RuneScape:Article of the Month/While Guthix Sleeps
This quest has changed Runescape forever. Not only does it have story changing outcomes, but it is also referred to as the "Grand Master Quest" by Jagex themselves. This quest is the most difficult quest, as well as the most honored quest. This one quest alone takes up a lot of space. The page is well detailed and gives a lot of insight on the quest, as well as the storyline.
- Support: 13
- Oppose: 4
- Neutral: 0
Support as nominator.
Neutral - This article is no use to free players but it is a very well-written article. 06:25, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Why would it's useful to free players matter any? Featured articles are supposed to be featured because of their quality, not because everyone and their dog will use them on a regular basis. --
14:30, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Good point. I change to support.
Support - A very well written article. 19:00, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - It is simply a huge page of directions that you have to follow, not a well-written article. There are many grammatical errors and it is a bit messy. Perhaps the storyline is a major part of RuneScape history, but an article like Stone of Jas would be better suited if you were looking for information. 14:50, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Oppose This is a huge and difficult quest that no one's gonna ever do, why bother showing it? I read it once or twice just because I liked to see what goes on, but there's nothing useful to most players. Zezzima 22:49, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment Quite a ridiculous reason for opposing. Runescape should not be catered so that everyone can do every quest straight away, thank god this one actually requires work on behalf of the player, as some players enjoy being able to use the skills they have trained. It's one of the 5 quests I've yet to do, and I'll certainly do it within time, and I imagine a lot of other high-skilled players will/have already done it too. As for being nothing useful, not heard of Dragon Claws and Dragon Plate, these were hugely anticipated items, and are sought after by many, many Runescape players Khalron 19:47, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Support-It's very well written, important to runescape, and good considering how few people have done it =]
Oppose Although a long and admirable quest, there is very little to learn from it which can be used for the furthuring of other abilities or skills. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Robinabo (talk) on 00:10, 6 April 2009.
Oppose Although this article was well written, very few people are even close enough to doing this quest to even think about it... as you must have met the requirements for almost every quest in the game. MeStarfinder 00:12, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Even to that, a featured article is nominated due to it being well written, not because people can do it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Muzzy34 (talk) on 00:16, 6 April 2009.
- I agree. To restate my above comment: ARTICLES ARE TO BE FEATURED FOR THEIR QUALITY, NOT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS GOING TO USE IT, OR ARE REMOTELY CLOSE TO BEING ABLE TO DO/USE/SEE THE QUEST/ITEM/NPC! People seem to need to remember that... With this mindset, next month's FA will be a Bronze Dagger. >_> -- 14:38, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Support - It's a well written article. --14:38, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be sure to give a support when you nominate a bronze dagger. ;) Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 14:54, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Heh, I meant that with this "it's gotta be something common to be featured" mindset that alot of people have employed at this AoTM proposal, we'll probably see something insanely common being nominated (and passed) regardless of quality next month. We can hope not, right? -- 15:06, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Support - A very admirable quest and well written. And comment to User:Zezzima I am going to do it tommorow. So saying no ones going to do it is a giant exaggeration. 19:37, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Support - A Very detailed article about the Quest. Very informative also.05:16, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
Support Amazing quest with an equally amazing article. The gallery of the cutscene is particularly epic.11:02, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
Support An epic adventure that anyone would like to attempt over and over again as well as an amazing storyline and plot. Babyvegeta93 23:00, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Support It was the first Grand Master Quest. As well as a well written article that's still being updated every once in a while16:28, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Support It's an article I have read a few times. I have no reason to object to being the AoTM.11:21, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Comment Woot 13 supporters...21:03, 28 April 2009 (UTC)