RuneScape:Featured articles/Barrows (delist)
The article is completely unreferenced, the coverage is poor, and the writing and organization of the article could be improved. I'll give some examples below.
- "It succeeded, for the brothers, who were in the front line, seemed invincible." Poor grammar.
- "The brothers were grievously wounded in battle near the Great Vyrewall and thus the army set up camp just west of Meiyerditch." The prose could be improved. This would work better: "After the brothers were grievously wounded in battle near the Great Vyrewall, the army set up camp just west of Meiyerditch."
- "Soon, the brothers died of their infectious wounds simultaneously in the army's camp." The brothers died at precisely the same time? That sounds unlikely; I would recommend referencing this claim if it is true.
- "Sliske cast a magical spell on the crypts" What crypts?
- "binding them to guard a very powerful artefact" The name of this artefact could be mentioned. I notice that in the article, "a very powerful artefact" links to the Barrows icon.
- Explain who Zaros is. Why did Azzanadra want to establish communication with Zaros?
- "Shortly after said ritual, which the adventurer attended with several Temple Knight allies, Sliske attempted to claim them in a similar way." In what way did Azzandra and the adventurer claim them in the first place?
- "However, the Saradominist priest Akrisae Kolluym intercepted the spell, sacrificing himself and turning him into Akrisae the Doomed - the seventh wight." This sentence is a bit convoluted, and needs to indicate that Sliske turned him into Akrisae the Doomed.
- "Akrisae joined the Barrows Brothers in their crypt, although, of course, he isn't a Barrows Brother himself." It isn't necessary to mention Akrisea is not a Barrows brother (I hope).
- Other quick observations
- The lead mentions the objective of the Barrows minigame, but this isn't mentioned or expanded on in the body.
- Money making: An introduction to this section would be useful.
- This section talks about "High level Barrows", but this isn't mentioned anywhere else in the article.
- "The minigame is one of a few being updated completely, both graphically and minigame obstacles." Poor grammar. Also, this could be included in the "Graphical overhaul" section.
- "Safespots were also affected by the update, and there are very few safespots to deal with the Barrows Brothers, all being in the catacombs only." These safespots aren't described anywhere else in the article. Smithing (talk | contribs) 02:44, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Not that good. Note that Suppa is preparing a YG thread about some additions to the FA and FIMG processes, including a mass delisting of articles (this included).05:30, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Why did you make this if there's going to be a YG thread about delisting this article anyway? Oil4 Talk 21:39, September 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not able to accurately fix most of the problems I've noted above, since I'm not a member and can't play the Barrows minigame (I really have no interest in playing RS). I also don't know or can't access the sources of information for the article. I do, however, hope that my suggestions will help anyone who can play the minigame and is interested in improving the article. Smithing (talk | contribs) 20:02, September 18, 2013 (UTC)
Oppose - I think instead of delisting this article we should use this as an opportunity to bring it up to Featured Article status by making the changes mentioned. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 12:00, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Well then feel free to make the changes, but if it isn't up to scratch then it needs to be removed and if need be renominated at a later date. Plus you assume that making the changes would bring it back up to FA status which is not necessarily the case, which would result in a massive waste of time fixing it only to have to delist it. Until such a time it should be removed if it's not FA status then renominated if it becomes FA status again. 21:24, September 22, 2013 (UTC)