The ring of death (i) is a ring of death that has been imbued by the armoursmith for 15,000 teci. This increases the damage bonuses of the ring by 2.5 and retains the same special effects and degradation:
- When a target is killed there is a 50% chance to restore the wearer's adrenaline by 1% per 1,500 of the target's maximum life points, to a maximum of 5% adrenaline.
- If the wearer dies, instead of the normal death system, they will be transported to the last respawn hub visited with all items intact (including familiars), at a cost of 15% of the ring's maximum charge (effectively costing 968,064 coins; this does not work in the Wilderness) and will NOT activate for Hardcore Ironmen accounts.
The ring degrades to a broken state over 100,000 charges of combat. It can be recharged by 50% by using a cut onyx on it (thus a full recharge is 6,453,762 coins). It is, statistically, the best ring in the game.
The ring can be overcharged by Death for 5 cut onyx and 25 black stone hearts, after unlocking the ability to overcharge the ring for 150 Reaper points, making the ring of death (i)(o). This increases the equipment charges to 500,000, making each death drain 3% and onyxes repair 10% each.
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Item effects are no longer cleared from the buff bar when the Ring of Death activates.
- ^ Mod Pi. [HCIMRing of Death update]. "ALL THE AMBIGUITY!! lol sorry, Currently: it will save you from losing a life. Soon: it wont even activate on death for hardcore ironmen"*
- ^ Mod Poerkie. Seeking JMOD confirmation or any other reasonable evidence.. "....and what of your items? it counts as a normal death, the ring of death doesn't Trigger."*