RuneScape:Events Team/Strategies/Clan Wars
Welcome to Clan Wars! Once a popular minigame accessible in the Wilderness, it has since been moved to the Gamers' Grotto. There is a bank and 3 portals: safe FFA (free for all) white portal, dangerous FFA red portal, and FC vs. FC purple portal. For the event we will be using the white and purple portals only. Any deaths within these two portals are safe and you will not lose your items. PvP isn't common these days but it's a refreshing change from PvM or skilling, and a good way to interact with fellow members of the community. The event will feature both FFA and team-based rounds, so come join even if you don't have the best gear or stats. See you there!
NOTE: The red portal is the dangerous FFA portal, and acts the same as being in the Wilderness. If you die there, you will lose your items! Please do not go into the red portal and do not follow anyone in there if they tell you to.
Getting there[edit source]
The Gamers' Grotto is located in a cave entrance directly east of the Falador lodestone. Once inside, head east to the Clan Wars lobby. This will be the meeting place for the event beforehand and between rounds. If you arrive during a round, please wait in the lobby and join the host FC to see the status of the round.
There is a bank chest in the Clan Wars lobby for gearing and restocking. As for the equipment to use, bring your best armour and weapon. Only one style is necessary, and it doesn't matter which one, though you may want to use magic or ranged over melee for long-range combat. The following equipment table is for reference if you need general suggestions. Note that the equipment table is generally used for our PvM events and therefore some listed things such as a Ring of vigour or Sign of life may not be recommended for a PvP situation.
The general "don't be an asshole" thing applies here, so don't flame others for winning/losing/whatever. Otherwise, the more specific rules are as follows:
- All gear and weapons are allowed (pocket slots, Enhanced Excalibur, etc.).
- All food and potions are allowed (Saradomin brews, Overloads, Weapon poison, etc.).
- No Summoning familiars are allowed (Pack yaks, Steel titans, etc.).
- FFA rounds - stay in the multi-combat areas of the arena.
- FFA rounds - entering the buildings is allowed.
- FFA rounds - no re-entry into the arena once you've been eliminated, unless you remove all equipment. Do not interfere with the remaining players by attacking them or telling them where others are.
- Team rounds - captains should keep their FC open and allow everyone to talk.
- Team rounds - stay only in the FC of your captain's team. Don't join the other team's FC.
- Team rounds - using all elements of the arena is allowed.
We will have FFA rounds and team-based rounds during the event. Remember to only use the white and purple portals - do not enter the dangerous red portal or talk anyone into entering the red portal.
FFA rounds[edit source]
These rounds will feature a Hunger Games-style of gameplay within the safe white FFA portal. There will be one winner of each round who will receive a prize. A description of this event is listed below.
- All participants and a designated MC will begin in the Clan Wars lobby.
- The MC will call names of participants to enter the white portal individually.
- Inside the FFA arena, they will disperse, hide, and wait in the multi-combat areas. Do not fight anyone until the last person (the host) enters the arena.
- You may want to form alliances with others you find while waiting for the round to start, but remember that they may turn on you later.
- When the host enters last, there will be an announcement in the FC that the round has started and players are free to attack others.
- Be the last player standing, get money.
NOTE: After you are eliminated, you may only re-enter the arena if you bank all your equipment. Don't otherwise interfere with the remaining players by attacking them, telling them where the other players are, etc.
Team rounds[edit source]
These rounds will be between two teams in different FC's in the purple portal. There will be volunteering/randomly chosen team captains who must open up their FC's to all players and grant talking powers to all players. Adding team members is not necessary.
- All players will gear and then stand in a pile on a single square (DD, or death dot) in the Clan Wars lobby.
- Two captains will be chosen and stand in designated spots nearby. They will open their FC's to event participants.
- The captains will take turns selecting teammates from the pile one by one until teams are even and there is no one left.
- All players will join the FC of their captain.
- The captains will challenge each other and decide the fight details (multi-combat arena, knockout or kill count, etc.).
- All players will enter the purple portal. The fight will begin in a few minutes.
- Both teams should form a strategy against the opposing team.
- Once the barrier drops, the fight will begin.
Note: The team fights will be in multi-combat arenas. After you are eliminated, you may rejoin the fight - though you may want to refill your inventory in the bank. The fight will continue until the end requirement is met, e.g. time, kill count, knockout.