Administrators, or sysops, are editors who have gained access to the administrator usergroup following a successful request for adminship. Access to this usergroup allows administrators to use associated tools such as the ability to block and unblock users and IP addresses from editing; protect and unprotect pages to restrict editing; delete and restore pages and images, and their history; hide specific revisions of any page or log item; assign and remove the rollback and custodian user rights; and to edit CSS and JS. A full list of of rights associated with the usergroup can be found at Special:ListGroupRights. Administrators also take responsibility for determining consensus in discussions and are automatically eligible to receive the administrator role to act as a moderator in clan and Discord server and to receive the Wiki Admin flair on the RuneScape Reddit.
Help from administrators
Sometimes in the course of editing content on a wiki you need access to the tools that are restricted to users who have the administrator user right: there is a central page that is monitored by the administrators where you can request assistance at RuneScape:Administrative requests. Alternatively:
- To request a page be deleted, see the instructions at RuneScape:Criteria for speedy deletion.
- To request a file (or page) be renamed, see the instructions at RuneScape:Criteria for speedy move.
- To request a vandal be blocked, report them at RuneScape:Counter-Vandalism Unit.
List of administrators
|Username||Talk page||Contributions||Log actions|
|Calebchiam (RfA)||Talk||Contributions||Log actions|
|Cqm (RfA)||Talk||Contributions||Log actions|
|Gaz Lloyd (RfA)||Talk||Contributions||Log actions|
- Shadowdancer had his rights removed in August 2006 due to conduct detrimental to the wiki.
- Dreadnought had his rights removed in October 2007 by consensus.
- Puremexican had his rights removed in February 2009 by consensus.
- Stinkowing had his rights removed in March 2009 by request and consensus.
- Bonziiznob had his rights removed in March 2010 by request.
- All forum admins had their rights removed when the forums were removed.
- AndorinKato had his rights removed in June 2013 by request.
- AnselaJonla had her rights removed in June 2013 by consensus.
- Dtm142 had his rights removed in December 2015 by consensus.
- TyA had his rights removed in August 2019 by request.
Administrators and bureaucrats who have been inactive for one year will have their rights removed, as decided in August 2015. However, they may request them back any time at a later date.
- 9the Enigma9
- A proofreader
- Avian Maid
- C Teng
- Chaos Monk
- Cool Spy0
- Evil yanks
- Kytti khat
- Morian Smith
- Psycho Robot
- Robert Horning
- Sir Revan125
- Soldier 1033
- Suppa chuppa
- The evil dude