Rellekka Hunter area
|Rellekka Hunter area|
|Release date||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Minimum level||1 Hunter|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Rellekka Hunter area is mainly covered in snow and ice. In fact, the entire upper half is little more than a large iceberg. The southern half is made of solid land and can even support a few dying trees, but is mainly covered in snow.
It is a popular destination for hunters and has long helped support Rellekka's hunting economy. Rellekka's fur stall allows players to sell fur from some of the local creatures, but players who would rather keep the items they obtain while hunting can use the nearby bank in Keldagrim, Zanaris (by using the fairy rings), or Peer the Seer as a bank deposit box, as long as his task has been completed in The Fremennik Trials.
There are some banite rocks on the far northern coast.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Teleporting to the Rellekka lodestone (Fremennik Province lodestone) places players south of the Hunter area and east of Rellekka.
- The Arctic bear, a familiar available at level 71 summoning, can teleport the player to the area.
- Players can appear near Keldagrim via Fairy ring DKS (called the Kandarin Snowy Hunter Area in the rings' network directory). The Rellekka Hunter area is north of the ring. Partial completion of the A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen quest is required to use the rings.
- The enchanted lyre, House Teleport (if the player's Player-owned house is situated at Rellekka), and Rellekka tablet teleport players south of Rellekka. The Rellekka Hunter area is north-east of the city. The lyre requires completion of The Fremennik Trials quest, while the tablet requires completion of Love Story.
- Players can take the Mine carts to Keldagrim, use the Dwarven Boatman to sail to Keldagrim's entrance, and then exit to the surface. The Rellekka Hunter area is north of the entrance. Partial completion of the quest The Giant Dwarf is required.
- Players can use the Eagle transport system to fly to the Rellekka Hunter area. Completion of the Eagles' Peak quest as well as level 35 Agility is required. The polar eagles' aerie is actually the closest of all transport means to the dungeon, but it is little used as all eagle aeries are in remote locations.
Features[edit | edit source]
In the Hunter area is a large variety of creatures, which players can hunt using several different methods. In this hunting area it is possible to catch the following:
|11||Cerulean twitch||Bird snaring||56|
|25||Sapphire glacialis||Butterfly netting||34|
|35||Snowy knight||Butterfly netting||44|
|51||Sabre-toothed kebbit||Deadfall trapping||200|
|55||Sabre-toothed kyatt||Pitfall trapping||300|
|68||Azure skillchompa||Box trapping||178|
This area is generally used more often by low-level hunters, but the variety of monsters offers something for hunters of all levels.
Bird snaring, pitfall trapping, and butterfly netting areas are located on the northern ice area. To access this area, players must climb a series of natural stairs formed by chunks of ice, which requires an Agility level of 35.
To the north-east of the iceberg is an area for hunting azure skillchompas.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Hunting expert, who can sell various hunting equipment.
- Natural historian, a Varrock museum employee involved in The Tale of the Muspah
- Kharshai, who appears by the banite rocks
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- A particular tile on the iceberg in the Rellekka Hunter area has been colour-corrected.
- ninja 17 October 2016 (Update):
- More travel cutscenes can be skipped with the toggle, including boats to and from Rellekka, icy hunter area canoe, Mort Myre Swamp boat and the boat to the iceberg.