A ring of stone is a ring obtainable as a drop from TzHaar and TokHaar. When worn, the ring transforms the player into a lump of rock. The wearer may chat while transformed, but any attempt to move will automatically unmorph the player. The player will also be automatically unmorphed if attacked by an NPC or another player. Similar to the Easter ring, the ring of stone cannot actually be seen equipped in the ring slot as the worn inventory interface will be unavailable, and a window with a single "Unmorph" button will replace it. When transformed by the ring of stone, the player's white dot will still be visible on the minimap, and if right-clicked by another player all normal options are still available. It does, however, pause the poison effect for as long as the player is morphed.
A ring of stone recolour is available from the third batch of Members Loyalty Programme rewards that was released in December 2011. When recoloured, it not only changes the appearance of the ring itself, but also allows players to change into different coloured rocks.
The ring of stone is not dropped by monsters in the TzekHaar Front.
The ring does not function inside of the Wilderness.
A player morphed into a rock
During the quest King's Ransom, the player can use the ring on the statue of King Arthur, instead of the animate rock scroll supplied during the quest to revert him back to life.
It can also be used with a ring of visibility while under some special conditions to spawn TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot after completing The Brink of Extinction.
For 4,000 loyalty points in Solomon's General Store (under Services → Re-colours), players can buy the ability to change the colour of their ring of stone. This cannot be refunded, but once bought, players can change the colour of their ring of stone as many times as they like.
A recoloured ring has a recoloured rock when the ring is worn. Besides the colour, the kind of rock also changes. For example, the original looks like a brown mining rock, while yellow looks like a sulphur rock and red/green look more like crystals.
To change ring colours the player must use the ring on Xuan and then select the desired colour. When recoloured, the ring is untradeable. The player must change the colour to Original to trade the ring.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Initial in-game appearance of Ring of stone from Unknown date (edit) Unknown year (edit) (Unknown update (edit))
Appearance of Ring of stone after Unknown date (edit) Unknown year (edit) (Unknown update (edit))
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The Ring of Stone can now be purchased from TzHaar-Hur-Lek within TzHaar City for 303,000 Tokkul.
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The Ring of stone interface in legacy mode has been updated to improve the clarity of the text.
- patch 3 April 2017 (Update):
- The regular version of the Ring of Stone now transforms the player once again.
- ninja 12 September 2016 (Update):
- The following items have been graphically updated:
- Gold to onyx rings and ring of slaying - regular, imbued & enchanted
- Brass, gold to dragonstone necklaces - regular & enchanted
- Gold to hydrix bracelets: regular & enchanted
- Gold to dragonstone amulets - regular & enchanted
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
- The ring of stone now identifies correctly as jewellery when being disassembled.
- patch 4 October 2011 (Update):
- The ring of stone now transforms the player into the new style mining rock.
- patch 17 August 2011 (Update):
- The ring of stone, Easter ring, and bone brooch are now restricted in duels if ‘disable rings’ is selected.
- Familiars can now attack players who are using a ring of stone.
Only one option is available to the player while morphed.
- Mining rocks were graphically updated twice before the ring's rock was updated to match.
- If a player attempts to wear the ring of stone while performing an emote, they would be told "You're a little busy showing off right now!"
- The ring of stone used to be obtained by enchanting an onyx ring using the Lvl-6 Enchant spell until it was changed to a drop instead on 27 March 2017.