RuneScape:Clan Chat/Requests for CC Rank/5-x (4)
5-x (RSN: 5-x)
Rank requested: Organiser
Hello, this is 5-x speaking. I've been a wiki user for over 5 years, a member of our clan for two years now, and over half of this time I've been a clan admin. You can find me in the clan chat every day - most of you know me pretty well. I'm in the central Europe timezone.
I'm requesting the organiser rank, which adds a few additional tools related mostly to the clan citadel. We have just a few active clan users with access to these permissions, including only one admin. I believe that with this rank I will be able to assist our community in more ways and serve as a backup, should a need for citadel maintenance and editing arise. Thank you for considering me.
I, 5-x, accept this nomination for a rank in the Clan Chat RSW. I have read the clan chat rules and the rank guide pertaining to my desired rank. I understand that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I am aware that this is a serious transgression. If the community finds that I have done so, I understand that my rank will be revoked, and that in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, 5-x Talk 12:08, October 21, 2015 (UTC)
Meh - I don't think its necessary. There's no reason to edit the citadel anyway - we've been completed for years, and it is unlikely to be updated any time soon, given the statements about clans on livestreams and such. The only other benefit is creating and editing admins, and I don't think we have any issue with that at the moment.14:39, October 21, 2015 (UTC)
Oppose - Per Gaz17:42, October 21, 2015 (UTC)
Comment/question - Since we don't have requests for organiser very regularly perhaps it would be helpful to point out what tools come with the rank. As per RS:CC/P an organiser can:
- Change clan admin broadcast settings.
- Mark buildings to be built, upgraded or downgraded.
- Remove the clan avatar habitat.
- Change clan avatar buffs.
- Change clan avatars' appearance.
- Lock skill plots.
- Set objectives for resource gathering.
- Move citadel's build tick.
- Restrict lower ranks (including admins) from entering the citadel/keep.
- Change the rank/job/permissions of lower ranks.
For 5-x: in what ways would you use these permissions to assist the clan?08:46, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- As to the page you've referenced, I believe it contains some minor mistakes, as (for example) all admins can already change avatars' appearance. Anyhow, some of the permissions that have been mentioned aren't currently used mostly because our clan citadel is maxed. As to actively utilising these options, I could make use of the resource objectives system to direct some cappers to resources that need doing the most for upkeep, and I could assist with locking citadel plots when necessary (for example the stone plot which we lock every week). I could even change between night and day in the citadel for some weeks, following clan users' feedback. These are tiny things, but I'm very active in the clan and see no reason not to take care of it. There are more possibilities, it's just a matter of looking into using this stuff. 5-x Talk 15:11, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
Support - So I had a look at who actually has Organiser rank, and as far as I can tell, it's just Ryan M, and ranks higher than Organiser which is essentially just Gaz. I think there would be a benefit of having another Organiser in the CC, especially because 5-x is very active and it increases the chance of there being at least 1 organiser around when we actually need them.14:11, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
Neutral/slight support - Per Gaz and TyA. I do also agree with Wingcap's points, though.
15:19, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
Oppose - Most of the permissions of the organiser rank are to do with editing the citadel but, as Gaz said, our citadel is fully upgraded and there is little work involved in maintaining it these days. Although there are only a few active clan members who have these permissions, I cannot recall a time where we were lacking someone to perform a task that required one of the tools - so I do not think that we need another back up person. Neither your original request or your response to my question about how you would use the tools have convinced me that there is a way in which the permissions associated with organiser rank can be used to benefit the clan further to how they are used now. The locking of the stone plot is under control already and that's probably something that’s easier to coordinate with fewer people trying to do it in any case. We meet upkeep easily each week without having to use the objectives system - having more or less free choice of what skill plot to use is a nice perk for clan members now that the citadel is maxed. Day/night is purely cosmetic and I don’t think anyone has expressed interest in having night on except you.
Apart from a lack of need for the tools, I'm concerned about how you've previously used permissions associated with your clan admin rank. Previously people have taken issue with how you've used the clan avatar, believing that the way in which you were using in was not to the benefit of the clan. Maybe that is in the past now, but I had hoped to see you learn from your mistakes and make better use of this feature since you regained your rank. However you seem to have avoided using the avatar since then and this means that I can't be sure that your attitude towards/ability to use this clan feature has improved, giving me reservations about entrusting you with the responsibility and additional tools relating to clan features that would come with organiser rank.09:04, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
Neutral - I don't think we necessarily need another organiser, but I don't see how it could hurt. --11:50, October 27, 2015 (UTC)