Red hallowe'en mask
|Red hallowe'en mask|
|Release||31 October 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||9 coins|
|Low alch||6 coins|
|Aaaarrrghhh ... I'm a monster.|
|Exchange||1,910,214,973 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Red hallowe'en masks are a discontinued holiday item, dropped on 31 October 2002. The red hallowe'en mask is the most expensive of the Hallowe'en mask set, which includes the blue and green Hallowe'en masks. At one time it was more expensive than the red partyhat.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the update on 9 June 2010, all hallowe'en masks turned red for a short time, regardless of their colour. This was fixed by another update several hours later. This also occurred to other items such as rune full helms which looked like Zamorak full helms.
- As demonstrated in the pictures above, the chathead displays the character with eyes through the mask, where the character equipment screen shows with blacked out eye slots. This is possibly because before the graphical update for player's eyes, they were black, and chatheads were normal eyes, the hallowe'en mask's eyes most likely are clear.
- The 'Classic' version of the Red hallowe'en mask was worn flat on the face, similar to how a black mask is worn.
- The mask appears slightly differently on males and females - the forehead is accentuated with female characters and the horns curve differently compared to the mask worn by males.
- In the early days of dragon items it was not uncommon for owners of the red mask to convince new players that they were wearing a dragon full helm, which was not released until many years after the first dragon-metal items were released.