Rug merchants are employees of Ali Morrisane who operate Magic carpets for his flying carpet fleet. There is usually a monkey around these men.
Rug Merchants can be found at Shantay's Pass, Uzer, the Bedabin Camp, Pollnivneach (north and south), Nardah, Sophanem, and Menaphos. South Pollnivneach and Shantay's Pass are used as hubs.
There is also a rug merchant at the Monkey colony, although this one is a monkey, whose assistant is human.
Carpets can be used to travel to any unlocked destination for a fee of 1,000 coins. This price is reduced to 500 coins by wearing an activated ring of charos or completing the Ali the Trader achievement, or to 375 coins with both.
After having completed the easy Desert Tasks, once per day the rug merchant can be asked for a bag of lost items.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 18 June 2018 (Update):
- A right click option for lost & found has been added to rug merchants.
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- The rug merchant near Sophanem has been moved closer to the entrance.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- The rug merchant near Uzer is no longer rocking back and forth.
- patch 19 April 2011 (Update):
- The Pollnivneach rug merchant's legs no longer clip through his rug.
- The examine info "A man who deals in rugs." is a pun on drug dealers as 'rug dealer' and 'drug dealer' sound similar.
- Players previously had the option of paying extra for the current fast travel method or paying 1/5 as much for a slower travel method that took the player on a scenic trip across the landscape at about a running pace.