Rug merchants are employees of Ali Morrisane who operate Magic carpets for his flying carpet fleet. There is usually a monkey around these men.
Rug Merchants can be found at Shantay's Pass, Uzer, the Bedabin Camp, Pollnivneach (north and south), Nardah, Sophanem, and Menaphos. South Pollnivneach and Shantay's Pass are used as hubs.
There is also a rug merchant at the Monkey colony, although this one is a monkey, whose assistant is human.
The price of using the rugs can be halved from 200 to 100 coins with a Ring of Charos(a). The price will naturally be halved and can be reduced to a further 75 coins if one takes part in the Rogue Trader activity.
Alongside the Desert Tasks update, Rug Merchants now offer the option to 'Fast-Travel' for 1000 coins instead of their usual price (500 coins after completing the Rogue Trader activity). This will skip the travel animation and get you to your destination in just a few seconds instead of the traditional, more scenic route.
After having completed the easy Desert Tasks, once per day the rug merchant can be asked for a bag of lost items.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 18 June 2018 (Update):
- A right click option for lost & found has been added to rug merchants.
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- The rug merchant near Sophanem has been moved closer to the entrance.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- The rug merchant near Uzer is no longer rocking back and forth.
- patch 19 April 2011 (Update):
- The Pollnivneach rug merchant's legs no longer clip through his rug.
- The examine info "A man who deals in rugs." is a pun on drug dealers as 'rug dealer' and 'drug dealer' sound similar.