|Release||23 November 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will need to combine all four Raptor key pieces for another copy of this key.|
|A mysterious Raptor key.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The raptor key is an item used to unlock the Raptor's chest of slaying in War's Retreat. Each of the monsters that drop the key pieces require level 96 Slayer to kill, in addition to being on the respective Slayer task in order for them to drop. Each part has a 1/256 chance of being dropped.
The key is made of four parts:
- Raptor key part 1, dropped by Wyverns and elite Wyverns
- Raptor key part 2, dropped by Ripper Demons and Slasher Demons
- Raptor key part 3, dropped by Camel Warriors
- Raptor key part 4, dropped by Acheron mammoths
Once all four key parts are obtained, simply use one of the pieces on another. This will create the key, with a dialogue message stating "You combine the four key parts into a reward key for the Raptor's chest of slaying." Players can then open the Raptor's chest of slaying for various rewards.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- The chance to receive a Raptor weapon has been increased from 1/200 to 1/50.
- Pieces of Raptor's Basic Outfit are now a guaranteed drop from the chest.
- An 'Observe" option has been added to the full key to guide players to the chest's location.
- When combining a key, a message will appear that guides players to the chest's location.
- Adjusted messaging when opening the chest without a key, to inform players of where to find key pieces.
- The order in which drops are rewarded has been reorganised.
- patch 16 April 2018 (Update):
- You no longer get a luck message about receiving a Raptor key part whilst killing Ripper Demons, Living Wyverns or Achereon Mammoths off task.
- The drop rate of obtaining Raptor key parts from Ripper Demons and Living Wyverns has changed from 1/512 to 1/256.
- ninja 6 February 2017 (Update):
- Increased the chance of receiving Raptor key pieces from tasks, and Raptor armour from the chest!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Following the Patch Notes on 6 February 2017, Raptor key pieces were made approximately 150% more common, and the rewards contained within the Raptor chest were halved to compensate for the increased drop chance.
- Originally, key parts 1 and 2, from wyverns and ripper demons, respectively, had the lower drop rate of 1/512. This was changed to match the rates of the other parts as part of the patch on 16 April 2018.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Timbo. "Dev Blog: Revealing Drop Rates." 17 November 2017. Existing Game Content Forums.
- ^ Mod Shauny. "Patch Notes - 16/04." 16 April 2018. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Mod Shogun. Raptor Chest Rewards Nerfed? Why?. 26 February 2017. "So the keys were made more common, around 150% more common so we had to reduce the amount of rewards from the chest to compensate."*