|Release||1 April 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|High alch||153,000 coins|
|Low alch||102,000 coins|
|When wearing this ring, you will avoid Death's office on death (does not work in PvP) and have a chance to gain adrenaline upon killing your enemy. This has been imbued and overcharged.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The ring of death (i)(o) is a ring of death that has been both imbued to have additional equipment bonuses and overcharged to have more degradation charges, in either order. The imbuement is purchased from the Armoursmith for 15,000 teci. Overcharging is done by speaking to Death and costs 5 cut onyx and 25 black stone hearts (18,308,495 coins), after unlocking the ability to overcharge the ring for 150 Reaper points. Creating an overcharged ring only increases capacity, it does not add any additional charges. (it must be still charged with additional cut onyx).
The imbuement adds 2.5 to the Strength, Ranged, and Magic damage bonuses. The overcharge increases the equipment charges to 500,000. The charge drain on death is reduced to 3% of the maximum charges (which remains 15,000 charges, the same as a non-overcharged ring). The overcharged ring requires 10 cut onyx to fully repair instead of 2, which keeps the per-charge repair cost the same.
The ring continues to provide the same passive effects as before:
- When a target is killed there is a 50% chance to restore the wearer's adrenaline by 1% per 1,500 of the target's maximum life points, to a maximum of 5% adrenaline.
- If the wearer dies, instead of the normal death system, they will be transported to the last respawn hub visited with all items intact (including familiars), at a cost of 3% of the ring's maximum charge (effectively costing 957,282 coins); this does not work in the Wilderness and will NOT activate for Hardcore Ironmen accounts.
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Item effects are no longer cleared from the buff bar when the Ring of Death activates.
- patch 15 April 2019 (Update):
- Overcharged rings of death can now be worn via the action bar.
- ^ Mod Pi. [HCIMRing of Death update]. "ALL THE AMBIGUITY!! lol sorry, Currently: it will save you from losing a life. Soon: it wont even activate on death for hardcore ironmen"*
- ^ Mod Poerkie. Seeking JMOD confirmation or any other reasonable evidence.. "....and what of your items? it counts as a normal death, the ring of death doesn't Trigger."*