RuneScape:Featured articles/2011 Christmas event
Reason: Well written, detailed and informative. Plenty of images and a nice gallery, and a great trivia section. I dare even say that it is considerably better than the 2009 guide. All in all, colourful, appealing and good quality writing.
Image: File:Imp chathead Grayzag's hat.png or File:Wizard Sinterklaas chathead.png.
- Support - As nominator. 16:44, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Neutral leaning to oppose - I think it's a quite nice guide, but that's it then. I don't really think anyone is still interested in this article now that the event is over, and it's not that spectacular either. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 10:32, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Being gone should not be a reason for something not to be featured if it's well written etc. I mean, 2009 Xmas is still featured, isn't it? 12:28, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
- OPPOSE -The event is over. No need to feature an article which is quite usless now, unless you're looking to find out about past events. 03:26, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Support - Very informative. Hair 22:05, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
Strong oppose - There are many problems I see with this article. Just looking at the lead section, I can see that it is missing some important information. For example, the event's plot and the fact that "A Towering Feast" is the event's official name. I also think that the prose of the lead could be improved, and that it should mainly be written in past tense, considering the event is over.
However, I feel that the biggest problem with the article is its walkthrough section. The walkthrough is written as though the readers can still do the quest, which is not the case. It would be better if it was written for its current target audience (so like a story or such).
In addition, I would recommend that the accuracy and spelling of the article be checked, because I found several unnecessary capitalizations and some possibly out-of-date information (i.e., "At the Adventurer's log Quest Status, upon completion of the Christmas event, is still marked as "In Progress". As of 1 January 2012, this is yet to be fixed"). I'll be willing to do a more thorough review once these problems have been addressed. Smithing (talk | contribs) 19:08, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Ye're right. I updated the lead, trivia and tenses in the trivia. Now rests to change all tenses into would. Anyone care to help out? 13:00, March 11, 2012 (UTC)