The RuneScape Wiki is the official wiki based entirely on the MMORPG game RuneScape and its many features. There are currently 48,650 articles and 105,441 files on the RuneScape Wiki, with 20,280,237 edits made to 560,530 pages in total. The wiki currently has 756 active users and 43 administrators.
Started on 8 April 2005 by Merovingian, the RuneScape Wiki's goal is to remain a vast, knowledgeable source for all things in RuneScape. As the site is a wiki, anybody can edit it, and all are encouraged to do so.
The RuneScape Wiki aims to be a competitor to all major RuneScape fansites. Guides to new quests or holiday events, for example, can be made in under an hour, far ahead of other fansites. With more contributors, this goal can be easily achieved.
- 31 October - Dark mode is released
- 2 October - RuneScape Wiki leaves Wikia and moves to an independent website in partnership with Jagex
- 10 December - The wiki's 40,000th article, Brutal Stuffsies, is created
- 23 July – A bot makes the 20 millionth edit while updating Grand Exchange prices
- 10 June – The Events Team holds Wikifest 2017
- 12 February – The wiki is accepted into Discord's partner program. Hoopty woopty dee, partner perks for me!
- 7 December – Jagex acknowledges editors with an in-game title
- 30 August – The wiki approves a dark mode (to be implemented at a later date)
- 16 May – Users are asked to come up with forum titles that are not f---ing boring!
- 5 April – The transcript namespace is established
- 18 December – The wiki's 30,000th article is created
- 8 April – The wiki celebrates its 10th anniversary and is recognised by Jagex and Wikia
- 7 January – The wiki is added to the list of Official Jagex Approved Fansites (and receives the gold stamp above)
- 3 October – The wiki changes its theme, logo, and main page
- 19 April – The Featured Articles system is discontinued
- 22 December – Wikia launches a Game Guide app for the RuneScape Wiki
- 11 July – The User of the Month system is discontinued
- 24 February – The Old School RuneScape Wiki is created in this thread, and affiliation is approved in this thread
- 3 April – The wiki's Clan Citadel reaches tier 7
- 18 January – The wiki changes its logo for 24 hours in protest of SOPA
- 8 October – The wiki holds the 2011 Autumn Wikifest
- 12 July – The wiki's 18,000th article, Mutated jadinko male, is created
- 5 June – The wiki holds the 2010 Summer Wikifest
- 22 May – The wiki's 15,000th article, Dragon ore, is created
- 20 April – The wiki receives silver status on Jagex's former list of recognised fansites
- 31 March – The wiki reaches 100 million total pageviews
- 20 March – The wiki holds the 2010 Spring Wikifest
- 14 November – The wiki holds the 2009 Autumn Wikifest
- 1 August – The wiki holds the 2009 Summer Wikifest
- 18 April – The wiki holds the 2009 Spring Wikifest
- 21 March – The wiki's 11,000th article, Young 'un, is created
- 17 January – The wiki holds the 2008 Winter Wikifest (even though it's 2009)
- 7 June – The wiki holds the 2008 Summer Wikifest
- 28 March – The wiki's 10,000th article, To-do list, is created
- 3 February – The wiki's 9,000th article, Fish stall, is created
- 14 December – The wiki's 7,000th article is created
- 22 September – The wiki holds the 2007 Autumn Wikifest
- 18 July – The wiki's 5,000th article, G.L.O. Caranock, is created
- 24 June – The wiki holds its first Wikifest
- 6 May – The wiki's 4,000th article, Gilded throne, is created
- November – The wiki's 2,000th article is created
- August – The wiki's 1,000th article is created
- 8 April – The RuneScape Wiki is founded
How you can help
If you see anything that needs changing - change it! If you notice improper grammar, spelling errors, punctuation mistakes, inaccuracies, incompleteness or anything else that needs doing, hit the Edit button at the top of the page and correct it yourself.
Contribute to the various active discussions we have. The more opinions from the community we get, the better.
You can also help by doing some onerous cleaning duties - checking recent changes for vandalism, creating wanted pages, ensuring that no pages are orphans, making sure that all pages have categories, and generally reorganising information as required.
It is a good idea for users to register an account. This way, your IP address is hidden from public view, and all your edits can be attributed to one account.