Rejuvenate is an ultimate Defence ability. It requires level 52 Defence and a shield or equivalent (shieldbow, defender, etc.). When activated, the user is rapidly healed with purple hitsplats, which add up to a total of 40% of their maximum life points. The effect occurs over 10 seconds, and each second roughly 4% of the user's life points are restored. The stat restoration restores to full any drained stats besides Prayer and Summoning. The shield must be equipped for the duration of the effect: removing the shield (including switching to another shield) will instantly end the effect and also prevent stat restoration.
Because of its strong healing power, Rejuvenate can reduce or eliminate the need for food or healing during extended combat trips. Situations where Rejuvenate may be useful include Slayer assignments, player-vs-player activities, the earlier waves in the TzHaar Fight Cave and fighting bosses.
Rejuvenate shares its cooldown with Guthix's Blessing, Ice Asylum and the Enhanced excalibur's effect. Each one has their own advantages and disadvantages; in Rejuvenate's case, it restores drained stats for the duration of the ability, but requires the player to retain their shield for maximum effect. Rejuvenate is also the only option available in f2p.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Performing rejuvenate whilst using soul link will now display the correct heal hitmark.
- update 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Regeneration is 20% less effective than it was, and Rejuvenation now has a 5-minute cooldown.
- Rejuvenate can be seen as the shield equivalent to Guthix's Blessing, with an added stat restoration effect.
- When first released into the combat beta, Rejuvenate could cure poison. However, this effect was removed sometime in October 2012.
- On 14 January 2013, Rejuvenate's cooldown was increased from one minute to 5 minutes.
- The animation for Rejuvenate may be a reference to the popular BBC drama "Doctor Who", in which the main character, The Doctor, regenerates in a similar fashion to heal and save himself from death.
- In order to reset the cooldown on the Rejuvenate ability, the player can log out to the lobby and then log back in. This can eliminate the need for food during long combat trips, although it is not that useful in PvP situations.