- "Secret entrance" redirects here. Several entry points to Enakhra's Temple are also labeled "Secret entrance."
Resource dungeons (also known as surface dungeons) are dungeons initially released on 19 July 2010. Each dungeon requires a minimum Dungeoneering level to enter and contains different resources within, including new monster spawns (such as frost dragons), as well as ores, trees, and herb spawns. Boosts cannot be used to enter a dungeon if the player does not have the required Dungeoneering level.
Entering all but two (Braindeath Island 'Rum'-geon and Dragontooth Island) for the first time rewards the player with an amount of experience. Finding all currently released dungeons gives a total one-time experience reward of 282,600 experience, or 12,000 experience for non members-only dungeons. Note that while an experience bonus can be given for finding a dungeon, Dungeoneering tokens are not awarded to match the bonus.
Very resourceful is an achievement that requires the player to visit the listed resource dungeons.
Dungeons[edit | edit source]
There are currently a total of 21 resource dungeons. These are all accessible as soon as the required levels are reached, except for those requiring the start or completion of a quest: Braindeath Island 'Rum'-geon (A Clockwork Syringe), the Dragontooth Island resource dungeon (One of a Kind), the Baxtorian Falls resource dungeon (Waterfall Quest), and both the Gorajo and Edimmu resource dungeons (Plague's End).
|10||Edgeville Dungeon (chaos druids)||Yes||1100||
|20||Edgeville Dungeon (hill giants)||No||1600||
|50||Braindeath Island||Yes||0[xp 1]||N/A|
|55||Taverley Dungeon (hellhounds)||Yes||6200||N/A||
|60||Taverley Dungeon (blue dragons)||Yes||7000|
|67||Dragontooth Island||Yes||0[xp 2]||N/A|
|85||Asgarnian Ice Dungeon||Yes||15,000||N/A|
|90||Kal'gerion resource dungeon||Yes||17,500|
|95||Gorajo resource dungeon||Yes||30,000|
|100||Morytania Slayer Tower dungeon||Yes||35,000||N/A|
|115||Edimmu resource dungeon||Yes||100,000|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Very resourceful ( 10) – Visit the listed resource dungeons.
- Totem Pole Position ( 10) – Non-ironman:
Hand in a total of 20 items in a single sinkhole.
Enter the 6 resource dungeons with an entry requirement equal to or less than Dungeoneering level 35 within 6 minutes.
- Alcrabholic ( 15) – Kill a 'rum'-pumped crab in the 'Rum'geon on Braindeath Island.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Resource dungeons were first mentioned in the May 2010 Developers' Blog Beyond the Release and mentioned again in the July Behind the Scenes update. 
- The Al-Kharid resource dungeon was made accessible to free players on 7 January 2019 with the release of the Mining and Smithing rework.
References[edit | edit source]