RuneScape:Clan Chat/Requests for CC Rank/Rexreload
Rexramen (RSN: Rexreload)
Rank requested: Adminstrator
Hey guys, I'm nominating myself for the role of clan administrator. I've been in RSW since 2011 / 2012, and I finally decided that I want to help the clan out, since it's helped me for 5 years or so. I'm online most of the time now, because I've finally graduated, and I think I will be able to be of some help. I'm usually friendly and funny, but if the situation calls for it, I can be serious. I'm always willing to help my friends to the best of my ability and this too goes for my clan mates.
I, Rexramen, accept this nomination for a rank in the Clan Chat RSW. I have read the clan chat rules and the rank guide pertaining to my desired rank. I understand that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I am aware that this is a serious transgression. If the community finds that I have done so, I understand that my rank will be revoked, and that in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Rexramen (talk) 15:54, June 6, 2016 (UTC).
Questions asked by the community (if necessary)
1. What timezone are you most active in?
2. What do you think being a clan admin involves and why do you want to have this rank?
- I believe it involves a few things,
- - Helping other members, with their problems in game, or in real life, if I have the knowledge or experience to do so.
- - Being the avatar warden if I can / or if it's needed. This means bringing out the avatar when the clan needs it, and not for my personal gain.
- - Helping with the raffle if necessary, adding entries and giving out the prizes. (I notice some of the clan members do not always have the chance to get added to the raffle when I am online)
- - Resolving issues when they arise in the clan chat, for example arguments or heated discussions. And if necessary, kicking out members who have repeatedly caused this to happen, after checking with other admins and higher-ups for permission.
- - Why do I want this rank: I would like to help out the other members, but not just limiting myself to answering questions or adding to discussions in the clan chat, but also be able to give them help with administrative matters, as stated above.
- I'm the 300 yen guy! Jokes aside, I'm someone who not everyone knows because I come and go often, because of schoolwork. But I've just graduated, which means I'll be having a super-extended stay here until I turn into a raisin or something.
4. Following on from your answer to question 2, why would you look for permission to kick a repeatedly disruptive user from the chat instead of using your judgement and simply doing it? cqm 17:23, 8 Jun 2016 (UTC) (UTC)
- I respect the opinions of everyone, but in this case, the other admins or higher ups, and I would like to hear their views on the matter before deciding on anything. But in the case that no other admins or higher ups are online, and the situation is getting worse, I would take appropriate action and then report this to the rest later. Rexramen (talk) 01:45, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
- I think this represents an underlying misconception, feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. While we don't generally hold CC admins to the same standards as wiki admins, there is a significant amount of overlap. We expect them to be neutral in a dispute, and to be able to defend their actions should they be called into question. Generally they won't, but nonetheless it means that you need to have an amount of confidence in what you're doing that you know it's correct, or at the very least can hold up under discussion. That you feel the need to discuss it with others, or report afterwards suggests you lack this confidence at this moment.
- Said lack of confidence isn't a bad thing, it comes with time after observing similar circumstances which are thankfully few and far between. It also comes with experience, which you can only get from being an admin. Due to lack of disputes in the cc, we often judge candidates on how they behave in the cc and whether their behaviour is beyond reproach allowing us to make an educated guess as to how they're likely to behave in a dispute. cqm 09:49, 9 Jun 2016 (UTC) (UTC)
Comment - I'll support for 300 yen fetus is my son and I love him. 15:57, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
Question - Your answer to #3 didn't help me all that much (not that I claim to be active right now, but I've had a few periods of very active time in the years you mentioned). Can you maybe list some previous display names to help refresh people's memory? Christine 03:22, June 8, 2016 (UTC)
- My previous names were: Matau743 and Lightning899 (Not sure if it helps :/) Rexramen (talk) 03:28, June 8, 2016 (UTC)
Oppose - I've only seen you active in the clan as of late, and while you may be a returning player, I don't have nearly enough experience with who you are as a person to think you should be a good admin.17:35, June 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Psi-san, thanks for stopping by to take a look. I completely understand, I haven't been around long so people don't really know me. Rexramen (talk) 01:57, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
Comment - I remember Rex from a long time ago. He's always been a helpful, friendly clanmate. However, I'm a little dubious at the reasoning that you will have a lot of time because you just graduated (congratulations on graduating!). This is a time when you're moving to the next stage in your life. Commitments can come and go very quickly. I'm a little wary that you're willing to commit to being around much more this soon after graduation. I'd say you should wait a bit until you get everything lined up and settle into a new routine, and then see if you really have the time for this. (This is as personal advice, not as a support or oppose to the request at hand.) --LiquidTalk 22:35, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
Not yet - per everyone else. I don't feel that I've seen enough of you yet to judge whether you'd be a good clan admin or not, though what I have seen so far is positive. I'd also like to point out that you don't have to have this rank to help out with the raffle. If you're interested in becoming a raffle helper you could contact Gaz to see if we need anymore right now.18:30, June 15, 2016 (UTC)