RuneScape:Events Team/Bandos GWD (26 Feb 2011)
Bandos GWD[edit source]
- Clan Chat - RSW Events
- Location - Trollheim (the teleport point), World 39
- Date & Time -
Sat, 26 Feb
Sat, 26 Feb
Sat, 26 Feb
Sat, 26 Feb
Sat, 26 Feb
Sat, 26 Feb
Sat, 26 Feb
Sun, 27 Feb
- Drops distribution : Coinshare
The requirements to access the Bandos Boss chamber are:
These are not boostable.
Things to bring[edit source]
Armour, weapons, and general inventory setups can be found here. For other items that do not have to do with the actual fight, read below.
Required items[edit source]
- Climbing boots & Games necklace OR Trollheim teleport runes OR Trollheim teleport tablet
- Rope if you have never been inside GWD before
Recommended items[edit source]
- Bandos and Zamorak protection items, such as god armour or arrows. These will be nearly essential as the room between the main GWD area and Graardor's room are filled with Bandos and Zamorak followers. Protection items for Armadyl and Saradomin are not necessary, but may be recommended for newcomers.
Getting there[edit source]
When we all get to Trollheim, using our various methods mentioned above, as a group, we will run past the Thrower trolls to get to the snowy area with a large boulder blocking the path. Your stats will be quickly drained, along with your run energy - this is due to the snow falling.
We'll push past the boulder and run forward to the area with wolves and the Dying knight. You must speak to him the first time you enter the GWD. Drop or destroy the note he hands you (it is unnecessary), and use your rope on the GWD entrance, and down we go!
Clan chat[edit source]
While traveling to the Boss chamber and while everyone is getting up their killcount, you should be in the RSW Events clan chat.
After we are sure the majority of attendees are present, we will then divide the attendees into smaller groups depending on the turnout. You will be given a clan chat to join which you should switch to as soon as possible so we can get some more accurate numbers. The clan chat owner will be in a different world, you should hop to their world and they will rank you to receive loot - don't forget to click the money bag in the top right corner of the clan chat interface!
Note: Changing worlds will not reset your killcount, leaving the dungeon however, will.
Make sure you listen very carefully at the start of the event to help make it run as smoothly as possible and begin killing as soon as possible.
Latecomers: should join into the RSW Events clan chat. The channel name is the name of the clan chat you need to switch to. After you have switched and hopped to the same world as everyone else, alert the clan chat owner that you need to be ranked so you can activate lootshare (coinshare). Please be patient as they will most likely be fighting at the time which requires concentration.
The fight[edit source]
You can find a basic guide here.
There are two main rules to obey in this boss chamber:
- If Graardor is attacking you, pray against melee, since his melee attack is extremely powerful and can easily hit up to 600.
- If Graardor is not attacking you, pray against ranged. This will nullify all damage you could take from Graardor himself and will leave only the minions able to damage you, which is a relatively minor worry.
Aggressive familiars will attack Graardor and potentially make him change targets to the owner of the familiar. Common familiars which have this aggressive trait are spirit terrorbirds, war tortoises and fire/moss/ice titans. Only bring one of these familiars if a) you are willing to run the risk of Graardor targeting you (not recommended) or b) you can successfully instruct your familiar to attack a minion instead each time the boss spawns.
Should you die[edit source]
Death is usually fairly bothersome, but not on this trip. If you should die, your grave will be blessed immediately, giving you one hour to return and pick up your items. Obviously, any items you may be carrying that are not being protected by the gravestone will be lost, so plan what you will bring accordingly. If you require boosts or are very new with the GWD area, you can ask an events team member or a friend to help you on the way back, as you will have to journey all the way back to the GWD area and get your killcount again.
The main drops Graardor and his bodyguards are killed for are these:
|} The rest can be found here.
Recommended setup[edit source]
This is simply a suggestion of what armour a melee user may want to bring. You are not obligated to wear anything on this list to the event.
In rough order of preference:
- Helm: Helm of neitiznot/Fighter hat > Verac's helm > Berserker helm
- Amulet: Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory/Amulet of strength > Unholy symbol
- Chest: Karil's top/Bandos chestplate (with a good Magic level) > Zamorak body > Black dragonhide body/Fighter torso
- Legs: Bandos tassets/Verac's skirt > Dharok's/Torag's/Guthan's legs > Dragon platelegs
- Boots: Dragon boots > Rune boots/Rock climbing boots > Bandos boots
- Gloves: Barrows gloves > Combat bracelet > Dragon gauntlets
- Ring: Berserker ring/Onyx ring (i) > Warrior ring (if using a slashing weapon) > Ring of life
- Cape: Fire cape/Soul wars cape > Zamorak/Bandos cloak (prayer bonus, god protection)
- Weapon: Chaotic longsword > Chaotic rapier/maul > Any Godsword (ideally Bandos) > Abyssal whip
- Shield: Dragon defender > Rune defender/Dragonfire shield/Spectral spirit shield > Blessed spirit shield
If you have any Zamorak arrows, wielding one is an excellent way to gain Zamorak god protection without sacrificing any other gear slots.
Inventory depends on whether you will be bringing a BoB or not. Since everyone not under direct attack prays against ranged (and thus takes no damage from Graardor), the only damage they will take is from the minions which is much less severe. For all of these inventories, substitute one piece of food for Enhanced excalibur if you have it.
Substitute three shark or rocktail for two familiar pouches and some scrolls if bringing a healing familiar, and substitute one prayer potion for a super restore to summon the second one.
Spirit terrorbird/War tortoise: (please bear in mind the above warning about familiars that retaliate)
- Teleport to house
- 2 super attack
- 2 super strength
- 5 prayer potions
- 1 super restore
- 2 spare BoB pouches
- Rest of spaces & BoB food
Questions? Comments? Ask away!
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Bandos chestplate (m)||1||Rare||5,343,588||159,000|
|Bandos tassets (m)||1||Rare||2,777,984||163,500|
|Bandos boots (m)||1||Rare||453,359||15,000|
|Godsword shard 3 (m)||1||Uncommon||149,356||150,000|
|Godsword shard 1 (m)||1||Uncommon||148,840||150,000|
|Godsword shard 2 (m)||1||Uncommon||149,100||150,000|
|Bandos hilt (m)||1||Rare||316,346||300,000|