Rag and Bone Man wish list is a miniquest during which the player has to find additional bones for the Odd Old Man.
- None of the bone drops are 100%, but they are common.
- The bones you have and the bones you still need are listed on the wish list posted on the house north of the Odd Old Man, as well as in the main quest log for Rag and Bone Man.
- It is possible to hand in the collected bones in smaller batches. The Odd Old Man will kindly update the wish list, taking off the bones already submitted.
Below is the list of monsters that need to be killed to obtain all the bones (there are 27 total):
|Baby blue dragon
||Baby blue dragon bone
||Taverley Dungeon (need dusty key or 70 Agility for shortcut)
||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon after defeating the Basilisk boss
|Bat (giant bats do not drop bat wings)
||Near the Odd Old Man (make sure you get a bat wing, not batwing; the purple one is the hide, not the bone)
||Cave goblin skull
||Lumbridge Swamp Caves (cave goblin miners also work.)
||Lighthouse, Waterbirth Island Dungeon
||Under graves east of Fenkenstrain's Castle (requires the start of Creature of Fenkenstrain quest)
||Fire giant bone
||Waterfall Dungeon, Brimhaven Dungeon
||Myreque memorial site, north of Canifis
||Ice giant ribs
||Asgarnian Ice Dungeon, White Wolf Mountain, Chaos Tunnels, near the Wilderness Agility Course (not recommended)
||South-west of Nardah, next to the fairy ring north of Nardah (DLQ), the Kharidian Desert, east of the Bandit Camp lodestone
||Within the dungeon in central Karamja, just west of the Glider. Ardougne Zoo with Telekinetic Grab and ranging weapons or magic attacks (make sure you pick up the jogre bone not the jogre bones)
||Desert lizard bone
|Mogre (requires fishing explosive)
||Moss giant bone
||Varrock Sewers, west of the Fishing Guild, Crandor, Brimhaven Dungeon
||Feldip Hills, south of Yanille
||Miscellania, Tirannwn, Nature altar (bring telegrab + range), bunnies at the swaying tree near the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon drop rabbit bones, Lumbridge Crater. The rabbits in Burthorpe do not drop the bone
||Mainly found in sewers e.g. Misthalin underground, which is accessed via the trapdoor in Draynor Village. Rats can also be found skittering around and outside Lumbridge Castle
||Port Sarim docks
||Karamja, Kharidian Desert, Mos Le'Harmless
||Keldagrim entrance, Troll Country (mountain trolls also work)
||Undead cow ribs
||West of Ectofuntus
||North-west of Agility Pyramid in the Kharidian Desert, labelled on the world map
||Canifis (you cannot get the bones if you use wolfbane), or in the God Wars Dungeon
||Feldip Hills, White Wolf Mountain, Rellekka
||Jiggig (requires start of Zogre Flesh Eater; make sure you have the zogre bone not zogre Bones)
||Edgeville Dungeon, Draynor Sewers, Varrock Sewers, Stronghold of Security.
These monsters can be found in other places; listed are the most convenient spots.
- Travel method: Use the gnome glider to Gandius or fairy ring code DKP. If these are both not available, run from the Karamja lodestone to the east side of the island (outside the Shipyard).
- Travel method: Use the gnome glider to Sindarpos, or run up the mountain from Taverley lodestone.
- Recommended items: Invitation box for teleport to Paterdomus
- Travel method: Varrock teleport or lodestone. Rats, zombies and moss giants are located in the Varrock Sewers. Either use the Invitation box or run east of Varrock to the Odd Old Man to find bats.
- Required items: (Super) fishing explosive / (super) explosive shaker on tool belt
- Travel method: Use the Port Sarim lodestone and you will find Seagulls on the nearby docks. From there, travel south and look for the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon, where you will find ice giants. Travel south to reach the Mudskipper Point, home to the mogres. Alternatively, you can use fairy ring code AIQ for the latter two bones.
- Required items: Ice cooler / ice shaker on tool belt
- Recommended items: Waterskins / enchanted water tiara (not needed if the Crocodile Tears quest is completed)
- Travel method: Fairy ring DLQ to get to the Nardah hunting area. Alternatively, either take the magic carpet or run south-east from Shantay Pass. There are jackals and vultures west of Nardah bank. From there, run south to the eastern wall of Sophanem, where you will find the level 77 lizards (the lizards north of the fairy ring do not drop the bone). You need to use ice coolers on the lizards when their health is low.
- Recommended items: Ectophial
- Travel method: Canifis lodestone. Head to the graveyard to the north-west to find ghouls then travel south to find werewolves. If you don't want to attack a level 88 werewolf you can attack one of the level 24 citizens of Canifis with wolfbane and when they are almost dead switch to another weapon. Next, travel to Fenkenstrain's Castle and head under it by pushing memorials to the east to find experiments (see the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest guide). Finally, continue travelling east or use the ectophial to teleport to the ectofuntus and head west to the Port Phasmatys farm to find undead cows.
- Recommended items: Comp ogre bow and brutal arrows
- Travel method: Yanille lodestone. The ogres are slightly west, and zogres are to the south-west at Jiggig.
- Recommended items: Quick access to a fairy ring or charged ring of wealth, ring of slaying, mirror shield.
- Travel method: Go to Miscellania, quickest way is with the fairy ring code CIP, then ring of wealth/luck of the dwarves teleport to Miscellania, then the boat from Rellekka. Rabbits are among the maple trees. Alternatively, if The Fremennik Trials is not completed, the bunnies at the swaying tree near the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon drop the bone. Afterwards, head inside the Fremmennik Slayer Dungeon for the Basilisk.
- Travel method: At the Troll Stronghold, reachable by running west from Trollheim teleport, if available. Alternatively, in the tunnel with the entrance to Keldagrim, reachable by fairy ring code DKS or running east from Rellekka.
- Required items: Light source (preferably a bullseye lantern)
- Recommended items: Spiny helmet
- Travel method: Lumbridge lodestone. With a lantern, climb through the hole in the kitchen's cellar, and walk south and through the other hole. Go south towards the area full of rockslugs, then head east towards the goblins. Cave goblins are found at the far east of the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. You may also take the entrance in the main spot and find them, although you'll need a spiny helmet. You can also go there by following Kazgar in the hole in Lumbridge Cellar. He takes you to them.
- Required items: Dusty key or 70 Agility
- Recommended items: Anti-dragon shield or Antifire potion
- Travel method: Taverley lodestone. Run south from the lodestone and across the river to the steps leading into the Taverley Dungeon. If you have 70 Agility, click on the Obstacle pipe a few tiles north-east of the entrance. If you do not have 70 Agility, you will a Dusty key from Velrak the explorer, who is imprisoned in the Black Knight headquarters in the southern part of the dungeon. From the entrance, proceed north past multiple Zombies, then east past several Ghosts and Giant bats, proceed south through a room with several Magic Axes, continue following the path south until you reach a wooden bridge that leads to an area with a few Chaos dwarves. At this point, if you don't a Dusty Key, continue south and in the Black Knight headquarters and kill a level 39 Jailer in the eastern section of the headquarters for a Jail key to enter Velrak's cell. Enter Velrak's cell and ask if there are any good places to explore to receive the Dusty Key. If One Small Favour has been completed the Dusty Key can be added to the Steel key ring for future use. With the key now in your possession, leave the cell and go back to the wooden bridge from before. Cross the wooden bridge to the west then proceed north to pass another wooden bridge leading to an area with several Lesser demons. On the western wall of the section is a door that leads to the Baby blue dragon and Blue dragon area.
- After you have obtained all the bones, clean the bones using the same method used in the initial part of the quest.
- Give the cleaned bones to the Odd Old Man for your reward.
- The cleaning and submission of the bones to the Odd Old Man can be done in stages.
- After completing the wish list following the Rag and Bone Man quest, the list will have "Non-chafing Manacles" written on it. After completing the wish list following the Fur 'n Seek quest, you may speak to the Odd Old Man to get an explanation about this.
- Bone I Fired ( 10) – Defeat the Skeletal Horror whilst wielding Zanik's crossbow and using bone bolts.
- Skeletal Wishes ( 15) – Help the Odd Old Man complete his creepy tasks.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- The Rag and Bone Man wishlist will no longer tell the player that they have received 2 extra Squeal of Fortune spins.
- patch 2 April 2012 (Update):
- The Rag and Bone wishlist completion reward stated on the quest journal has been corrected.
- The Rag and Bone Man wish list used to reward one quest point, and completion was thus required to wear the quest point cape. This was changed on 11 August 2009.
- There used to be a glitch where if you checked your quest manual after completing the quest, it said "I gained a bonesack (or ram skull helmet) and 7,000 prayer experience!" This was not true. You only gained the 5,000 experience as listed above. This has been fixed by Jagex.