Respect (Artisans' Workshop)
Respect is measured in percentage points, with 2+ decimal places of precision (0.01%); however, the interface only displays respect to the nearest 1%. Players cannot have more than 100% respect at a time. Players will get a green text message when they reach 100% respect, telling them they need to spend their respect before they can gain more.
Earning respect[edit | edit source]
- Players earn 1% respect per 10,000 experience gained from smithing equipment and ceremonial swords.
- Respect is awarded once the item is completed and not during the smithing process.
- If smithing an item would increase the player's respect over 100%, any extra respect is lost; for example, if a player has 99% respect, and smiths an item that gives 30,000 experience, they will have 100% respect after completing the item, not 102%.
- Bonus experience does not double respect earned.
- Smithing protean bars or smelting ores doesn't yield respect.
- Creating any components required for masterwork armour (enriched alloy bars, partially folded alloy bars, masterwork plates, curved masterwork plates, untempered masterwork armour pieces, masterwork armour pieces, or lined masterwork armour piece) doesn't yield any respect.
- Fixing ~21-26 burst pipes awards 1% respect.
- Wearing a Falador shield 4 provides a 5% bonus to respect earned.
- Using an Artisans' workshop respect enhancer gives extra respect, in multiples of 0.25% respect, when smithing items that yield 0.25%+ respect; multiple charges are consumed for items that give multiples of 0.25% respect.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Dwarven Instinct Fragment||100%||One half of the Dwarven instinct aura.|
|Quick Repairs||5%||Repairing burst pipes becomes 50% faster.|
|Repair Expert||15%||Repairing burst pipes gives 50 more experience.|
|Golden Cannon||50%||The player can now ask Egil to convert their dwarf multicannon into the golden version, which has a cannonball capacity of 60. (The regular multicannon has a capacity of 30.)|
|Royale Cannon||100%||The player can now ask Egil to convert their dwarf multicannon into the royale version, which has a cannonball capacity of 90. Requires Golden Cannon.|
|Restocking Cannon||100%||Gives you the ability to reload dwarf multicannons automatically; you must have cannonballs in your inventory and stand within 15 squares of the cannon. Requires Royale Cannon.|
|Sword Polishing Kit||1% each||Gives 1 sword polishing kit. When held in your inventory, it prevents a ceremonial sword from breaking, and is consumed in the process.|
|Solemn Smith I||20%||Making a complete set of burial armour gives an additional 1% XP, up to 5%. Each tier requires the previous tier.|
|Solemn Smith II||40%|
|Solemn Smith III||60%|
|Solemn Smith IV||80%|
|Solemn Smith V||100%|
|Ceremonial Sword Orders||100%||Players have a 10% higher chance to get a ceremonial sword design when they finish smithing an item.|
|Ceremonial Swordsmith I||30%||Making a ceremonial sword gives an additional 1% XP upon successful completion, up to 5%. Each tier requires the previous tier.|
|Ceremonial Swordsmith II||30%|
|Ceremonial Swordsmith III||30%|
|Ceremonial Swordsmith IV||30%|
|Ceremonial Swordsmith V||30%|
|Luminite injector||100% each||When used, every player in the Workshop gains +1 base progress when smithing, for 5 minutes.|
|Blacksmith's outfit piece||50%
|Gives you a piece of the Blacksmith's outfit that you do not already own. The outfit increases Smithing experience by 1% per piece when worn, plus an additional 1% (6% total) if the entire set is worn. After purchasing all 5 pieces, you can buy this reward one more time to get the blacksmith's helmet add-on.|
|Necturion Outfit||100%||These are cosmetic overrides based on armour sets that were developed for the Mining and Smithing rework, but later scrapped. Purchasing an outfit also unlocks its masterwork version.||
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Work on Your Artisan ( 20) – Unlock all rewards from the Artisans' Workshop (excluding outfits and auras).
- Work on Your Artisan II ( 0) – Unlock all rewards from the Artisans' Workshop (including outfits and excluding auras).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Of all the rewards, only the luminite injector is tradeable, making respect value at 14.47 per 1%.