||27 June 2016 (Update)
||60 seconds (100 ticks)
|Use the targets power against them.
- Store incoming damage over 6s, or until Reprisal is cast again.
- Then deal 100% of the damage stored back at the target.
- Can cause up to 10,000 damage (25,000 damage in PvP).
- In PvP there are diminishing returns on the damage dealt as stored damage increases.
|Infobox • Talk page
Reprisal is a threshold Constitution ability unlocked by using the Reprisal Ability Codex. When activated, it tracks damage taken from all sources for up to 6 seconds. After this time or when reactivated, the player attacks their target for 100% of the damage stored, with a damage cap of 10,000. Reprisal has significantly increased hit chance. The damage has diminishing returns during player killing.
Triggering the ability manually a second time can be done outside of the global cooldown. Self-inflicted and both types of typeless damage will be tracked by Reprisal (e.g Vorago's Team Split mechanic, which deals hard typeless damage). It does not count the damage healed by Resonance, so any hit that is mitigated by Resonance will only add one damage to Reprisal (because players receive 1 damage through Resonance while healing from the rest).
Reprisal is locked to the target it was initiated on, meaning that if a player uses Reprisal on one target and then begins attacking another while the original target is still alive, Reprisal will still damage the target it was initiated on.
Reprisal damage can be increased by the Berserker aura, the Maniacal aura, the Reckless aura, the Mahjarrat aura and Vulnerability
Unlike Transfigure, a similar ability that stores damage to later heal the user, the player is not bound or stunned when using Reprisal and is free to perform other abilities and actions during its 6-second timeframe.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- coldfix 19 August 2019:
- Fixed an issue where the Reprisal ability could not be found in-game after an update.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Added a small delay after first activating the Reprisal ability so that its effect cannot be immediately triggered by accident.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The Reprisal ability can now be manually triggered again after using it, to return the damage to your opponent earlier
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- The effective attack range of the Reprisal ability has increased to 15 tiles.
- patch 18 July 2016 (Update):
- Reprisal now correctly deals magic damage with a staff or wand equipped.