Anachronia Dinosaur Farm
|Anachronia Dinosaur Farm|
|Release||25 November 2019 (Update)|
|Music||Ranch Out of Time|
|Teleports||Mystical tree (Anachronia, Manor Farm)|
|doc • Talk page|
The Anachronia Dinosaur Farm, or Ranch Out of Time, is an expansion to the player-owned farm that was announced at RuneFest 2019. It is located on an island off the west coast of Anachronia, which can be accessed through the mystical tree at Manor Farm or on the west coast of Anachronia next to the campfire where the broken compass can be found.
The player works alongside Granny Potterington's great grandmother, Prehistoric Potterington, to set up five new paddocks (two large, one medium, one small, and one breeding pen) on Anachronia to house frogs, salamanders, jadinkos, and dinosaurs. The pens are initially unlocked with beans but are then constructed using Anachronia resources rather than planks and nails. Unchecked animals can be gathered from Hunter, Slayer, and Big Game Hunter. The farm has its own Farmers' Market and shares the bean currency with the Manor Farm.
Anachronia livestock require level 42 to 120 Farming and level 45 to 90 Construction to build the pens. All of the Anachronia breeds are included within the animal breeding log; the update introduced 14 new species with a total of 65 variants. There are currently no Farmhands at the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm.
- 1 Animals
- 2 Farmhouse
- 3 Perks
- 4 Traits
- 5 Feeding
- 6 Disease
- 7 Breeding
- 8 Selling
- 9 Buyers
- 10 Gathered produce
- 11 Beehives and milk (Animal stats)
- 12 Farmers' Market
- 13 Achievements
- 14 Pre-release
- 15 Music unlocked
- 16 Gallery
- 17 Update history
- 18 Trivia
- 19 References
Animals[edit | edit source]
Different livestock can be obtained via Slayer (varanusaurs and brutish dinosaurs), Hunter (jadinkos), Big Game Hunter (apoterrasaur, scimitops, asciatops, malletops, and rexes), or the Farmers' Market (frogs and salamanders). Unchecked livestock can be traded with other players, even on the Grand Exchange. Checked animals are given a random name, which can be changed using an animal name re-roller.
The warning when checking an animal may be turned off; however, it cannot be turned back on once done. Temporary skill boosts cannot be used to add an animal to a pen they lack the level requirement for.
Unlike chinchompas of Manor Farm that can breed only the same colour, jadinkos can lay eggs of other types of jadinkos (eg. two aquatic can lay a carrion egg). Varanusaurs also can lay eggs of other types (eg. two feral varanusaurs can lay a ripper varanusaur egg).
A random unchecked dinosaur egg can also be bought from Irwinsson for 80 hunter marks.
Growth stages[edit | edit source]
Most animals on the farm have five growth stages: egg, child, adolescent, adult, and elder. Each stage takes a certain length of time and will advance if the animal is in the pen, even if the player is logged out. Animals will not advance growth stages while in the inventory or bank. Dinosaur growth rates are the same as those of dragons.
New animals may be born when the player is away from the farm or is not logged in. The animals won't start growing until the first time the player visits their farm (or logs back in on the farm) after the animal was born when receiving the message:. After their first visit, the animals can grow through all the growth stages without a need to return to the farm again.
|Animal||Time per stage|
|Egg to child||Child to adolescent||Adolescent to adult||Adult to elder||Total time to elder|
|Frogs||72 minutes (1h 12m)||108 minutes (1h 48m)||216 minutes (3h 36m)||324 minutes (5h 24m)||720 minutes (12h)|
|Jadinkos||408 minutes (6h 48m)||612 minutes (10h 12m)||1,224 minutes (20h 24m)||1,836 minutes (30h 36m)||4,080 minutes (68h)|
|Salamanders||480 minutes (8h)||720 minutes (12h)||1,440 minutes (24h)||2,160 minutes (36h)||4,800 minutes (80h)|
|Varanusaurs||660 minutes (11h)||990 minutes (16h 30m)||1,980 minutes (33h)||2,970 minutes (49h 30m)||6,600 minutes (110h)|
|Arcane apoterrasaurs||1,050.6 minutes (17h 30m 36s)||1,575.9 minutes (26h 15m 54s)||3,151.8 minutes (52h 31m 48s)||4,727.7 minutes (78h 47m 42s)||10,506 minutes (175h 6m = 7d 7h 6m)|
|Brutish dinosaurs||1,080 minutes (18h)||1,620 minutes (27h)||3,240 minutes (54h)||4,860 minutes (81h)||10,800 minutes (180h = 7d 12h)|
|Scimitops||1,140 minutes (19h)||1,710 minutes (28h 30m)||3,420 minutes (57h)||5,130 minutes (85h 30m)||11,400 minutes (190 hours = 7d 22h)|
|Bagrada rex||1,170.6 minutes (19h 30m 36s)||1,755.9 minutes (29h 15m 54s)||3,511.8 minutes (58h 31m 48s)||5,267.7 minutes (87h 47m 42s)||11,706 minutes (195h 6m = 8d 3h 6m)|
|Spicati apoterrasaurs||1,200 minutes (20h)||1,800 minutes (30h)||3,600 minutes (60h)||5,400 minutes (90h)||12,000 minutes (200h = 8d 8h)|
|Asciatops||1,290.6 minutes (21h 30m 36s)||1,935.9 minutes (32h 15m 54s)||3,871.8 minutes (64h 31m 48s)||5,807.7 minutes (96h 47m 42s)||12,906 minutes (215h 6m = 8d 23h 6m)|
|Corbicula rex||1,305.6 minutes (21h 45m 36s)||1,958.9 minutes (32h 38m 54s)||3,916.8 minutes (65h 16m 48s)||5,875.2 minutes (97h 55m 12s)||13,056 minutes (217h 36m = 9d 1h 36m)|
|Oculi apoterrasaurs||1,440 minutes (24h)||2,160 minutes (36h)||4,320 minutes (72h)||6,480 minutes (108h)||14,400 minutes (240h = 10d)|
|Malletops||1,500 minutes (25h)||2,250 minutes (37h 30m)||4,500 minutes (75h)||6,750 minutes (112h 30m)||15,000 minutes (250h = 10d 10h)|
|Pavosaurus rex||1,590.6 minutes (26h 30m 36s)||2,385.9 minutes (39h 45m 54s)||4,771.8 minutes (79h 31m 48s)||7,157.7 minutes (119h 17m 42s)||15,906 minutes (265h 6m = 11d 1h 6m)|
Pens[edit | edit source]
There are five pens in total on the farm: 1 small, 1 medium, 2 large and 1 breeding pen. Players cannot have different animal types in the same pen, nor put animals in the incorrect-sized pen.
Required construction level may be boosted or assisted.
Farmhouse[edit | edit source]
The farmhouse in the middle of the farm contains an animal breeding log.
Manure mound[edit | edit source]
There is a manure mound just north-east of the farmhouse.
Storm barn[edit | edit source]
After purchasing the storm barn deeds for 7,500 beans, players may build the storm barn at the farmhouse. The storm barn is shared with the one on the player-owned farm, so if you already have the player-owned farm storm barn, you will get full access to all the spaces you have already built there.
Perks[edit | edit source]
One farm totem (bought from the Farmers' Market) can be added to each pen on the farm (excluding the breeding pen). If there is at least one elder animal in the pen, the totem will activate a Tier 1 perk related to the contained livestock. Tier 2 perks can be activated by having the same elder species in 2 pens with farm totems attached to them.
As the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm only has one small and medium pen, they will be unable to have a tier 2 effect.
|Pen Size||Animal Source||Level||Perk Name||Tier 1 Effect||Tier 2 Effect|
|Small||Frog||42||Flycatcher||Yield from stinkshrooms is doubled.||N/A|
|Salamander||102||La La La La||XP gained from catching salamanders is increased by 5%||N/A|
|Medium||Jadinko||76||The Old Black Magic||Increases the duration of juju potions by 30 seconds when consumed.||N/A|
|Varanusaur||97||Envenomed||10% chance to make 4 doses instead of 3 doses when mixing Weapon Poison or Antipoison potions.[dino perks 1]||N/A|
|Large||Arcane apoterrasaur||98||Arcane Elements||Increases your 'runes per essence' multiplier by 1 while crafting elemental runes.||Increases your 'runes per essence' multiplier by 2 while crafting elemental runes.|
|Brutish dinosaur||100||Stubborn||Increases each heal from Regenerate to 3% of your maximum life points.||Increases each heal from Regenerate to 4% of your maximum life points.|
|Scimitops||104||Living Mountain||Increases the chance of finding geode while Mining by 1%||Increases the chance of finding geode while Mining by 2%|
|Bagrada rex||106||King of Beasts||5% chance to conserve a bomb when thrown.||10% chance to conserve a bomb when thrown.|
|Spicati apoterrasaur||108||Butterfly effect||There is a small chance of spawning a Guthixian butterfly when gathering produce from adolescent, adult and elder animals.||There is a small chance of spawning a Guthixian butterfly when gathering produce from adolescent, adult and elder animals.|
|Asciatops||110||Powerful Beast||Increases the chance of a critical swing while Mining by 3%.||Increases the chance of a critical swing while Mining by 6%.|
|Corbicula rex||112||No Fear||Increases the Critical Hit chance of Meteor Strike by 20%.||Increases the Critical Hit chance of Meteor Strike by 40%.|
|Oculi apoterrasaur||115||Steak Out||A 3% chance of receiving an extra piece of meat when skinning a Big Game Hunter creature.||A 5% chance of receiving an extra piece of meat when skinning a Big Game Hunter creature.|
|Malletops||117||Armoured Hide||Increases the duration of Barricade by 1.8 seconds||Increases the duration of Barricade by 3.6 seconds|
|Pavosaurus rex||118||Rep-tile||All Farming Guild reputation gains are increased by 5%.||All Farming Guild reputation gains are increased by 10%.|
Traits[edit | edit source]
Anachronia livestock share traits with Manor Farm livestock.
Feeding[edit | edit source]
Animals require food to increase and retain happiness and health. Once an animal has been added to a pen, players can fill their trough with up to 1,000 suitable elements. The foods an animal will eat is listed under the animal's info, which can be seen by clicking on them in the pen or in the player's inventory. Food can be added either noted or un-noted, and the trough can be used from both inside and outside the pen. Any amount from 1 - 1000 to be added in one action, though for non-stackable items the full amount can only be added if they are noted.
Each animal eats one food every hour and the correct food will raise animal health and happiness by 5–9%. For example, a pen with 3 animals will require 3 food each hour to maintain. Foods can be taken out of the trough as mush in order to reuse with other paddocks, but the original items cannot be reclaimed. As all food sources result in the same amount of produce, cheaper sources are better. Animals with both Immune and Joyful traits will remain at 100% health and happiness without the need for food, although food will still be consumed if it is in the trough. Having both these traits can be useful for animals that require food that is expensive or time-consuming to acquire, such as frogs.
Disease[edit | edit source]
Anachronia livestock share diseases with Manor Farm livestock.
Breeding[edit | edit source]
Anachronia livestock do not have any season-specific breed variants. Any variant within each breed can produce offspring of any variant within the same breed - interbreeding of variants in the same breed is possible. Interbreeding between different breeds (e.g. Bagrada Rex and Corbicula Rex) is not possible. Different jadinkos are considered of the same species and can interbreed.
The 'Like Rabbits' perk, that increases breeding success, from Manor Farm carries over to the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm.
Breeding success[edit | edit source]
The information in the following table applies to the breeding pen. Breeding in the other pens has the following differences:
- In the small pen breeding will take 1.5x longer
- In the medium pen breeding will take 2x longer
- In the large pen breeding will take 3x longer
|Animals||Breeding rate||Max breed time||Success chance||Average time (Breeding Pen)|
|Base||t1 of Rabbit Perk||t2 of Rabbit Perk|
|Frog||200 minutes (3h 20m)||1,000 minutes (16h 40m)||60%||330 minutes (5h 30m)||308 minutes (5h 8m)||302 minutes (5h 2m)|
|Salamander||1,005 minutes (16h 45m)||5,025 minutes (83h 45m)||50%||1,948 minutes (32h 28m)||1,821 minutes (30h 21m)||1,794 minutes (29h 54m)|
|Jadinko||700 minutes (11h 40m)||3,500 minutes (58h 20m)||70%||998 minutes (16h 38m)||933 minutes (15h 33m)||909 minutes (15h 9m)|
|Varanusaur||800 minutes (13h 20m)||4,000 minutes (66h 40m)||70%||1,141 minutes (19h 1m)||1,066 minutes (17h 46m)||1,039 minutes (17h 19m)|
|Brutish dinosaur||1,100 minutes (18h 20m)||5,500 minutes (91h 40m)||80%||1,375 minutes (22h 55m)||1,285 minutes (21h 25m)||1,250 minutes (20h 50m)|
|Arcane apoterrasaur||1,100 minutes (18h 20m)||5,500 minutes (91h 40m)||80%||1,375 minutes (22h 55m)||1,285 minutes (21h 25m)||1,250 minutes (20h 50m)|
|Spicati apoterrasaur||1,200 minutes (20h)||6,000 minutes (100h)||80%||1,500 minutes (25h)||1,402 minutes (23h 22m)||1,364 minutes (22h 44m)|
|Oculi apoterrasaur||1,300 minutes (21h 40m)||6,500 minutes (108h 20m)||80%||1,625 minutes (27h 5m)||1,519 minutes (25h 19m)||1,478 minutes (24h 38m)|
|Scimitops||1,100 minutes (18h 20m)||5,500 minutes (91h 40m)||80%||1,375 minutes (22h 55m)||1,285 minutes (21h 25m)||1,250 minutes (20h 50m)|
|Asciatops||1,200 minutes (20h)||6,000 minutes (100h)||80%||1,500 minutes (25h)||1,402 minutes (23h 22m)||1,364 minutes (22h 44m)|
|Malletops||1,300 minutes (21h 40m)||6,500 minutes (108h 20m)||80%||1,625 minutes (27h 5m)||1,519 minutes (25h 19m)||1,478 minutes (24h 38m)|
|Bagrada rex||1,200 minutes (20h)||6,000 minutes (100h)||80%||1,500 minutes (25h)||1,402 minutes (23h 22m)||1,364 minutes (22h 44m)|
|Corbicula rex||1,200 minutes (20h)||6,000 minutes (100h)||80%||1,500 minutes (25h)||1,402 minutes (23h 22m)||1,364 minutes (22h 44m)|
|Pavosaurus rex||1,400 minutes (23h 20m)||7,000 minutes (116h 40m)||80%||1,750 minutes (29h 10m)||1,636 minutes (27h 16m)||1,591 minutes (26h 31m)|
- Average breeding times assume no bonuses from traits, taking into account the bad luck mitigation of the breeding pen.
Breeding ticks[edit | edit source]
template = Root timers/t form = jsCalc-root-timers-form result = jsCalc-root-timers-result param = time|Timespan to display (hours; negative for previous ticks)|10|int|-inf-inf|| param = frog|Show frog||check|yes,no|| param = salamander|Show salamander||check|yes,no|| param = jadinko|Show jadinko||check|yes,no|| param = varanusaur|Show varanusaur||check|yes,no|| param = brutish dinosaur|Show brutish dinosaur||check|yes,no|| param = arcane apoterrasaur|Show arcane apoterrasaur||check|yes,no|| param = spicati apoterrasaur|Show spicati apoterrasaur||check|yes,no|| param = oculi apoterrasaur|Show oculi apoterrasaur||check|yes,no|| param = scimitops|Show scimitops||check|yes,no|| param = asciatops|Show asciatops||check|yes,no|| param = malletops|Show malletops||check|yes,no|| param = bagrada rex|Show bagrada rex||check|yes,no|| param = corbicula rex|Show corbicula rex||check|yes,no|| param = pavosaurus rex|Show pavosaurus rex||check|yes,no||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Selling[edit | edit source]
Selling prices[edit | edit source]
The following table displays an animals' growth stage and its standard selling price, not taking into account the buyers' preferences nor master farmer outfit bonuses.
|Animals||Farming Level||Growth stage||Baby Shakes|
100% (base value)
[net gain if bought from store]
Beans vs. experience[edit | edit source]
The highest rate of beans is obtained by selling an adolescent animal. Should a player decide to grow an animal further (up to elder) for experience, the rate of experience is as follows.
(at elder stage)
Buyers[edit | edit source]
At any given time there will be up to 3 buyers present at the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm - one for small creatures, one for medium, and one for large. You can change the buyers by interacting with advertisement board and selecting the ones you want for each size of pen. When changing the buyer, the interface shows the time left until they arrive on the farm.
|Frogs||Anphi (frog collector)|
|Salamanders||Steven (salamander commander)|
|Jadinkos||Papa Mambo (jadinko jailer)|
|Varanusaurs||Laniakea (varanusaurs dinosaur buyer)|
|Brutish dinosaurs||General Bentnoze (brutish dinosaur buyer)|
|Arcane apoterrasaurs||Glout (arcane associate)|
|Spicati apoterrasaurs||Wizard Ilona (spicati selector)|
|Oculi apoterrasaurs||Odd Billy (bird fancier)|
|Scimitops'||Doric (scimitops handler)|
|Asciatops'||Evil Dave (asciatops buyer)|
|Malletops'||Moia (malletops master)|
|Bagrada rex||Daya (bagrada rex buyer)|
|Corbicula rex||Thok (rex wrangler)|
|Pavosaurus rex||Irwinsson (rex rider)|
Baby Shakes[edit | edit source]
Baby Shakes will purchase any animals, any quantity and any age, regardless of breed or traits—but at a reduced rate of 10% of the animal’s base adolescent bean value. Baby Shakes can be found on Manor Farm, south-east of Granny Potterington.
Gathered produce[edit | edit source]
Every time an animals grows, the player can gather for items and Farming experience. Unlike with collecting produce from crops, animal produce does not replenish. Produce can only be collected once per growth stage. The experience from harvesting is affected by bonus experience, but is it not doubled during Double XP Weekends. It will fill farming urns and use up bonus experience stored within Advanced pulse cores. If an animal is shiny, it will provide an additional 10% experience. The icon is displayed over each animal when this has grown a stage and has produce to be gathered if the upgrade has been bought from the Farmers' Market and then toggled on Prehistoric Potterington.
|Egg to child||Child to adolescent||Adolescent to adult||Adult to elder||Total XP to elder||xp/hr of growth[a 1]|
|Frog||500||750||1,500||2,250||5,000||416.67||15 poison slime (2,715)|
|Salamander||3,000||4,500||9,000||13,500||30,000||375||85 swamp tar (16,490)|
|Jadinko||3,000||4,500||9,000||13,500||30,000||441.18||15 vine[a 2] or 15 plant teeth[a 3]|
|Varanusaur||5,500||8,250||16,500||24,750||55,000||500||Feral/Ripper dinosaurs: 60 Dinosaur claws(70,140) or 60 poison slime (10,860) – mean:40,500|
|Brutish dinosaur||11,000||16,500||33,000||49,500||110,000||611.11||40 Spark chitin (43,720)|
|Arcane apoterrasaur||10,500||15,750||31,500||47,250||105,000||599.66||40 Beak snot (36,360)|
|Spicati apoterrasaur||13,000||19,500||39,000||58,500||130,000||650||50 Beak snot (36,360)|
|Oculi apoterrasaur||16,100||24,150||48,300||74,250||162,800||670.83||65 Beak snot (59,085)|
|Scimitops||12,500||18,000||35,500||54,000||120,000||631.58||50 Spark chitin (54,650)|
|Asciatops||14,000||21,000||42,000||63,000||140,000||650.86||65 Spark chitin (71,045)|
|Malletops||17,500||26,250||52,500||78,750||175,000||700||85 Spark chitin (92,905)|
|Bagrada rex||12,500||18,750||37,500||56,250||125,000||640.7||50 Bottled dinosaur roar (214,900)|
|Corbicula rex||15,000||22,500||45,000||67,500||150,000||666.37||65 Bottled dinosaur roar (279,370)|
|Pavosaurus rex||19,000||28,500||57,000||85,500||190,000||716.71||85 Bottled dinosaur roar (365,330)|
- ^ Each stage of growth has the same xp/hr of growth rate. Later stages of growth have longer wait times and bigger xp drops, but the rate per hour is the same.
- ^ 15 vines of the respective breed: aquatic, oily (amphibious), striped (camouflaged), pungent (carrion), withered (common), corrupt (diseased), draconic, marble (igneous), or shadow.
- ^ Cannibal jadinkos only.
Beehives and milk (Animal stats)[edit | edit source]
This section isn't specific to the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm and comes from the player-owned farm.
Players can interact with the beehives behind the large pen on the east side of the Manor Farm. Certain types of plants may be added to a beehive which can result in a variety of different honeycombs. Noted flowers may be used. Each beehive produces one honeycomb from one flower on the hour, provided flowers have been added. Insect repellent is required to harvest honeycombs. Insect repellent can now be added to toolbelt. Honeycombs can only be used at certain animal growth stages. Beehives can hold up to 27 flowers per type of flower per full load. Although different flowers can be placed in a single hive, it is probably better to use one type per hive for organisational purposes. If different flowers are put into a single hive, the production of special honey will be random.
Given that the price of marigolds in the Grand Exchange is high at the moment due to high demand, a viable option is to buy the 10 marigold seeds from Olivia in Draynor Village or Coeden in Prifddinas and farm them in the flower patches since they only take around 18 minutes to fully grow.
Right-clicking the beehives can allow the player to see how many flowers have been deposited.
To harvest the special honeycombs, click on the hive and choose the option "Check Beehive". The player must first spray the hive with insect repellent, or they will be stung. Choosing the option "Take honey Beehive" will result in a regular honeycomb being collected instead. Feeding the special honeycomb to an animal will only work if it is not in its egg stage.
|Flower / Grass||Honeycomb||Effect on animals||Boost|
|Marigolds||Delicious honeycomb||Boosts happiness||10%|
|Rosemary||Dense honeycomb||Boosts weight||10%|
|Woad leaf||Medicinal honeycomb||Boosts health||10%|
|Nasturtiums||Runny honeycomb||Boosts speed||10 gallopers|
|Snape grass||Sweet honeycomb||Boosts attractiveness||10 beauty marks|
There are only two kinds of milk that can improve the stats of any animal: strawberry and vanilla. Chocolatey milk and plain milk have no effect. Yak milk is used in Herblore. In the long run it would be a much less reliable and far more expensive source of stat boosters compared to beehives as their production is limited by the cows' growth stages.
|Strawberry milk||Strawberry cow||Health between 0-13%
Happiness between 0-8% Average total +10.1% (n=30)
|Vanilla milk||Vanilla cow||Health between 0-9%
Happiness between 5-14% Average total +15.8% (n=35)
Farmers' Market[edit | edit source]
The Farmers' Market is the shop operated by Prehistoric Potterington. Various farm upgrades and other Farming-related items can be purchased using beans.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are achievements for breeding each type of animal within each breed and completing all Anachronia breeds. Unlike Manor Farm, there is no hidden achievement corresponding to Ravensworn traits.
No RuneScore is awarded for any of the achievements.
|You Had a Jadinko||Complete all jadinko breeds.|
|You Had a Varanusaur||Complete all varanusaurs dinosaur breeds.|
|You Had a Brutish Dinosaur||Complete all brutish dinosaur breeds.|
|You Had an Arcane Apoterrasaur||Complete all arcane apoterrasaur breeds.|
|You Had a Scimitops||Complete all scimitops breeds.|
|You Had a Bagrada Rex||Complete all bagrada rex breeds.|
|You Had a Spicati Apoterrasaur||Complete all spicati apoterrasaur breeds.|
|You Had an Asciatops||Complete all asciatops breeds.|
|You Had a Corbicula Rex||Complete all corbicula rex breeds.|
|You Had a Oculi Apoterrasaur||Complete all oculi apoterrasaur breeds.|
|You Had a Malletops||Complete all malletops breeds.|
|You Had a Pavosaurus Rex||Complete all pavosaurus rex breeds.|
|You Had a Frog||Complete all frog breeds.|
|You Had a Salamander||Complete all salamander breeds.|
|Bean There, Done That, Got the Postcard||Purchase all farm upgrades in the Farmers' Market at the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm.|
|E-I-E-DI-NO||Complete all Ranch Out of Time breeds.|
Pre-release[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 13 September 2021 (Update):
- Moved buyer-contract options at Manor Farm and The Ranch Out of Time to a noticeboard, which allows players to easily select which buyers they'd like to sell to.
- Renamed an option on both Granny Potterington and Prehistoric Potterington to reflect these changes.
- Moved buyer-contract options at Manor Farm and The Ranch Out of Time to a noticeboard, which allows players to easily select which buyers they'd like to sell to.
- patch 8 February 2021 (Update):
- Texture sizes around The Ranch Out of Time have been reduced to help with crashing issues.
- ninja 18 January 2021 (Update):
- You can now mark favourite animals with a new right-click/long-press option or via the Animal pen or Barn interfaces
- New buttons have been added to the Animal Information interface to make it easier to feed animals honeycomb
- Long-press or right-click the button to feed the maximum amount of honeycomb
- Animal buyers can once again be set to appear via 'word of mouth' based on what animals are in the pens
- Speak to one of the Potteringtons about contract options and clear your advertisements to try it out!
- Adding food to troughs via the 'Make-X' menu will now pick an appropriate food based on the type already in in the trough, or the type used last
- If neither of these options are possible it will default to the first appropriate food you have in your Backpack
- The 'Make-X' trough menu will now start at the maximum value
- The warning which first appears when attempting to harvest an animal under 100% health and happiness can now be toggled back on
- You can find this toggle in the Farming options
- Player owned farm paddock requirements are now listed in the Construction Skill Guide
- For consistency, various messaging on Manor Farm and The Ranch Out of Time has been turned into info-boxes:
- Quick-selling animals to buyers will now trigger an info-box stating the total amount of Beans gained
- Dinosaur eggs dropped by feral, ripper, brutish and venomous dinosaurs now trigger lootbeams
- Tooltips for animals' health and happiness meters now appear when they are tapped on mobile devices
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- Invisible players will no longer appear next to Prehistoric Potterington on The Ranch Out of Time.
- patch 11 May 2020 (Update):
- Moved the old bank area on the Ranch out of Time to the new bank chest location.
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Great-Granny Potterington now has a lovely new home with space for a few more features.
- The animal buyers and Bank chest are now more accessible.
- The Seasonaliser has been removed as it had no functionality for the Ranch animals.
- There is now space for a Storm Barn to be built on The Ranch Out of Time.
- The building permit can be purchased for 7,500 beans.
- You'll need 15,000 wood, hides, and leaves from the Anachronia Base Camp to build the Storm Barn.
- The Storm Barn is a requirement for the "Bean There, Done That, Got The Post Card" achievement for the Completionist Cape.
- Teleporting to The Ranch Out of Time will now land players directly where Great-Granny Potterington and the dinosaur buyers are situated. The first teleport after today's update will still land players at the previous location on the beach.
- Players can now teleport to The Ranch Out of Time via the Max Guild garden portal. The ability to attune the portal there can be bought from the 'Misc. Rewards' section of the Farmer's Market for 5,000 beans.
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- Can no longer check player-owned farm animals in other locations if the action is performed while teleporting.
- Salamanders have received a nudge of 'encouragement' from Prehistoric Potterington, and will now breed at faster rates.
- Flies are now stackable.
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Selecting gather produce with right-click in player owned farm will now correctly update the button state.
- You are now awarded token XP for climbing over the stiles at the Ranch Out of Time.
- Players can no longer complete the Farming Daily Challenge early by gathering from an ill animal.
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- Players can no longer see other players inside pens on Anachronia dinosaur farm.
- patch 16 December 2019 (Update):
- A World Map and Minimap bank icon has been added to the bank chest on Anachronia Farm.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- hotfix 3 December 2019:
- Animal buyers' prices have been increased.
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- The Anachronia build tick message now appears when players visit the Ranch out of Time.
- Animal buyers will no longer hang around at the farm once they have all the animals they're after.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Alongside the update which released this farm, magic beans from the Farmers' Market were changed into supreme growth potions.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. "The Ranch Out of Time: Farming and Herblore 120." 5 October 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. "RuneFest 2019 - All the announcements!." 5 October 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ RuneScape Keynote (RuneFest 2019) - Archaeology, Elder God Wars Dungeon, Ranch Out of Time, etc. 7 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 1 June 2021.)
- ^ Archaeology, Ranch Out of Time, Farming & Herblore 120s, Elder GWD, etc - RuneFest Q&A (RuneScape). 9 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 1 June 2021.)
- ^ Player Owned Farm - Changes Blog. (Archived from the original on 1 June 2021.)