RuneScape:Events Team/Strategies/Exiled Kalphite Queen
The Exiled Kalphite Queen is essentially a 'hard mode' version of the normal Kalphite Queen. The same strategies for the latter apply to the former; if you have experience with the normal Queen, you'll most likely be fine with the Exiled Queen.
Getting there[edit source]
The Exiled Kalphite Queen is located in the Exiled Kalphite Hive. This is south of Jaldraocht Pyramid (the 'Desert Treasure pyramid'), meaning the fastest normal way there is to Home Teleport to the Bandit Camp lodestone and run south. Another way to take a magic carpet to Menaphos and run north. Those with access to the Max Guild tower can tune their PvM portal to the Kalphite King.
Once inside the hive, head to the Kalphite King's entrance, either by running around (and then unblocking the gap), or by using the shortcut if you've been before. From there, head east into the large room of Exiled Kalphite, and then south to a second room of Exiled Kalphite. The entrance to the Exiled Queen's lair is at the south end of this room. Use the Custom session right-click option to join the team's instance.
If you die and decide to try to return to your grave, it will spawn inside the non-instanced Exiled Queen's lair. Let the friends chat know you're doing this, and some people will hop out to take down the Queen so you can easily reclaim your items.
The Fight[edit source]
The Exiled Queen uses the same attacks and mechanics as the normal Queen, except she hits a bit more accurately and harder. She also has stronger minions accompanying her, though these often fail to spawn correctly in an instance.
- At all times,
- She has a melee attack that can hit anyone stood adjacent to her
- She has a ranged attack which hits everyone
- She has a magic attack which can bounce around
- She has two forms
- Her first form is immune to magic and ranged, so you must melee it
- Her second form is spawned when her first form's lifepoints are reduced to zero
- Her second form is immune to melee, so you must range or mage it
As mentioned, the Queen has two forms, so you will need to bring two styles, one of which is melee. Specific gear is essentially the same as any other boss, you're just bringing two sets of it. As such, there is only as general discussion about what gear to use following; for an example of these tiers in specific,
Due to armour swapping, you may prefer to use one set of armour instead of 2. In a team, you should be fine to do this. Options are:
- Warpriest of Saradomin armour/Warpriest of Zamorak armour, for occasional damage reduction
- Warpriest of Armadyl armour/Warpriest of Bandos armour, for occasional cooldown reduction
- (Superior) (elite) Void Knight equipment, with two helmets, for increased damage and accuracy
If you have a kalphite slayer task, a slayer helm is the way to go.