This article is about the ability. For the bracelet, see Regen bracelet
Regenerate is a basic Constitution ability. It cannot be used in combat. When activated, Regenerate rapidly drains the user's remaining adrenaline over a period of up to 6 seconds, healing the user for up to 20% of their maximum life points. The amount of life points regained is directly proportional to the amount of adrenaline drained; for example, if Regenerate drains 50% adrenaline, the user will be healed by about 10% of their maximum life points.
There is a toggle which "Automatically trigger regenerate" which activates when leaving combat. The setting can be found under Gameplay-> Combat-> Action Bar. It should be noted that this will not automatically trigger if the player has the Persistent Rage relic power active. In that case, Regenerate can still be triggered manually.
When Regenerate is active, the player is healed 2% every tick (0.6 second) while depleting adrenaline for 10% per tick. If less than 10% of adrenaline remains, it is drained and reduced health (0.2% per 1% of adrenaline) is restored. With the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm Brutish dinosaur perk active, this is then increase to 3% heal per tick at tier one, or 4% at tier two for a total of 30% or 40% respectively.
Periodic use of this ability allows players to complete some Slayer assignments, and other related monster-killing activities, with little or no food. However, Regenerate generally does not provide enough healing potential to solely recover damage taken during player killing activities, or while fighting bosses. It may still be used as a supplementary healing source. It is an ideal ability to use while rushing floors in Dungeoneering, as it does not require the player to scour for food.
Clicking the life point meter's heart icon on the action bar can activate this ability. When Regenerate is activated a revolving circle hovers above the heart icon, not the regenerate icon even if it is put on Action bar. With no adrenaline this cannot be activated, but with any adrenaline it can be queued by clicking on heart icon, the regenerate icon or keybind if it is associated.
Monsters that use Regenerate[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 January 2022 (Update):
- On mobile, Cure and Regenerate can now be activated using the Heart icon.
- update 1 June 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the regenerate ability could be queued even when the player had 0 adrenaline, which caused it to remain in the queue indefinitely.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Auto-regenerate will no longer give you a message that it has failed to activate if no adrenaline is available.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- There is a new user setting called "Automatically trigger regenerate" which activates when leaving combat. The setting can be found under Gameplay-> Combat-> Action Bar.
- This setting is disabled by default for existing users but will be enabled by default for any new users or any returning users that have lapsed for over 3 months.
- ninja 15 September 2014 (Update):
- The Regenerate ability can now be queued during combat so that it will activate when combat has finished.
- patch 31 March 2014 (Update):
- Activating Regenerate after leaving combat when using Momentum will no longer end the effect.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The health button on the action bar will now turn on Regenerate when clicked.
- Prior to the 21 January 2019 combat week update, it was possible to activate Regenerate only manually (either from the button next to the health, or through constitution abilities). After the update it can be set through settings to automatically activate after leaving combat.
- Prior to the 14 January 2013 Hati, Sköll and combat updates, Regenerate was 100% more effective than it is now, which means it healed the user for up to 40% of their maximum life points instead of only 20% as it currently does.
- If a player activates Regenerate and enters combat before its effects are completed, it will turn itself off. Adrenaline would stay at where it was before it is interrupted.
- Regenerate can be used whilst a player is casting Home teleport.