RuneScape:Clan Chat/Requests for CC Rank/Isobel
IsobelJ (RSN: Isobel)
Rank requested: Administrator
I have been a part of the clan for around 6 months now. I am sure most people have seen me around the clan, as I am currently very active in playing RuneScape. Though I don’t anticipate being able to play as much in the future, I expect I will still be online frequently, particularly during evenings and weekends (my time zone is BST). I have also been an active editor of the wiki for over 2 years.
I am requesting the clan admin rank as I want to be able to help out more within the clan. I think that I would be able to effectively help with enforcing our rules and moderating the chat, to ensure that conversation remains enjoyable for all clan members. I would also like to be able to take out the avatar so that clanmates can access its bonuses to help with their training. I believe that I would be able to work with other avatar wardens to maintain good coverage of avatar bonuses.
I, Isobel, accept this nomination for a rank in the Clan Chat RSW. I have read the clan chat rules and the rank guide pertaining to my desired rank. I understand that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I am aware that this is a serious transgression. If the community finds that I have done so, I understand that my rank will be revoked, and that in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed,08:40, May 29, 2015 (UTC).
Well this has my full support. In the short time Isobel has been here, I can confirm that she has taken part and integrated fully in the clan. A friendly and fun person in the clan. I see no reason at this point not to give her this rank. Exeter Fun 08:57, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Highly Support - Support Support Support Support Support Support Support. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Xv Astra vX 10:06, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Questions to nominee:
- How often do you see a situation in the Clan Chat that needs moderating and/or enforcing the rules? Have you ever witnessed a situation like that when there was no administrator online?
- Do you take part in Wiki's events? How often?
- What is your view on the current avatar coverage during different times of the day? Do you think there's a timezone which is particularly under-represented/over-represented?
- What do you think about the rank structure of the RSW Clan Chat?
- Luckily situations like this don’t happen all that often, however I do recall seeing some occasions where it may have been helpful for an admin to step in. For example a couple of weeks back there was a conversation about drugs that was getting a little out of hand - someone even said in the chat that they didn’t feel comfortable with the topic. Currently if I see something like this I either try and change the topic (like I said on that occasion) or just ignore it. Being an admin would give me the authority to request people stop what they are doing at time like this, and remove someone from the chat in the unlikely event that there was a situation that warranted that.
- If you mean the events organised by the Event’s Team then no - I don’t take part in them. Firstly they’re usually on Sunday for me and I very rarely have chance to get online then. Apart from that I don’t really tend to enjoy bossing/minigames. I’m generally quite solitary when I’m playing RuneScape, though I do like to talk in the chat and do things to help out other people in the clan, like giving assists.
- The main time I see a lack of avatars is around midday and the afternoon of my timezone, though there’s also times in the evenings when we don’t have an avatar out. While avatar coverage is better in the evening, I think that having another warden here would help (as I said before, this is when I would most often be able to be online).
- I’m not really sure what you mean by this one - I guess I would say the rank structure is fine. I do think it would be good to get more clan members involved in the decisions that are made here on the wiki about the clan; as not all clan members edit the wiki regularly some people do not know when these discussions are happening/ how to comment on discussions.
- 14:14, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
I guess I'll have to clarify the last question because the answer is not on topic at all.
- What do you think about the way available clan ranks are used in RSW?
- I see what you mean now, but I don't really have any interesting opinions on this - I think that the way that we use the ranks is good. I liked the idea discussed a while back about creating a “sin bin” rank, as I thought that it would be a good intermediate measure to deal with rule breaking, but that wasn't feasible because of limitations in the clan system. 18:01, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Support - MolMan 23:03, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
SUPPORT - Excuse you, Mol 13:30, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Support - :D15:09, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Like I said before, currently in these kind of situations I would try and diffusion the tension by changing the topic of conversation (if I feel it will help). I would continue to do this if I were a clan admin, also using the powers coming with the role to give more formal warnings/kicks if necessary. 20:56, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Support - I have my reasons. fetus is my son and I love him. 22:53, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Support - Per Elune22:59, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Weak Oppose - You spent a lot of time and energy banging on about how everything should be changed back in December and how bad the admins were, yet I haven't seen you show any examples of how you are better. Oil4 Talk 16:06, June 3, 2015 (UTC)
Support - yes pls.22:19, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Support - --16:44, June 10, 2015 (UTC)