|Release||25 December 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A nice hat from a cracker.|
|Exchange||2,147,483,647 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Red partyhats are a discontinued item that came from opening Christmas crackers, which were obtained in the 2001 Christmas event. They can no longer be obtained except for being traded from another player that already has one.
Partyhats are some of the oldest discontinued holiday items in the game, superceeded only by the pumpkin. In combination with being a wearable item, this has resulted in them becoming some of the most expensive items in RuneScape's history, far exceeding the maximum cash value and resulting in them being traded almost exclusively outside the Grand Exchange. When free trade was reintroduced this caused partyhats to give the appearance of rising sharply in value.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
15 Days of Christmas[edit | edit source]
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, were given the Hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Christmas cracker||N/A||1||32/128[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 February 2011 (Update):
- Party hat variants will now change in price by up to 5% per day, dependent on demand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the 2009 player submitted poll #15, red partyhats are the second most sought after type of partyhat.
- The red partyhat and the Blue partyhat were the first items to reach the 1 billion mark on the Grand Exchange.