This article is about the Soul Wars cape. For the red regular cape, see cape (red)
The red cape (more commonly known as the red Soul Wars cape) is a cape used in the Soul Wars minigame and is also a reward from the Grandmaster quest Nomad's Requiem. After the quest, players may purchase additional capes from Zimberfizz for 150,000 coins per cape. Multiple capes can be obtained by dropping the capes a player already owns before buying a new one. The cape cannot be taken into a Soul Wars game; however, the cape inside the minigame provides the same bonuses, provided players have completed Nomad's Requiem.
The red cape is identical in bonuses to the blue Soul Wars cape. Zimberfizz can change the colour of the cape between red and blue for free at any time.
The Soul Wars capes used to be known for their high prayer bonus, commonly used in activities requiring extended usage of prayer. However, nowadays they're outclassed by Dragon Rider cape in every aspect.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 28 February 2012 (Update):
- Soul Wars capes now hang more naturally on the player.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- The Soul Wars cape no longer causes players’ heads to stretch when wielded with a facemask.
- patch 1 February 2010 (Update):
- Fixed the problem with the Soul Wars cape and who could obtain it from a POH.
- It used to be one of the only capes in RuneScape to descend from the character's shoulders to the ground.