|Archive directory||Delisting archive||Replacement archive||Obsolete archive||20||21||22||23|
- 1 Successful nominations
- 2 Unsuccessful nominations
Description: The Ancient Cavern with her dangers, hidden under a lake.
Reason: Several monsters and surroundings of the Ancient Cavern catched in one picture. Nice lighting and details.
- Support- As nominator. -- 14:10, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - You can really see anything from the thumbnail, maybe it needs cropping?
19:46, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - It's a thumbnail, like you said. Click on it ;) 23:35, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Without the hits can be ok Dindirindin 15:12, 14 April 2009 (UTC) --
- Support It is a great picture, and it captures the epic atmosphere of the Ancient Cavern. Mithril Dragons FTW! 4ndrepd TalkContribsJump to the God Wars II! 20:25, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Slight support - Like Dindirindin said, the hit-splats spoil the picture. 11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - I just don't think this image is well sized. I undestand that the bigger version looks better, but I don't want this thumbnail on the main page because you have to squint to see anything. I think this image could be changed to look better, but not in its current form.
23:05, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral 02:56, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - As mentioned, the hit splats ruin the effect. ThatOneGuy 13:10, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Ok guys, I have removed the splashes from the image.. More supporters now? 14:01, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Nice lighting and textures, and isn't too dark. And just look at the smooth detail of the stone stairs at the bottom of the screen! -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: The essence of ruination, vying for control of the Soul Obelisk.
Reason: This is a really nice, clean, pic, taken from the popular new minigame.
- Support- As nominator. 23:38, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support- Awsome pic and really clear. Dindirindin 15:08, 14 April 2009 (UTC) --
- Support - one of the best monster pictures I've seen. 11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Awesome picture! My compliments to the maker. Who could it be?-- . 14:00, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Crisp, bright, and clear. I only wish, though, that we could get a picture of it in it's natural habitat (akin to what we have for the Featured Image featuring the Avvy of Creation), but I would be quite happy to see this featured regardless. -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support- Nice picture 23:23, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support- great resolution and nice monster -- 03:13, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: A player navigates the dangerous pathways of the Underground Pass.
Reason: Eye-catching and detailed Underground Pass picture. Also because we need more game client pictures.
- Support- As nominator. Mensilater 06:16, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - The detail in the lighting makes it seem dangerous, which it is. And look at those spikes! ~MuzTalk 13:08, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Makes Underground Pass look pretty damn dangerous quest. =D (Why does it have a crop template?) dictature 13:18, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - A nice spooky image for a nice spooky quest. Also I removed the crop template, it must have snuck in there accidentiallly when I was doing a lot of image tagging. 19:43, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support Great lightning, great fog, great place, great picture. Nice job! 4ndrepd TalkContribsJump to the God Wars II! 14:46, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Makes me want to do the quest again. 11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - It'll bring back fond memories for those who have completed it and images of fear of those who plan on doing it. Happy times... ThatOneGuy 13:10, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - It's got a nice dank feel, that's good. The muddy path also sets the scene nicely, and like the Brimhaven Dungeon picture, it has a nice, forboding feel. -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is successful. Waiting for nominator to provide a description. 19:08, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Description added by Mensilater on 04:40, 20 April 2009 (UTC). 07:00, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: The valley of the snowy Trollweiss Mountain.
Reason: An image representing the other side of Runescape - The rarely visited snowy north.
- Support- If there's gonna be a scenery featured of Trollweiss Mountain, then rather this one then above. 10:10, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - It is a good image, but there is no snow. That is what makes the other one unique.Joe Click Here for Awesomeness12:57, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - This is a nice, crisp pic and I think it would be great to feature. Also, it's not like we have to decide just one featured image, we already have several, so you can vote for as many pictures as you want. 18:59, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - It's a nice shot of the valley. It has some good lighting and lovely textures, as well. It also gives a nice viewpoint; you really see just how big and magnificant the valley is. -- 14:31, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Seems like a very calming picture. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 11:27, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: A view of the basement Mausoleum of the Paterdomus temple.
Reason: A good example of the new Runescape, including light and detailed, improved graphics.
- Support- Although I am completely against the whole 'Featured image' idea (I think it's a waste of space, we'd better give the space to Article of the Month), this truly is a nice image, see the reason.-- . 06:43, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Looks great. -- 19:11, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - It's got a nice forboding feel and the columns really give you a sense of the size of the place. 20:17, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oh and it's called the Paterdoumus Mausoleum so lets replace the world basement with Mausoleum, it also sounds better (spookier) 00:45, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - A spooky and mysterious picture leading to my favourite region. Good use of light, so why not. No further comment needed. ThatOneGuy 04:38, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Weak oppose - Brightness could be improved. 12:22, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Brightness has been improved. 17:37, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - I really like the detail and lighting, plus it looks much better since the brightness adjustment. CFLM (Talk) 11:21, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - You capture the eeriness of the mausoleum perfectly, and the sense of foreboding coming from it is overwhelming, which is what I think is perfect for this picture. Tehnoobshow101 18:25, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - I'ts a very good photo, lighting and veiw. I love it. 100% Support-- 19:31, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is successful. 09:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: The sought out Jaldraocht Altar, the altar for Ancient Magicks
Reason: The Picture of a frequently used and much sought after reward from a quest. I wanted to nominate this image because it has an artistic style and shows a popular area for Magers to change their Spellbooks to Ancient Magicks.
- Support as nominator --- Requiem1160 16:45, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment can you take the picture again and save in .png file format? Also it can be a lil bit higher, if you're afraid to appear on the pic you can take a screenshot while you do easter event emote :P
- Comment Re-uploaded as asked Requiem1160 14:47, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support Looks very well done and is one of my favorite places in-game 23:57, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support Looks awsome, but i thinks is small. Dindirindin 18:59, 25 April 2009 (UTC) --
- Support - Look at the shadows of the pillars. Look at the subtle crumples in the cloth over the altar. Look at the texture of the sand, which we don't have much of in our Featured Image Gallery currently. Add in the lovely Eygptian-style scenary, and you've got a lovely picture which would make a great addition to the Featured Image Gallery. -- 14:31, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - This is a very nice image that shows off some great scenery. 07:21, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Wonderful image. Well worth featuring. 19:49, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is successful. Description is changed slightly. 12:35, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Description: Gu'Tanoth, the capital city of the ogres.
Reason: Shows a great caption of the city Gu'Tanoth, the ogres and the surroundings.
- Support As nominator, great picture! 15:49, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Weak Support It's a really nice picture, but it's also quite boring - there's nothing happening besides some ogres waving their arms Requiem1160 18:12, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - I'm going to be completely honest here: we need some more pictures of different races across RuneScape (aside from some Humans in most of our featured images, the Goblins in the Chosen Commander Image, and various enemies throughout many of our screens, we lack different races) This is the first time that the Ogres have been nominated in any form. That aside, the graphics, scenery, and character models look great as well. -- 16:25, 1 May 2009 (UTC) 14:31, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Good picture, very detailed. (As a side note - that ogre chieftan seems to be using what looks very much like a skull sceptre!) 19:49, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - This pic shows off the ogre graphics update nicely. 23:09, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is successful. Description is changed slightly. 15:28, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
Image: Click here
Description: One of the most graceful characters in Runescape. [Description biased.]
- Support - As nominator. Very good quality
- Oppose - the AA problem is too significant, if it can get fixed I'd support it. 01:02, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Changing the AA made a big difference, this looks good to me. 18:34, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Image size reduced to 150px, as the image is too large in height. 12:10, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support It is clearly very nice. One of the most gracious being that ever held foot on Gielinor
- Oppose - Its too fuzzy around the edges, puts me off.
11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Same reason as above 23:23, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - I just don't like this picture to be honest. Quality's a bit dodgy. --
Description: No description.
Reason: Great detail in the image is given. Shows a hidden spy in the area.
- Support- As nominator. --~MuzTalk 22:35, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - This spy is just hidden to well. If this penguin is sticking his beak or feet out of the barrel, the picture would be eye-catching. Now it's not + it doesn't illustrate the article content very well. 23:55, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - IT's hard to see what is this image about. Dindirindin 15:10, 14 April 2009 (UTC) --
- Oppose - Yes, he's too well hidden - having his head sticking out would give it the comical edge needed to be featured. 11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - It's an excellent idea but in this picture he's too well hidden. If his head was sticking out it would be perfect --
- Oppose - Per the above. Frankly, I can't even see the spy in the thumbnail. As has been said above, it'd be great if we could get a picture of the spy peeking his head out and looking around; but really, I can't even tell whether this is just farm scenery or a spy. -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
File:RSWF Wntr08-09 meeting&greeting2.png|200px|right
Description: The Wikifest is a seasonal wiki community event.
Reason: This pic would be a nice way to advertise our upcoming Wikifest.
- Support- As nominator. I'd like to see if we could fast track this image so we can get it up before the wikifest. 00:30, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose It is in SD, and it looks like a big spamfest. 4ndrepd TalkContribsJump to the God Wars II! 14:55, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose As much as its good advertising, I agree with 4ndrepd, its SD and spammy. 11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - This image is not used in mainspace. 11:27, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - This isn't even good advertising; it's just a couple people spamming "Wiki" or "Wikifest", which sets a bad example for participators behavior, and what the Wikifests are about (seriously, this boils down to saying "our party is just a spamfest, yay, isn't this fun"). On top of this, there's nothing really special about the image. -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - I appreciate everyone's feedback. This looked like the best image of a previous wikifest that we had (there are only 8 on the entire wiki). I think all your comments definitly encourage me, and hopefully others, to get some good quality pics at this wikifest. 21:09, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
[[File:Dragon battle axe special.png|right|175px]]
Description: The fearseome dragon battle axe special attack.
Reason: Shows the Dragon Battle Axe special attack at a wonderful angle.
- Support - As nominator C0smic 03:23, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Somehow reminds me of Braveheart 05:29, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Image width reduced to 175px, as the height exceeded 200px. 12:10, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Next week we feature the amazing dragon longsword special. Raarrrrrggggghhhhhh! 23:55, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose It... just does not seem right to feature a special attack... 4ndrepd TalkContribsJump to the God Wars II! 14:44, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - What's wrong with featuring a special attack? Its a great image of it, and one of the more 'obvious' special attacks (excalibur/enhanced excalibur's is similar too). 11:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - This is teh pwnage --
- Oppose - This particular picture isn't really anything special compared to some of our other featured images, and really it seems silly that the user is apparently using the special attack for no apparant reason; perhaps with a change of scenery, this would be more FI material (Maybe near the start of a Clan Wars battle?) -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - It contains no special or good graphics at all, and isn't special in any other way.-- . 13:41, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - No consensus. 12:17, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: A view over the edge of the snowy Trollweiss Mountain
Reason: A image representing the other side of Runescape - The rarely visited snowy north.
- Support- As nominator.Joe Click Here for Awesomeness15:47, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - This is a nice picture. It shows off the snow nicely. I'm guessing it will make people think, "oh yeah, I remember that place, it had nice graphical effects". 23:08, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Weak Support - Its a good pic, however I think it could be a bit bigger. 09:36, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Would this second version be better?
20:50, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Second version removed. A different image would require another nomination. Either update the existing image, or re-nominate. 11:27, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - I updated the existing image, cropping it to better focus on the subject of the image. 21:36, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - I'm torn. Aside from the mountain itself, you can't see any scenery, just grey... area. Then again, the snowflakes that cover the screen are a feature that is rarely seen elsewhere in RuneScape, and we only have one image of a mountain area (Which is the one of the Wise Old Man sledding down a hill)... I can't really decide whether to support or oppose it, so I'm going to go neutral. -- 14:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - This image doesn't represent the rarely visited snowy north. Many people come by this place who travel by fairy ring. If you look on the minimap you also see that you're hardly standing on the mountain or the valley itself. Not much scenery either on here. 23:23, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- I Agree With Pikaandpi, It's Hard To Choose Between This And the Other.. So I Can't Decide...
- Closed - "Trollweiss Mountain Valley (2)" is featured instead. 12:17, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Image: Click here
Description: A view in the middle of Catherby, starting to go onto the beach
Reason: I am aware that we had this before, but It was a series of 5 different images changed along the course of the RFI (is that right? RFI?). This is the first one that was nominated. I am nominating it because I think it is a good image.
- Support as nominatorJoe Click Here for Awesomeness17:19, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose per my rationale last time; and this one is WAY "busier" than before. -- 19:11, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support it's a fantastic pic
- Oppose - In my opinion, only areas which had a Graphical rework should be featured. This one, Catherby, isn't. This makes it look like the old Runescape, without any special things to be shown.-- . 08:30, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Then which of the current featured images got a 'Graphical rework' more then Catherby ?
15:09, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Not necessarily an anounced rework, but the Paterdomus basement was updated with the release of Legacy of Seergaze, and the Smoke dungeon was updated too.-- . 05:43, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - I don't like this view of catherby. The pictures name is Catherby beach, and that's what I rather like to see. 15:30, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Catherby simply isn't a visually appealing area as of now. It's nothing the photographer did wrong; I think it's just not a good location. Morian Smith 03:44, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - I do not think it captures enough of Catherby to be featured. The picture's quality is great, and no offense or anything, but it's the MOST LIMITED image I've ever seen in my life!! Tehnoobshow101 18:28, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - It's not a good photo, but I woud like to see a featured image from this region -- 19:20, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Question - Can I upload a replacement over this image? Or do I have to wait longer
00:22, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- Answer - You would have to re-nominate if a replacement image is used. 09:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is unsuccessful. 09:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
[[File:Polar Kebbit Hunting strategy.png| right | 200px | A step-by-step guide]]
Description: Picture of, and guide to, polar kebbit hunting
Reason: Provides an overview and explanation of the activity that text descriptions were having a lot of difficulty conveying. You can look at the image, and know 90% of what you need to know to perform the skill.
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nerlone (talk) on 11:33, April 21, 2009 (UTC).
- Oppose - While I do think this is a very useful image, I don't think it's the type of image I would like to see featured. The text is perfect for the guide and the article, however, it takes away from the image quality and look. For that reason I don't think I want it to be featured. 04:11, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - It indeed is a useful image, but it contains nothing that has to be featured.-- . 08:28, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - As all opposes. Useful, but not feature worthy. ~MuzTalk 11:18, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is unsuccessful. 09:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Description: An image of the smoke dungeon. [Please provide a better description.]
Reason: The image shows amazing detail, and the smokey effect shows the real danger of the dungeon.
- Support As nominator --- ~MuzTalk 00:50, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose I just can't capture the feel of the smoke dungeon. You need to capture the feel, the foreboding, the fact that you are slowly succumbing to smoke... THAT'S what you need in a picture like this. Even the most inexperienced must be able to have a clear idea of what the dungeon looks like, that's the whole point of a picture! With this image, that doesn't happen. Tehnoobshow101 18:31, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Can you please explain? I believe that there is smoke on the side of the image. Can you please explain how I can better get it to tell inexperienced people that it is dangerous? ~MuzTalk 03:52, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know how to explain but I agree with Tehnoobshow101. This image doesn't give the right feeling 08:29, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - The colour and brightness has been improved. 10:00, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Don't get me wrong, the Dungeon looks great, especially the lava; but the Smoke looks really awful (seriously, it's all jagged instead of smooth; it looks like something out of an N64 game), and because it's such a major part of this picture, I'm afraid I cannot support it. Sorry. -- 14:31, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Slight oppose per Pika. 19:49, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is unsuccessful. 12:33, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Description: The Ultimate Battle for the Powerful Destruction Avatar has ended.
Reason: This picture shows the calamity that is Soul Wars and the Death of one the Avatars. It's similar to the 'Battle for the Creation Avatar', and is a rather clear picture, and has excellent textures viewed.
- Support as nominator Requiem1160 13:50, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Slight Support - I like the image, but I don't really like all the prayer icons, damage splats, or the health bars. ~MuzTalk 13:55, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Comment Re-uploaded: I removed all the Health Splats and the Prayer bobbles. I couldn't remove the Prayer from Melee one, however. Requiem1160 13:03, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Slight support I really think this is a nice image. It is also well timed as the avatar seems to be calling out to the heavens as he's dying. The reason my support is only slight is because we already have 2 soul wars images featured and already one of the avatar of destruction. I'm ok with this one replacing the other. My point is, there are a lot of other areas besides soul wars with great photo opportunities. 18:25, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Support - The image has great detail, and shows a great image of a high leveled monster falling to the ground. ~MuzTalk 22:38, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Don't we already have an Avatar of Destruction image being featured...? Why do we need 2? ThatOneGuy 12:43, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Question - Is this a nomination to replace, or to add? 15:22, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Answer - It's an obvious nomination to add, which explains why it's listed here. Requiem1160 15:31, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - We already have 2 pictures of the same monster. 18:12, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Weak oppose - Thanks for the clarification, Requiem. We already have a nice image for the avatar. Having two.. that would be overkill. 18:24, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - nominating another image of the same thing is superfluous. I think that we should have more variety in our featured images, instead of nominating the same thing over and over again. As we already have one featured, nominating this one would be simply unoriginal. C0smic 05:49, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - This image is different to the Destruction Avatar standing around, and if you're talking about the Battle for the Soul Avatar, thats like saying you can't have Zamorak because theres Saradomin. This is opposite, showing the darkness and the death of the Destruction Avatar Requiem1160 18:25, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Per all, we don't need more Avatars!-- . 16:12, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Closed - Nomination is unsuccessful. 05:06, 8 May 2009 (UTC)