For other variants of this item, see elite
The Robin Hood hat is a Ranged hat that requires level 40 Ranged to wear and can be obtained by completing level 3 Treasure Trails, or from other players.
For 1000 Loyalty points, players can buy the option to change the colour of robin hood hats. The colours are red, blue, yellow, and white. This cannot be refunded, but once bought, players can change the colours of their hat as many times as they like. A coloured Robin Hood hat is not tradeable, but a player can use their hat on Xuan to change it back to green, and thus make it tradeable again.
One hat of each colour can be stored separately in a mahogany treasure chest.
The Robin Hood hat can be upgraded to an Elite Robin Hood hat using a Golden thread.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- The basic versions of this hat, the ranger boots, and their recoloured versions, now all require 1 Defence and 40 Ranged to equip.
- ninja 8 December 2014 (Update):
- This hat has been tweaked for male characters to sit better on the head.
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Inexplicable bright green polygons visible on Robin Hood hat.
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- This hat now works better with spiky hair styles.
- Robin and some circus barkers wears this hat. The hat and the character are based on the English folklore hero Robin Hood.
- When the Item Lending feature was first released, there existed a glitch in which players could lend out the hat under "Until logout", wait until the player equipped the Robin Hood Hat, and then logout. This would result in the victim becoming bald.
- With the Loyalty Programme update of 28 June 2011, the street price skyrocketed because of the multiple colours made available, with some players selling these hats as high as 15 million GP upon hearing of the update. Approximately 24 hours later they were still being sold for between 8 million and 15 million GP, but about a week later prices slowly returned to normal.
- When the player hovers over the robin hood hat option in the loyalty points shop, the message "Robin Hoods' amazing technicoloured dream hat!" appears. This is a reference to the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, the Robin hood hat gave the fourth highest ranged offensive bonus for the helm slot among non-degradable armour, surpassed only by the 3rd age range coif, Armadyl helmet, and Pernix cowl. It is now much less sought after.