|Release date||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Cooldown||10.2 seconds (17 ticks)|
|Fire a shot which ricochets off the target.
The ability hits the target for 20-100% ability damage, and will also strike 2 nearby targets within a 6 square radius of the primary target. It can hit secondary targets beyond your normal attack range, but cannot hit secondary targets you cannot see (straight line-of-sight required).
The Caroming perk will increase the number of targets Ricochet can hit.
Ricochet is often used to increase area damage, attract the attention of monsters and reducing the attention required, as long as not too much damage is taken. It is useful without but also in combination with methods to enforce aggression.
Monsters that use Ricochet[edit | edit source]
- Armadylean skirmisher
- Bandit Brawler
- Bandosian ambusher
- Bandosian hunter
- Cabbage archer
- Crystal Shapeshifter
- Death Lotus rogue
- Dragon-hunter archer
- Elite Sotapanna
- Enlightened Sotapanna
- Imperial ranger akh
- JMod clone
- Monkey archer (Faction PvP)
- Saradominist ranger
- Saradominist scout
- Saradominist sharpshooter
- Speedy Keith
- Tombi, Khan of Thalassia
- Zamorakian bandit
- Zamorakian bodyguard
- Zamorakian sharpshooter
- Zamorakian sniper
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- Increased the effective range of the Ricochet ability against additional targets (previously it hit enemies within 4 squares of its attack, this is now 6) this change also affects the Caroming perk.
- update 25 March 2019) (Update):
- The Ricochet ranged ability now targets secondary opponents at range 6, up from 4.