The RuneScape Wiki is the official wiki based entirely on the MMORPG game RuneScape and its many features. There are currently 69,854 articles and 151,005 files on the RuneScape Wiki, with 9,012,626 edits made to 724,865 pages in total. The wiki currently has 513 active users and 37 administrators.
Started on 8 April 2005 by Merovingian, the RuneScape Wiki's goal is to remain a vast, knowledgeable source for all things in RuneScape. As the site is a wiki, anybody can edit it, and all are encouraged to do so.
The RuneScape Wiki aims to be a competitor to all major RuneScape fansites. Guides to new quests or holiday events, for example, can be made in under an hour, far ahead of other fansites. With more contributors, this goal can be easily achieved.
How you can help
If you see anything that needs changing - change it! If you notice improper grammar, spelling errors, punctuation mistakes, inaccuracies, incompleteness or anything else that needs doing, hit the Edit button at the top of the page and correct it yourself. Feel free to also come and contribute to the various active discussions we have. The more opinions from the community we get, the better.
We also have One Small Wiki Favour, an initiative in which you can earn bonds for helping out with various tasks around the wiki. These tasks change every few weeks, so if something doesn't take your fancy right now, it could do in the future!
Other activities you can help out with include:
- Checking recent changes for vandalism
- Creating wanted pages
- Creating redirects for commonly searched terms
- Ensuring that no pages are orphaned
- Making sure that all pages have categories
Other projects that need your help can be found at RuneScape:Maintenance along with common maintenance tasks.
It's a good idea for users to register an account. This way, your IP address is hidden from public view, all your edits can be attributed to one account, and you can customise your userpage to your heart's content.
- 2 June - The wikis are moved to new technical infrastructure, making web serving 2-2.5x faster!
- 29 April - The wiki was upgraded to MediaWiki 1.39.
- 21 August - The RuneScape Wikis 2022 Family Photo was published. Check it out here!
- 1 April - Joysphere goes live.
- 3 January - The RuneScape Wikis Year in Review has been posted!
- 24 November - The wiki's 60,000th article, Frosty Cerberus off-hand claws, is created
- 20 November - The sysadmins completed the migration to MediaWiki 1.36 to keep the wikis running on a stable architecture.
- 15 October - A small group of admins met in Philadelphia to improve the wikis' technical infrastructure including; updating PHP scripts, migrating databases, and fixing CSS in preparation for the upcoming MediaWiki upgrade.
- 2 October - The third anniversary of the launch of the official RuneScape Wikis!
- 3 June - Upgrades made to our map extension and templates to create advanced (dungeon style) maps to replace many on the image based maps currently on the wiki.
- 24 May - In collaboration with the Vis Wax FC Discord, the RuneScape Wiki now predicts optimum rune combinations for the Rune Goldberg Machine.
- 12 April - The RuneScape Wikis 2021 Family Photo, and Merch Family Photo, are done. Check them out here!
- 21 November - The RuneScape and Old School RuneScape Wikis win the Community Champion award at the Golden Gnome Awards
- 9 November - A wiki button is added to the in-game chatbox
- 8 August - The Events Team holds Wikifest 2020
- 27 March - The wiki's 50,000th article, Quintessence, is created
- 18 March - New news gadget and page to collect official RuneScape news from various sources (Twitter, Reddit, RuneScape.com, etc.)
- 12 December - New Dropdown Gadget - Events Gadget
- 10 October - Infobox Hit Calculator released - Hit calculator gadget
- 5 October - The wiki presents a panel at RuneFest 2019
- 16 September - New perks calculator created
- 20 May -
/wikicommand is added to the game
- 17 March - OSWF (One Small Wiki Favour) is launched on the wikis
- 31 October - Dark mode is released
- 2 October - RuneScape Wiki leaves Wikia and moves to an independent website in partnership with Jagex
- 10 December - The wiki's 40,000th article, Brutal Stuffsies, is created
- 23 July – A bot makes the 20 millionth edit while updating Grand Exchange prices
- 10 June – The Events Team holds Wikifest 2017
- 12 February – The wiki is accepted into Discord's partner program. Hoopty woopty dee, partner perks for me!
- 7 December – Jagex acknowledges editors with an in-game title
- 30 August – The wiki approves a dark mode (to be implemented at a later date)
- 16 May – Users are asked to come up with forum titles that are not f---ing boring!
- 5 April – The transcript namespace is established
- 18 December – The wiki's 30,000th article is created
- 8 April – The wiki celebrates its 10th anniversary and is recognised by Jagex and Wikia
- 7 January – The wiki is added to the list of Official Jagex Approved Fansites (and receives the gold stamp above)
- 3 October – The wiki changes its theme, logo, and main page
- 19 April – The Featured Articles system is discontinued
- 22 December – Wikia launches a Game Guide app for the RuneScape Wiki
- 11 July – The User of the Month system is discontinued
- 24 February – The Old School RuneScape Wiki is created in this thread, and affiliation is approved in this thread
- 3 April – The wiki's Clan Citadel reaches tier 7
- 18 January – The wiki changes its logo for 24 hours in protest of SOPA
- 8 October – The wiki holds the 2011 Autumn Wikifest
- 12 July – The wiki's 18,000th article, Mutated jadinko male, is created
- 5 June – The wiki holds the 2010 Summer Wikifest
- 22 May – The wiki's 15,000th article, Dragon ore, is created
- 20 April – The wiki receives silver status on Jagex's former list of recognised fansites
- 31 March – The wiki reaches 100 million total pageviews
- 20 March – The wiki holds the 2010 Spring Wikifest
- 14 November – The wiki holds the 2009 Autumn Wikifest
- 1 August – The wiki holds the 2009 Summer Wikifest
- 18 April – The wiki holds the 2009 Spring Wikifest
- 21 March – The wiki's 11,000th article, Young 'un, is created
- 17 January – The wiki holds the 2008 Winter Wikifest (even though it's 2009)
- 7 June – The wiki holds the 2008 Summer Wikifest
- 28 March – The wiki's 10,000th article, To-do list, is created
- 3 February – The wiki's 9,000th article, Fish stall, is created
- 14 December – The wiki's 7,000th article is created
- 22 September – The wiki holds the 2007 Autumn Wikifest
- 18 July – The wiki's 5,000th article, G.L.O. Caranock, is created
- 24 June – The wiki holds its first Wikifest
- 6 May – The wiki's 4,000th article, Gilded throne, is created
- November – The wiki's 2,000th article is created
- August – The wiki's 1,000th article is created
- 8 April – The RuneScape Wiki is founded