RuneMetrics is an in-game and website based analytics tool that was released on 22 February 2016. It was announced it will be replacing the Adventurer's Log in the near future. This eventually happened on 11 May 2016 for the English website version. All players are able to access an experience tracker and drop log, as well as basic website functions, in addition to the old XP tracker.
There is also the option to subscribe to RuneMetrics Pro to gain full access to the tool's features. The subscription service has the ability to make calculations about a player's gameplay, as well as simply counting their experience and drop gains. RuneMetrics Pro is purchasable for £3.59 or 1 bond per month. Players who have bought premier membership are able to buy access for £1.79 per month or 1 bond per 2 months. Free-to-play players are also able to purchase RuneMetrics Pro. If a player's RuneMetrics Pro subscription runs out then their data is recorded for a further 2 weeks, after which no new data is saved. If the player does not subscribe within 3 months their data is no longer kept.
Features[edit | edit source]
Free[edit | edit source]
- Autopopulate the Metrics interface's skill experience tracker which tracks total experience, combat experience, and skill experience in all 28 skills.
- Drop logger which can be toggled to show all items dropped or items that are picked up by the player. It counts drops that are processed by drop cleaners (e.g. a charming imp).
Pro[edit | edit source]
In addition to free features:
- Skill experience tracker displays XP/hour based on previous 5 minute window of experience gained.
- Skill experience tracker displays ETA for time to level. This works for player-set targets, including virtual level targets, or default to the next level if a target is not set.
- Combat experience tracker showing total damage, damage per minute, accuracy and XP/hour. This does not reset when changing monsters.
- Wealth tracking and GP gain/loss per hour calculation based on previous 5 minute window. This includes wealth gained/lost from completing clue scrolls and from Grand Exchange transactions, but it is not possible to view information about these sources individually.
- "Send to graph" option on right-click in Metrics tracker. This displays a graph of experience gains over time; the time interval that the graph uses can be adjusted by scrolling in and out.
- Links to view historical data on website. This data is not public.
RuneMetrics Interface[edit | edit source]
Welcome tab[edit | edit source]
The Welcome tab features a link to RuneMetrics web page and an overview of RuneMetrics Pro status. There is also a link to a web page to purchase RuneMetrics and a button to open Manage Bonds interface.
Metrics tab[edit | edit source]
In this tab you can customise and pull out the Metrics window into your interface. Right click column or row headings to access more customisations. The Metrics window layout can be reset to the default layout without causing a reset to your data.
The following toggles in this tab customises the Metrics window:
- Show precise values decides whether full or abbreviated (to the closest thousandth or millionth) values for experience gains, combat and wealth statistics are shown.
- Show XP change value toggles whether or not experience change values appear momentarily next to the skill rows upon gaining experience.
- Show health warning shows a red tint around the screen when your character has less than 20% health remaining.
- Only update XP/h on XP gain displays more stable values for XP/h by only updating XP/h on XP gaining events. [Pro]
- Display toolbar displays the toolbar in the pulled out Metrics window.
- Lightweight mode turns the Metrics window transparent. Lightweight windows cannot be tabbed together.
There are also selectable settings for the following:
- Choosing data interval for experience tracking (since reset, current session (resetting if the player has been logged out for two hours or more [Pro]) and stopwatch [Pro]).
- Removing rows after period of inactivity (never, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes, 7 minutes, 8 minutes, 9 minutes or 10 minutes).
- Maximum skill rows displayed in the Metrics window (1-28 or maximum (29)).
It also displays the subscription time remaining for players who have purchased RuneMetrics Pro.
Graphs tab[edit | edit source]
The following toggles affecting the customisable Graphs interface can be found in this tab:
- Show average field
- Show average line over the graph
- Show min/max values
- Show guide lines
- Vary graph colour by skill
- Display toolbar
There is also a link to the XP gained part of the web version of RuneMetrics.
Drops tab[edit | edit source]
In this tab you can toggle the showing of stack value and select the drop log mode for the customisable Drops interface (drop or loot). Drops quantity do not exceed 2,147,483,647; any drops over this amount is cleared. Currently not all items are logged despite being dropped. A maximum of 100 drop entries can be recorded on the drops tab before it begins overwriting them.
There is also a link to the PVM kills part of the web version of RuneMetrics.
The stack value pop-up messages appear when loot is dropped on the ground and are colour-coded as follows:
|White||less than 1k|
|Green||1k - 1M|
|Blue||1M - 100M|
|Purple||100M - 1B|
|Orange||more than 1B|
Adventurer's Log[edit | edit source]
The Adventurer's Log was a members-only feature of the RuneScape website. It contained many functions that a player might find useful, including recent activity, quests recently completed, skills recently trained, and notable drops recently obtained.
The Adventurer's Log was previously accessed through the Community tab of the RuneScape main page and the HiScores section. Any member player's log could be accessed by typing in the player's name if their privacy setting was set to 'Public'; if set to 'Friends Only', then the friend had to log in. If set to 'Private', the player had to be logged in to access their own log.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 July 2020 (Update):
- Runemetrics no longer displays the 'Underground Pass' quest as completed when it was neither started nor in-progress.
- patch 18 March 2020 (Update):
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where drop stack values were not showing up near the loot they are representing.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Rat Pits are no longer mentioned on RuneMetrics after completing Rat Catchers quest.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- Jogre bones will now display correctly in the drop log whilst the bone crusher is active.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- Fixed a RuneMetrics typo after a player completes the Desperate times quest.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Improved the interactions with loot drops from monsters
- The stack value pop-up when a monster drops an item will now show a list (max. 8) of objects that dropped on mobile.
- On PC the stack value remains and is now colour coded.
- The stack value pop-up is uses a more easily legible font.
- Improved the drop log font so it is more legible on a mobile device.
- The RuneMetrics Drop Log has a button to open the AoE looting interface.
- Improved the interactions with loot drops from monsters
14 January 2019 (
- Login message advertising the free use of RuneMetrics Pro for members is added:
- patch 12 November 2018 (Update):
- RuneMetrics no longer takes you away from the App to a website when attempting to upgrade, the only way to upgrade is to purchase with Bonds.
- patch 17 September 2018 (Update):
- ninja 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Beneath Cursed Tides, Gower Quest and Let Them Eat Pie are now listed as F2P in RuneMetrics on the RuneScape website.
- patch 12 February 2018 (Update):
- Items dismantled by a Spring Cleaner are now added to the RuneMetrics drop log.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- The players who were previously unable to take advantage of the 2-for-1 RuneMetrics Premier Club offer can now do so.
- An option to reset all metrics rows when the data interval is set to 'since reset' has now been added.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The RuneMetrics interface is now visible during Kegger, Racing, Table dancing and Zapper minigames at the NovtumberFest event.
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- The Runemetrics loot log now records items that are auto-collected or auto-converted.
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):
- The Runemetrics telemetry display is no longer displayed by default when quick-loading a predefined interface layout.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Picking up noted and unnoted items will no longer add a duplicate entry for the same item in RuneMetrics loot window.
- patch 24 October 2016 (Update):
- Runemetrics rows no longer get muddled, showing XP added to the wrong skill.
- patch 18 July 2016 (Update):
- XP gained has been added beside the RuneMetrics tracker to replicate previous functionality. Please note, if the tracked skill is "Lots!", the tracking mode must be set to "this session" for these to appear. This setting can also be toggled.
- patch 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Players without RuneMetrics Pro may now benefit from the "Low health warning" feature and the "Stack value" feature.
- Added a new ultra-light interface mode for RuneMetrics.
- ninja 16 May 2016 (Update):
- RuneMetrics for Ironman characters now uses High Alchemy values when determining stack values for monster drops.
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- Players can now hover over their RuneMetrics skills to see more information about their skill, such as their current XP and remaining XP to goal.
- Players benefiting from RuneMetrics Pro will now correctly see Living Rock creatures on their kills and drops tracker on the website.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- patch 4 April 2016 (Update):
- Players can now open the RuneMetrics settings interface while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with the RuneMetrics Stopwatch showing negative values incorrectly.
- RuneMetrics will now display Araxxor kills... even if you don't manage to defeat a more terrifying foe afterwards.
- RuneMetrics now correctly displays Nex kills.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Corrected an issue with the RuneMetrics health overlay that was stopping some players from using the fixed device.
- The RuneMetrics health warning overlay will now display under certain other effects, such as the Spirit Realm.
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- It is now possible to toggle the colour of the RuneMetrics in-game graphs to use either the default colour scheme, or the colour scheme used by the website.
- Hovering over a bar on a RuneMetrics graph now affects the transparency of the bar, rather than switching the colour of the bar.
- The "Quantity" column title is now abbreviated when required on the RuneMetrics drop log interface.
- Queen Black Dragon kills now appear in the RuneMetrics kill logs on the website.
- Corrected a typo on one of the RuneMetrics interface tooltips.