Zamorak GWD (15 March 2014)
Event information[edit source]
- Friends Chat – UwS Kamikazi
- Location – Zamorak God Wars Dungeon Boss Door, world 39
- Date and time
Sat, 15 Mar
Sat, 15 Mar
Sat, 15 Mar
Sat, 15 Mar
Sat, 15 Mar
Sat, 15 Mar
Sat, 15 Mar
Sun, 16 Mar
- The event is over.
- Drops distribution: Coinshare
If you are under 60 Strength and/or 70 Constitution, you will need boosts to enter the stronghold.
Note: Prepare your kill count before the event begins. At 20:00 UTC we will enter the boss chambers with or without you so leave yourself enough time to kill all 40 monsters. See down below for more details
Recommended items[edit source]
- A one-click teleport out of the dungeon
- A pair of Climber boots
- An item aligned with Zamorak which will cause his minions to be unaggressive.
- A list of which items protect, and which don't can be found here.
Getting there[edit source]
- Climbing up the mountain - Using climbing boots, you can teleport to Burthorpe with a games necklace and climb all the way up to Trollheim through Death Plateau.
- Teleporting there - Using the Trollheim Teleport (or tablet) will teleport you right to the top of the mountain, making it the ideal arrival method. No climbing boots are needed.
When you get to Trollheim using the various methods mentioned above, run east, then north past Thrower trolls to get to a snowy area with a large boulder. Your stats will be drained here so we must be quick. If you are below 60 strength, drink the Super strength potion you should have with you and push aside the boulder. Run forward until you find the ruins with wolves and a giant hole. If you have never been to GWD before, speak to the Dying knight at the entrance and get through the dialog. Drop/Destroy the notes he hands you as they are unnecessary to enter and use your rope on the entrance.
Once you are in, head north until you get to the river to access Zamorak's stronghold. Here you need to have at least 7000 lifepoints to cross the river. If your maximum lifepoints is under that, you need to fully heal and/or drink a Constitution-boosting potion, such as a Saradomin brew.
Note: Crossing the river will not damage you but it will drain your prayer. So as soon as you get past it, drink a few sips of a prayer potion.
There are two spots you can use to gain the killcount:
- North from the rope. werewolves, bloodveld, vampyres and hellhounds fight the goblins and hobgoblins frequently. Meleeing will take a while, however maging is much faster and there is a safespot against bloodveld and hellhounds. The goblins and hobgoblins are much more durable now and will take more hits before going down.
- Inside Zamorak's Fortress. There are five imps that can be quickly killed. There is also a safespot against bloodveld, goraks and hellhounds. Note that hopping worlds will not reset your killcount, however leaving the dungeon will.
The Fight[edit source]
- Please attempt to get your killcount before the event starts.
When everyone has achieved his killcount of 40, the tank will enter the room and engage K'ril. As soon as the tank takes one attack, it is safe for everyone else to enter the room. Before you come in please make sure the ability Incite is turned off.
K'ril has a unique set of attacks as one of the original God Wars Generals. As of the September God Wars update, anyone near or on the tank will also receive damage. After the Evolution of Combat update, he has the ability to increase his poison damage and decrease the duration of your antipoison potions. All of K'ril's attacks will be split evenly if near the attacked player.
- Melee attack: K'ril slices you with one of his scimitars. Not accurate now as of the Evolution of Combat, but can occasionally hit over 1100+ damage.
- Magic attack: K'ril jumps into the air and sends a shockwave with one of his scimitars.
- Prayer draining attack: K'ril jumps into the air, saying "Yaarrgh!". A game notice will tell you he has penetrated through your prayer and you feel drained. It deals extremely heavy damage, more than his melee attacks, so players should take notice of this. With the instanced God Wars update, this attack will now be used regardless if prayers/curses are on or not. This attack can hit up to 4500, but this attack usually depends on your health and prayer percentage.
Players should activate Protect From Magic or Protect from Melee depending on how close they stand to K'ril, and which style they use. Higher leveled players may choose to use Soulsplit. Once your prayers are activated, use the best offensive abilities you can in order to quickly kill the boss. Once the main boss is dead, focus on his minions Tstanon, Zakl'n and Balfrug. Always kill the boss first, and then the minions, as the minions respawn quickly if the boss has not been killed yet.
Should you die[edit source]
Death is usually fairly bothersome, but not on this trip. If you should succumb to death, your grave will be blessed, giving you a complete hour to return and pick up your items. Obviously, any items you may be carrying that are not being protected by the gravestone will be lost, so plan what you will bring accordingly. If you require boosts or are very new with the GWD area, you can ask an events team member or a friend to help you on the way back.
Recommended setup[edit source]
You are not obligated to wear anything on this list for the event.
- Off-hand: Off-hand drygore mace / rapier / longsword > Off-hand chaotic claw / rapier / longsword > Enhanced excalibur
- Shield (optional): Malevolent kiteshield > Divine spirit shield / Chaotic kiteshield > Bandos warshield
If you do not have Melee weapons of a greater tier, it is recommended to use Magic.
- Legs: Tectonic robe bottom > (Superior) sea singer's robe bottom > Virtus robe bottom > Ganodermic leggings
- Spell: Ice barrage / Your best spell (Do NOT use blood spells)
- Shield (optional): Merciless kiteshield > Arcane spirit shield / Farseer kiteshield > Ward of subjugation
If you do not have Melee or Magic weapons of a greater tier, it is recommended to use Ranged.
- Body: Sirenic hauberk > Superior death lotus body > Death lotus body > Pernix body > Armadyl chestplate
- Legs: Sirenic chaps > Superior death lotus chaps > Death lotus chaps> Pernix chaps > Armadyl chainskirt
Recommended inventory[edit source]
All setups[edit source]
- 2 Super Sets or Super extreme variants for the style you choose
- or 2+ Overload flasks if you have access to them
- Teleport to house (Preferably in Magic tablet form for one-click escape)
- 1 Antipoison (Optional, useful if the tanks miss the boss for a round)
Further items depend on whether you will be bringing a BoB. Bringing a beast of burden familiar to bosses is often very useful since it can carry extra supplies, but there is a good chance that by the time the team is ready to take on the boss, the familiar will nearly have exhausted its timer. Make sure to bring a spare pouch to renew it.
No BoB[edit source]
Spirit terrorbird[edit source]
- Spare Spirit terrorbird pouch
- 1 Super restore
- 6 Super restore flasks
- 14 Sharks or Rocktails
- Terrorbird carrying 12 further shark/rocktail
War tortoise[edit source]
- Spare War tortoise pouch
- 10 Super restore flasks
- 10 Sharks or Rocktails
- Tortoise carrying 18 shark/rocktail
Pack yak[edit source]
- Spare Pack yak pouch or other familiar pouch
- 5-10 Super restore flasks
- 15 Sharks or Rocktails
- Pack-yak filled with food and restores
The balance of food and prayer will vary from player to player depending on prayer level. If unsure, favour more food over more prayer. There is ample time between kills for the team to trade amongst themselves if a player has taken particularly heavy damage in a round.
If you have access to Bunyips or Unicorn stallions, exchange a food item for the relevant pouch (and a second for the relevant scrolls for unicorns and titans). Summoning these once the BoB is empty is an excellent way to extend the trip. If you have such pouches, consider donating food to those who don't, even before the familiar is completely empty.
- ^ Estimated at 1/72 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who participated in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ Estimated at 1/477 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/500 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/387 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/289 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Zamorakian spear (m)||1||Rare||1,397,570||60,000|
|Hood of subjugation (m)||1||Rare||1,197,157||8,400|
|Garb of subjugation (m)||1||Rare||7,028,587||30,600|
|Gown of subjugation (m)||1||Rare||3,887,128||28,800|
|Gloves of subjugation (m)||1||Rare||1,414,783||48,000|
|Boots of subjugation (m)||1||Rare||1,551,304||11,400|
|Ward of subjugation (m)||1||Rare||757,098||28,200|
|Warpriest of Zamorak helm||1||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Warpriest of Zamorak cuirass||1||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Warpriest of Zamorak greaves||1||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Warpriest of Zamorak gauntlets||1||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Warpriest of Zamorak boots||1||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Warpriest of Zamorak cape||1||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Godsword shard 1 (m)||1||Rare||148,665||150,000|
|Godsword shard 2 (m)||1||Rare||148,827||150,000|
|Godsword shard 3 (m)||1||Rare||149,137||150,000|
|Zamorak hilt (m)||1||Rare||1,203,707||300,000|
|Razulei's Tale (m)||1||Rare||0||0|