Rapid Fire is a threshold Ranged ability. Rapid Fire deals 8 hits with one hit every 0.6 second of 18.8-94% ability damage per hit, for a total of 150.4-752% ability damage. As with all threshold abilities, it requires at least 50% adrenaline to activate. This ability is a combo attack and lasts 4.8 seconds.
Rapid Fire is generally regarded as the most useful ranged ability because of the large damage output overall and being only a threshold ability, capable of doing more damage than Ranged ultimate abilities.
Although a normally channelled ability, if the player is wearing fleeting boots or their enhanced version, Rapid Fire can be channelled while moving.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The Rapid Fire ability now fires the correct number of shots.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Snipe no longer causes Rapid Fire to only fire one shot.
- This ability has multiple ranged animations that depend on the weapon type equipped, similar to most other ranged abilities when using different weapons. When using a one-handed crossbow, it looks as if the player is aiming carefully to shoot the bolts from the hip. With dual-wielding, it is the animation shown above; before an unknown date, Rapid Fire with dual-wielded weapons had the same animation as Unload. When using a bow, the player seems to grab arrows from their back and starts firing them at the opponent. When using a two-handed crossbow, the player seems to aim down twice as if they were using the aims on the crossbow, which they do not have.