RuneScape:Criteria for speedy deletion
This article is about criteria for speedy deletion. For candidates which have already been nominated, see Category:Speedy deletion candidates.
Appropriate cases[edit source]
- Advertising and spam. Posting random websites links doesn't contribute positively to the wiki.
- Pages that are filled with nonsense or gibberish. There is no point in keeping such content.
- Pages containing original research or a large bias. For example, "According to a poll I conducted among my friends, RuneScape member subscriptions are too expensive." This doesn't help at all and it's personal opinion. These pages will be deleted.
- Vanity pages. Pages made about users or other RuneScape accounts should be taken to the creator's userspace.
- Pages that are riddled with copyright violations. Taking images, lines of text, or entire pages from a website is not permitted. See here for more information.
- Useless images that do not relate directly to RuneScape.
- Personal images.
- Images that do not meet a number of the guidelines outlined here, to the extent that they can't add to an article.
- Upcoming update images that are now unnecessary due to the update being released.
- User pages that have been created by an unregistered user or those that possess content that blatantly violates any policy (such as offensive language, scamming, copyright violation, etc.). User pages can also be deleted at the request of the author.
- Useless redirects.
- Redirects left behind when moving a page between different namespaces or when renaming a file, more commonly known as "move artefacts".
- Pages in another language. This is an English Wiki, and content must be in English. If you wish to make an article in another language, please contribute the article to one of our sister language Wikis.
- Useless or duplicated categories/templates.
Inappropriate cases[edit source]
- Stubs, no matter how small, could one day become a lengthy article.
- A page that requires cleanup. These pages are just in need of attention; they do not need to be deleted.
- Vandalism. Blanking pages, adding offensive material, or inserting random words should be reverted. If a page was created with this content or did not have any legitimate content to begin with, it may be deleted.
- A page that has existed for a long period of time but has not received many edits.
- Images of low quality which still adequately display the subject.