Rabbit (Player-owned farm)
Rabbits (also referred to as bunnies) are the first animals unlocked on the player-owned farm, and are given to the player by Granny Potterington during the tutorial. After the tutorial, they can be obtained through combat, hunting, and breeding. Starting the tutorial and raising rabbits requires at least level 17 in Farming and level 20 in Construction. Rabbits can be placed in the two small pens (capacity of six animals each) and in the breeding pen (capacity of four animals).
Rabbits may have up to three traits, which determine their selling price in beans to non-player characters, among other effects. Like all farm animals, they may be sold on the Grand Exchange in their unchecked form. Once they have been checked, however they may only be traded directly between players.
Perks[edit | edit source]
If an elder rabbit is placed in a pen with a farm totem, you will gain the "Like Rabbits" perk. Tier 1 of this perk increases breeding success by 7%. With a second elder rabbit in a separate pen with a farm totem, you will gain the Tier 2 version of the perk, which increases the boost to 10%.
Rabbit Breeds[edit | edit source]
There are four rabbit breeds in the breeding log:
- Common brown rabbit - Obtained during the tutorial and from killing rabbits, or by breeding.
- Rellekkan cream rabbit - Obtained by killing bunnies in the Fremennik Province near the swaying tree, or by breeding.
- Piscatorian cottontail rabbit - Obtained by hunting white rabbits in Piscatoris Hunter area, or by breeding.
- Jackalope - The "Shiny!" rabbit. Obtained by breeding rabbits with Sparkling, Glistening, or Radiant traits.
Animal stats[edit | edit source]
|Eats||Seeds, vegetables, fruits, flowers|
|Produce||Varies between breeds|
|5 minutes (25 hours)|
|Breeding success chance (%)||40%|
|N/A||12 minutes||21 minutes||27 minutes|
|Growth check Farming XP|
|Cured disease Farming XP|
|Base sell price in beans|
|Buyer||Myfi (rabbit buyer)|
|Last spawn(wrong?)||June 18 2019 00:00 UTC ago|
|Next spawn(wrong?)||June 19 2019 00:00 UTC|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit ( 10) – Fill both small pens with rabbits.
- Rabbitsworn ( 0) – Successfully breed a rabbit with the Ravensworn trait.
- You Had a Rabbit ( 0) – Complete all rabbit breeds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Any new rabbits you breed will now be bankable and tradeable. There were some very strange cases where if you kept your original tutorial rabbits in the breeding pen, then a majority of other bred rabbits would be classed as tutorial ones and therefore not bankable and tradeable. Apologies, but this fix will only tend to new rabbits. You'll have to sell any other untradeable ones you might have in a pen to the Rabbit buyer.
- Rabbits killed in the Elf Lands will now only drop Common brown rabbits (rather than a chance at Rellekkan ones).