Rabbit (Player-owned farm)
Rabbits (also referred to as bunnies) are livestock that can be raised and bred at the player-owned farm, and are given to the player by Granny Potterington during the tutorial. After the tutorial, they can be obtained through combat, hunting, and breeding. Starting the tutorial and raising rabbits requires at least level 17 in Farming, as well level 20 in Construction in order to build the small pens. Rabbits can be placed in the two small pens (capacity of six animals each) and in the breeding pen (capacity of four animals).
In total there are 4 different breeds including the shiny jackalope.
Like all farm animals, they may have up to three traits, which determine their selling price in beans to non-player characters, among other effects, and can be sold on the Grand Exchange in their unchecked form. Once they have been checked, however they may only be traded directly between players or sold to Myfi, the rabbit buyer. Twelve can be sold each day.
Perks[edit | edit source]
If an elder rabbit is placed in a pen with a farm totem, players will gain the "Like Rabbits" perk. Tier 1 of this perk increases breeding success by 7%. With a second elder rabbit in a separate pen with a farm totem, players will gain the Tier 2 version of the perk, which increases the boost to 10%.
Rabbit breeds[edit | edit source]
There are four rabbit breeds in the breeding log.
|Breed||Obtaining[b 1]||Produce[b 2]||Produce GE price|
|Common brown rabbit||N/A||N/A|
|Rellekkan cream rabbit||N/A||N/A|
|Piscatorian cottontail rabbit||N/A||N/A|
||2 rabbit teeth (63)||126|
Animal stats[edit | edit source]
|Eats||Seeds, vegetables, fruits, flowers|
|Produce||Varies between breeds|
|5 minutes (25 hours)|
|Breeding success chance (%)||40%|
|N/A||12 minutes||21 minutes||27 minutes|
|Growth check Farming XP|
|Cured disease Farming XP|
|Base sell price in beans|
|Buyer||Myfi (rabbit buyer)|
|Last spawn(wrong?)||September 15 2019 00:00 UTC ago|
|Next spawn(wrong?)||September 16 2019 00:00 UTC|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit ( 10) – Fill both small pens with rabbits.
- Rabbitsworn ( 0) – Successfully breed a rabbit with the Ravensworn trait.
- You Had a Rabbit ( 0) – Complete all rabbit breeds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Any new rabbits you breed will now be bankable and tradeable. There were some very strange cases where if you kept your original tutorial rabbits in the breeding pen, then a majority of other bred rabbits would be classed as tutorial ones and therefore not bankable and tradeable. Apologies, but this fix will only tend to new rabbits. You'll have to sell any other untradeable ones you might have in a pen to the Rabbit buyer.
- Rabbits killed in the Elf Lands will now only drop Common brown rabbits (rather than a chance at Rellekkan ones).