This page is a list of tasks that need performing regularly.
Maintenance categories[edit source]
Files or articles in the following categories are in need of improvement for various reasons: you can help by editing them to fix any issues which have been identified. You can add pages and images to these categories by editing them and adding the relevant maintenance templates.
- Pages which need expanding
- Articles under construction (Size: 55)
- Incomplete articles (Size: 210) - see RuneScape:Maintenance/Incomplete articles for a detailed list about pages in this category
- Incomplete references (Size: 3)
- Stubs (Size: 729)
- Pages which need improvement
- Obsolete (Size: 155) - see RuneScape:Maintenance/Obsolete articles for a detailed list about pages in this category
- Articles in need of cleanup (Size: 34) - see RuneScape:Maintenance/Articles in need of clean up for a detailed list about pages in this category
- Possibly biased articles (Size: 2)
- Pages with unsourced statements (Size: 191)
- References that need verification (Size: 523)
- Achievements that use tiers (Size: 1)
- Files which need cleanup
- Images needing transparency (Size: 0)
- Images needing translucency (Size: 0)
- Images in need of cleanup (Size: 0)
- Files which need retaking
See here for a guide on taking images
- Needs image (Size: 122)
- Images needing to be retaken (Size: 0)
- Animations needing to be retaken (Size: 0)
- Audio files needing to be retaken (Size: 0)
- Pages missing information
- Missing Invention data
- Needs dialogue (Size: 8)
- Needs drop quantity added (Size: 2)
- Needs drop rarity added (Size: 485)
- Needs ID (Size: 192)
- Needs examine added (Size: 55)
- Missing immunity information (Size: 434)
- Needs release date (Size: 37)
- Needs update added (Size: 9)
- Needs members status (Size: 2)
- Missing destroy text (Size: 257)
- Needs monster stats added (Size: 2)
- Pages with errors
- Erroneous parameter (Size: 1)
- Parser function errors (Size: 225)
- Pages with broken file links (Size: 25)
- Pages with script errors (Size: 134)
This section reports the number of pages that are in the given maintenance special pages, limited to 100. The numbers will update with the cache of each page, usually every 24 hours.
Reacting to game updates[edit source]
RuneScape is a game that is constantly updated: perhaps the most essential thing to be done on the wiki is documenting each update that occurs. Following game updates the most important thing to do is to write up any information that is found out about new content on relevant pages on the wiki.
- Be bold and add any information that you can! You do not need to be an experienced editor to help with this; this kind of editing can be done easily in the default editor, which you can find a guide on how to use here. Special:Newpages may be helpful for finding pages relating to the latest released game updates.
- If there is not an existing page for the content you want to write about then you may need to create a new page.
- As pages are developed their contents should be formatted using templates.
- Take images and add them to pages.
- Patch Notes can affect game content and the wiki needs updating to reflect this.
Documenting future updates[edit source]
Information about planned future updates that are in development can be documented on the wiki. This information is both interesting to RuneScape players and helpful in preparing the wiki for the release of new updates.
- Any facts about future content which are revealed through Jagex sources should be added to the wiki; however any speculation about future updates is not allowed (see our future content policy for more information).
- When writing about future content you should use the future tense and use references to show the source of any information you add. A guide on referencing can be found here.
- The main place where future content information is collected is the upcoming updates page. This page is used to list all future updates with their planned release dates, if these are known.
- If a significant amount of information about a piece of future content is known and its name is confirmed then you may create a new page for it. Pages written about future content should have the template placed at the top of them.
Transcripts are pages dedicated to providing an exact copy of in-game texts or dialogues with NPCs. Transcripts are then linked to on pages which they are created for, You can find out how to add to or create transcripts by looking at this guide as well as the style guidelines for transcripts.
Update money making guides[edit source]
To maintain the quality of the money making guide we need to gather information about new money making methods and create guides on them. Gather data about a potential method and submit it to the money making guide's Talk:Money making guide or use it to create a new money making guide. Use the style guide to help with writing new guides.