Every RuneScape player is entitled to the respect of the other members of the player community.
Jagex, Rules of RuneScape
Respect is one of the three categories of the Rules of RuneScape, which also include Honour and Security. Rules in this category state that being disrespectful to other members of the player community is deemed unacceptable by Jagex. Disobeying the Respect rule includes the following:
- Discrimination of any kind, whether based on another player's race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation or religious beliefs
- Threatening another player, or bullying of any kind
- Using obscene or inappropriate language
- Spamming, or disruptive behaviour
- Misuse of the Forums
Unacceptable behaviour[edit | edit source]
|“||There's no need to report anyone for using the term 'noob', it simply means 'new player'.
Seriously offensive language includes racism and chat of a sexual nature.
You don't need to report players for using abbreviations such as 'lmao', 'wtf', 'gtfo'.
You shouldn't report any chat that has been starred out (like this: ****), as the censor has prevented anything that may have been offensive from being seen.
Solicitation includes asking for a boyfriend or girlfriend in-game.
Disruptive behaviour includes flooding the chat window with lines of unnecessary chat, but only if you feel it's impairing your gameplay.
Beware of context when reporting players for real-life threats: they could be talking about in-game combat!
|— Report Abuse Help - respect|
Inappropriate language or behaviour[edit | edit source]
You must not use any language that could be considered offensive, racist, obscene or otherwise inappropriate.
Misuse of the Forums[edit | edit source]
You shouldn't misuse the RuneScape Forums. The Forum Code of Conduct clearly details exactly what is and what is not acceptable behaviour for Jagex. More information can be found in the RuneScape Game Guide.
What is NOT allowed[edit | edit source]
- The Jagex Forum Code of Conduct details exactly what is and what is not acceptable behaviour within the Jagex forums. There are also stickies at the top of each forum with explanations of aspects of the forum rules.
- It is a breach of the rules to post anything promoting a website in the forums or in the game. As such, if you do post the URL for your own clan site, you could be banned. Remember that this rule is there to make it impossible for people to send players to scam sites.
Why this rule exists[edit | edit source]
|“||This rule is in place to maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere within the forums. The main purpose of the forums is for players to help each other. This could be by chatting or trading, but always in a safe and secure environment.||”|
|— Jagex |
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Rules of RuneScape at the Game Guide
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. "Rules of RuneScape, Respect." RuneScape Customer Support.
- ^ Jagex. "Inappropriate language or behaviour." RuneScape Customer Support.
- ^ a b Jagex. "Misuse of the forums, 2. What is not tolerated in the forums?." RuneScape Customer Support.
- ^ Jagex. "Misuse of the forums, 1. Why do we have this rule?." RuneScape Customer Support.