Reese is the leader of a group of Zamorakian cultists encountered during the quest The Blood Pact.
He used to be an acolyte of the Lumbridge church. When the wizard Caitlin found the notes of the necromancer Dragith Nurn, he made a pact with her and another Zamorakian, Kayle. They kidnapped Ilona, a student of the Wizards' Tower, with the intent of sacrificing her in the Lumbridge Catacombs. Their plan was to use Dragith's power to take over Lumbridge.
He is the final cultist to be fought. He uses melee to attack, using the Slaughter ability when he reaches 50% adrenaline. Once dead, the player can obtain his swords. If the swords are lost at any point, another may be claimed from Xenia after the quest. If the player tries to spare Reese after the fight, he drinks poison and commits suicide, completing the ritual and opening the catacombs dungeon below the church.
He cannot follow the player past the tomb door, so it is easy to escape him if in danger. This also causes him to stop being aggressive and only attack the player in retaliation.
He is dominating, using threats to get his way. His fanaticism and dedication to his goal stretch to sacrificing himself to achieve his aims, committing suicide to unlock Dragith Nurn's power. It was believed that he would have expanded beyond Lumbridge in his attempts to appease Zamorak, had he survived.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Reese in the Lumbridge Catacombs no longer stretches wildly.
- ^ Kayle, "The Blood Pact", RuneScape. "We'd made a blood pact, and Reese said that bound me to him. It meant I had to do anything he said. He...he said he could curse me."
- ^ Player character, "Festival of the Dead", RuneScape. "I tried to show Reese mercy but he wouldn't accept it. I didn't expect him to kill himself. I wonder if his mind was even his own."
- ^ Player character, "Festival of the Dead", RuneScape. "Reese deserved his fate. Had I not killed him, he surely would have gone on to kill countless others."
- ^ Kayle, "Festival of the Dead", RuneScape. "I - I think you're right. He wouldn't have stopped at Lumbridge."