"ROV" redirects here. For the Dungeoneering reward, see ring of vigour
The ring of visibility can be obtained from Rasolo the merchant after the player retrieves his cross for him during the quest Desert Treasure. Wearing the ring lets the player see entities in the Shadow Realm like ghosts and objects that are normally invisible. The ring of visibility cannot be made using the Crafting skill.
After completion of the Gift from Sliske achievement, players permanently gain the effects of the ring, thus no longer requiring the ring to be worn. However, the ring of visibility is still required during the Wandering Ga'al miniquest, needing to be used on a ring of stone to reveal TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot.
The ring can be re-obtained by visiting Rasolo and choosing the option "I lost that ring you gave me", or from the quest storage chest.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 30 November 2020 (Update):
- You can now see Hopespear without having the Ring of Visibility equipped or held in the Backpack.
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- The ring of visibility's 'drop' option has been renamed to 'destroy'.
- patch 21 August 2012 (Update):
- The Ring of visibility now protects on death.
- It used to be possible to obtain multiple rings by using the drop trick.
- The ring is described to let the player "see into the shadows", a possible reference to the One Ring from The Lord of the Rings.
- During the quest Fate of the Gods, it's hinted that Sliske is the creator, or perhaps a previous owner, of the ring of visibility as he says, "Ah, I see you are wearing that little ring of mine" when the player is wearing it to see the World Gate.