|Release date||15 December 2008 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Summer's End|
|Location(s)||* Rogues' Castle|
|Examine||A dishonest and knavish person.|
|NPC ID||8122, 8124|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
The Rogue is a non-player character that players first encounter by completing the quest Summer's End. To find him, players must enter the Spirit Realm using Jennica's ring via the portal located in the Rogues' Castle courtyard and close the prison doors there; this will open them in the "real" world, allowing the players to talk to him.
After a brief dialogue, the rogue will sneak back to Varrock, where players can use un-enchanted jewellery on him in order to sell to him.
History[edit | edit source]
The rogue was once a part of the group of rogues in Rogue's Castle. However, the other rogues discovered the gold that they had stolen was missing. This rogue argued that he did not steal it; however, the others didn't believe him and locked him in a jail cell. Fortunately for the rogue, an adventurer decided to break him out. As the cell was locked and there was no way to open the door otherwise, the adventurer discovered a portal to the Spirit Realm and closed the cell there - as everything is the opposite in these the corporeal and spiritual realms, the cell immediately opened in the corporeal world. The rogue thanked the adventurer and told them he had a business in the run-down area of Varrock and made his way there before his fellow rogues discovered he was missing.
Prices[edit | edit source]
- All items are bought at the low-alch prices. He will accept any jewellery, both in noted and unnoted form, for the same prices.
- He will not take onyx jewellery.
- Note that the Rogue can purchase items in noted form, but only up to 10,000 at a time. Any more than 10,000 will result in the Rogue saying that big numbers make his head hurt.
Gemstone Low alch GE price Rings Gold 140 1,844 Sapphire 360 2,300 Emerald 510 2,913 Ruby 810 2,634 Diamond 1,410 4,143 Dragonstone 7,050 9,240 Necklaces Gold 180 1,414 Sapphire 420 2,464 Emerald 570 3,240 Ruby 870 2,917 Diamond 1,470 3,943 Dragonstone 7,350 10,761 Bracelets Gold 220 928 Sapphire 425 2,125 Emerald 610 2,439 Ruby 930 3,210 Diamond 1,530 5,092 Dragonstone 7,650 10,167 Amulets (strung only) Gold amulet 140 1,272 Sapphire 360 2,153 Emerald 510 5,619 Ruby 810 4,341 Diamond 1,530 6,525 Dragonstone 7,050 10,811
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Freeing the Rogue is a requirement for the following:
- Obtaining the master quest cape
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although you must be a member who has completed the quest Summer's End to free the Rogue, if you have freed him then he can still be found in free-to-play worlds and will still buy your jewellery, even if you are a non-member.
- He used to buy gold jewellery for GE minimum, but with the system update that released Dungeoneering on 12 April 2010, this was changed to low alchemy price.
- If the player is carrying 100 million (or more) coins and attempts to sell jewellery to the rogue, he will say "You've got enough money as it is. It usually doesn't bother me, but now you're being absurd."
|Part 2 of the Summer quest series|