RuneScape:Article of the Month/Tutorial Island/First nomination
- Support: 4
- Oppose: 1
- Neutral: 0
The article is well written, has been fully updated to Runescape High Detail, is full detailed. I think it truly deserves to be Article of the Month.
- Support - As nominator-- . 17:22, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Comment - Shouldn't someone remove the Construction tag first? Sir Revan125 17:24, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - A look into the history of Runescape for some of the newest players, and a fond look back at their humble beginnings for others - it could be an interesting read for many visiting the wiki. If it doesn't make it this month, I'd like to see it perhaps some time next year, maybe to mark a year since Tutorial Island was abandoned, or who knows, it could be given a new use by then, as it still exists on the world map. Also, a well-written and constructed article, with hi-detail pictures placed at good intervals throughout. Edit - forgot to sign Khalron 18:01, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support & Comment - I think this article needs to be AotM simply because new players could easily find a Tutorial to the Tutorial Island(I definetly needed one when i did Tutorial Island =]).
- Comment - Hapi I would please not nominate articles redone by you next month thank you. Santairo talk 14:03, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Nicely done clean and crisp it is ok i guess. Good Job!
Lord kdbk Proud Owner of all Medium, or Higher Achievement Awards! 01:12, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Comment "fully updated to Runescape High Detail" is not actually the case some of the images are not in RuneScape HD. Additionally I do not believe that an article being full of HD pictures warrants AotM. One last note, HD Tutorial Island was only available for 14 days to new players and the HD version was only available to members during that time, even now the reintroduction of Tutorial Island is only temporary, therefore by far and away the vast majority of players that experienced Tutorial Island did so without HD imagery and as such giving the article an HD makeover just lends to an air of artificiality in contrast to the actual experience players had. ~
kytti khat 13:41, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- One more comment, many of the 'HD' images in spite of being in PNG format, show GIF compression artefacts as if abstracted from an animated GIF. ~
kytti khat 17:51, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose - I'd prefer to see this possibly featured later, however to have it done now simply doesn't feel right to me. After the island has been permanently replaced, then perhaps those who have gone through the current one will be able to look back and reminisce on it, however the article is simply empty for me with all these HD images and doesn't seem to catch the original essence of the island in the old days.-- 02:44, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
- Comment - The article is well-written and has good images, etc., but as Learning the Ropes comes back, the island will be a discontinued area, and the article will be only lembrances. --Rafael0bo 22:01, 18 October 2008 (UTC)