Ring of death
|Ring of death|
|Release||18 August 2014 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||153,000 coins|
|Low alch||102,000 coins|
|When wearing this ring, you will avoid Death's office on death (does not work in PvP) and have a chance to gain adrenaline upon killing your enemy.|
|Exchange||25,119,166 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
- When a target is killed, there is a 50% chance of restoring the wearer's adrenaline by 1% for every 1,500 of the target's maximum life points, to a maximum of 5% adrenaline.
- If the wearer dies, they will be teleported to the last respawn hub visited, with all items intact (including familiars) and stats restored, at a cost of 15% of the ring's charge (effectively costing 680,086 coins). This effect does not work while in the Wilderness and will NOT activate for Hardcore Ironmen accounts.
When using the ring, one should consider how many times they may die while fighting a boss, and how much it costs to reclaim the items from Death. If the reclaim cost is lower than the value stated above (either due to item degradation or artificial values), players are better off paying Death or reclaiming the items themselves. It should always be taken to any boss encounter where high-level gear and/or switches are used, to offset the costs of dying should it occur, such as Nex: Angel of Death and Solak.
Players who lag often, or who have slow computers, may find it helpful, even necessary, to commonly keep a ring of death equipped. During a combat situation, if the connection to the game is broken, or if the game lags badly, the ring could mean the difference between keeping and losing valuable items, especially if you have a beast of burden filled with lots of Saradomin brew flasks, etc.
The ring currently has the second highest style bonuses of any ring behind its imbued version, as well as the highest Prayer bonus of any ring.
The ring degrades to a broken state after 100,000 hits in combat; as with all enchanted hydrix jewellery, it can be recharged by 50% by using a cut onyx on it (so a full recharge effectively costs 4,533,908 coins).
Upon activation after dying, the player receives the message:
Note: When attempting to wear a new (tradeable) ring, a warning message will appear stating that if you wear it, it will become permanently untradeable. Even if it is not used or onyxes are used to return it to full charges, it is still untradeable. One should consider if they will be using the ring often before equipping it.
If the ring is lost in the Wilderness, the killer is rewarded with 625,000 coins and the ring is not reobtainable.
The ring can be overcharged by Death for 5 cut onyx and 25 black stone hearts, after unlocking the ability to overcharge the ring for 150 Reaper points, making the ring of death (o). This increases the equipment charges to 500,000, making each death drain 3% and onyxes repair 10% each. Rings can be both imbued and overcharged, in either order, making the ring of death (i)(o).
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|97 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||25,119,166|
|Enchanted using the Lvl-6 Enchant spell|
|130 XP||97 XP||?||25,119,166|
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
|Ring of death (i)||None||25,119,166
|Ring of death||None||25,119,166|| 25
|Asylum surgeon's ring (i)||85
All Broken Home Challenges
|Asylum surgeon's ring||85
All Broken Home Challenges
|Onyx ring (i)||None||2,068,222
|Sixth-Age circuit||The World Wakes
and all optional requirements
|Hazelmere's signet ring (i)||None||1,275,777,354
|Hazelmere's signet ring||None||1,275,777,354||21|
|Berserker ring (i)||None||216,575
|Seers' ring (i)||73,996
|Warrior ring (i)||29,388
|Archers' ring (i)||88,686
|Luck of the Dwarves (i)||None||43,233,507
|Luck of the Dwarves||None||43,233,507||17|
|Berserker ring||None||216,575|| 12
|Superior leviathan ring||90 to make
|100 Pearls|| 15
|Ring of Fortune (i)||None||2,260,957
|Ring of Fortune||None||2,260,957||13|
|Ring of vigour||62
|Explorer's ring 4||Hard Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 10
|Ring of Wealth||None||9,465||10|
|Asylum doctor's ring||30
|Explorer's ring 3||Medium Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 5
|Ring of Luck||None||3,927||3||
|Explorer's ring 2||Easy Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 2
|Explorer's ring 1||Beginner Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 1
|Ring of potency||None||Free||1||
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.7%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 17 August 2015, the ring of death, like all hydrix jewellery, degraded to dust.
- The ring previously enabled Hardcore Ironmen to keep all their items after dying but this was disabled.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Item effects are no longer cleared from the buff bar when the Ring of Death activates.
- ninja 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Death's store now offers an overcharge option for the Ring of Death. Unlocking the option costs 150 reaper points, then rings may be overcharged in Death's dialogue at a cost of 5 cut onyx and 25 black stone hearts.
- Overcharged rings take 10 onyx to recharge, but only cost 3% charge per death-teleport.
- ninja 17 August 2015 (Update):
- Hydrix jewellery will now degrade to a broken state rather than dust.
- ninja 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Ring of death: Will now make death "safe" at a charge cost.
- Ring of death: Chance for a part of the defeated NPC's life points to be added to adrenaline.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- The ring of death heal splat now shows the correct value in Legacy mode.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Pi. [HCIMRing of Death update]. "ALL THE AMBIGUITY!! lol sorry, Currently: it will save you from losing a life. Soon: it wont even activate on death for hardcore ironmen"*
- ^ Mod Poerkie. Seeking JMOD confirmation or any other reasonable evidence.. "....and what of your items? it counts as a normal death, the ring of death doesn't Trigger."*