|Release||12 February 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? You cannot reclaim it; you will have to find more.|
|Backpack||Open event, Wear, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Collect these and work towards unlocking new and old Valentine's rewards. Talk to Lady or Evil Niya in Burthorpe for more information.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
They were obtained by doing various activities and skills throughout RuneScape; such as Treasure Hunter (between 65 and 260) and completing a daily challenge (25). When obtained through skilling and killing, small amounts ranging from 2-6 are obtained.
Rose petals can be worn in the pocket slot, thus reducing the need for an inventory space, unless another pocket item is desired. When more are obtained, they will spawn in your pocket slot if there's already an equipped stack, even if there's a second stack in your inventory. The exception to this rule are petals received from a daily challenge. The option to wear them is a right click option, as left click opens the rewards interface.
Ironman Mode players cannot claim any items that have stats using rose petals. This includes the following:
- Ardent mace
- Aegis of devotion
- Bulwark of revenge
- Cupid bow
- Heartseeker crossbow
- Rosethorn wand
- Spear of despite
- Staff of adoration
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Baby Troll names[edit | edit source]
As with Valentine hearts and Valentine love notes from previous years, rose petals can be fed to pet Baby Trolls in order to get the option to name them "Rose petals", or a random pet name, chosen from the list below. This only works if they do not already have a name. The troll will say "YUM! Me like be your Valentine!" when he eats a petal.
The available names are:
- Chunky monkey
- Big hippo
- Hot stuff
- Winky dink
- Tootsie wootsy
Only one is visible at a time, but players can click "Randomise pet name" to make the names loop through until they either get the desired pet name, or it loops back to "Cupid".
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the item was only officially released on 12 February 2015, it had originally appeared on the Grand Exchange on 2 February.
- Claiming the pendants from the previous event provides depleted pendants, void of bonus experience.
- Rose Petals cannot be brought to Entrana, even though they provide no stat bonuses when worn. This is likely because they can be exchanged for weapons regardless of the player's location.
- Rose petals had the highest exchange limit of any item, at 100,000 every 4 hours.
- They were originally intended to be removed from the game on 13 March 2015, but instead were later made untradeable on 30 March 2015.
Valentine's Day Promotion 2015