The Quest List, also called the Quest Journal, is a panel of the game interface. This journal shows the complete list of quests. Since 19 September 2012, the list was located in the Noticeboard, but it has since been moved to the Adventures tab.
Sorting feature[edit | edit source]
On 25 February 2009, the Quest List was upgraded with the sorting feature, and on 26 November 2013, options were added. The ability to sort the list by length was added on 4 December 2017. On 11 February 2019, more sorting options were added, including the ability to sort by timeline, combat difficulty, starting area, release date, or quest series. The sorting feature enables members to sort quests based on:
- Combat Difficulty
- Release Date
Area[edit | edit source]
Groups quests by their starting area in rough order of increasing difficulty.
- Wizards' Tower
- Port Sarim & Rimmington
- Falador & Entrana
- Varrock Outskirts
- Silvarea & Paterdomus
- Al Kharid
- Kharidian Desert
- Menaphos & Sophanem
- Port Phasmatys
- Seers' Village
- Fremennik Province
- Fremennik Isles
- Gnome Village
- Gnome Stronghold
- Kandarin North-West
- Kandarin West
- Kandarin North
- Ardougne Zoo
- Kandarin South
- Feldip Hills
- TzHaar City
Free/Members[edit | edit source]
Separates quests available to free players from those available to members, displayed in alphabetical order.
Progress[edit | edit source]
The list is coloured-coded based on the progress made in each quest:
- Yellow (In progress)
- Green (Complete)
- Red (Not started)
- Aqua (Marked on map)
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
The list is sorted based on the difficulty of each quest:
- Special (Recipe for Disaster and Dimension of Disaster have multiple subquests and therefore multiple difficulties)
Combat Difficulty[edit | edit source]
Groups quests based on the combat level of enemies encountered during the quest. This does *not* necessarily mean recommended player combat level and actual difficulty of the quest.
- Combat level 1
- Combat level 2-3
- Combat level 4-5
- Combat level 6-9
- Combat Level scaled
- Combat level 10-19
- Combat level 20-29
- Combat level 30-39
- Combat level 40-49
- Combat level 50-59
- Combat level 60-69
- Combat level 70-79
- Combat level 80-89
- Combat level 90-99
- Combat level 100-109
- Combat level 110-119
- Combat level 120-129
- Combat level 130-139
- Combat level 140-149
- Combat level 150-159
- Combat level 160-169
- Combat level 170-179
- Combat level 200+
Length[edit | edit source]
The list is sorted based on the estimated time taken to finish the quest. Within each category, quests are listed in alphabetical order.
- Short to Medium
- Medium to Long
- Long to Very Long
- Very Long
- Very, Very Long
Release Date[edit | edit source]
Groups quests by their year of release and sorts them by their exact release date.
Ages[edit | edit source]
This list groups quests by the age they take place in. Quests within each category are sorted by their release date.
- Fifth Age
- Sixth Age
Timeline[edit | edit source]
Quests are listed with rough chronology and their difficulty in mind and divided into several groups representing player character's path in the world.
- World Guardian
Series[edit | edit source]
Quests are grouped by quest series they belong to in rough chronological order. Due to the technical limitations quests are assigned to only one series even if they are considered to belong to more than one.
- Temple Knight
- Odd Old Man
- Elemental Workshop
- Enchanted Key
- Cave Goblin
- Wise Old Man
- Void Knight
- Dwarf (Red Axe)
- Elf (Prifddinas)
- Return of the Gods
- Sliske's Endgame
Filters[edit | edit source]
Quest list features three filters that allow to hide quests that are not relevant for the player at certain stage. At the top of the quest list are three checkboxes, "Hide done", "Recommended" and "Can complete".
- Hide done - hides already completed quests. If all quests in certain subcategory have been completed, the title of that subcategory is hidden as well.
- Recommended - displays quests that are recommended to players due to their usefulness or quality. All quests released since 2012 are qualified as recommended.
- Can complete - hides quests that players cannot complete due to missing certain requirements. This does not include membership requirement for free players.
Previously, instead of "Recommended" and "Can complete", Quest List featured filters called "Filter 1", "Filter 2". Clicking on "Filter 1" allowed players to view all quests which were not otherwise filtered, or only view the recommended quests for their levels. By clicking on "Filter 2", the quests that players did not have the requirements to complete were sorted out of the list.
When filtering feature was first introduced, players were unaware of the changes made to the Quest List, and noticed that some quests were missing from their list. This could be fixed by unchecking the filtering options, as the default setting was to filter quests that players were unable to start.
Set Active[edit | edit source]
In the Quest interface (Overview or Quest Journal), the player may choose to make the current quest the "active quest". This means that, as far as possible, the minimap and world map will be highlighted in the next locations that the quest requires. If the player has not yet started the quest that has been activated, the map highlight will indicate the quest starting location.
Quest points[edit | edit source]
At the bottom of the journal, the number of quest points obtained out of the total amount possible is displayed.
Journal[edit | edit source]
Clicking on a quest name shows a Quest Overview (for quests that haven't been started) or quest journal (for quests in progress or finished). Depending of quest progress the quest journal contains a list of requirements and information about starting the quest or a summary of what the player has already done in the quest and how to progress further with list of rewards upon completion. Overview includes the following informations at all times:
- How and where to start the quest
- The required and recommended quests, skill and combat levels, and items
- Informations about quest series (including which quest it is in the series), age the quest is set in, difficulty, combat warnings and estimated length
- Depending on the quest a note about voice-acting and being set in the past (Fifth Age)
Useful Journals[edit | edit source]
After completing certain quests, the Quest journal will give new information.
- Buyers and Cellars - Shows the log and rewards of completed Capers (the same as a normal quest) and the requirements of the next Caper.
- The Fremennik Trials - Shows your Fremennik name.
- The Hand in the Sand - Tells you when you can collect sand from Bert again.
- Tears of Guthix - Countdown until players are allowed to access to the D&D again.
- Rag and Bone Man - See the Wishlist following the quest. Also shows which bones you have in your bank or inventory and how prepared they are.
- Fur 'n Seek - See the wish list following the quest. Also shows which bones you have in your bank or inventory and how prepared they are. Also, if both the Rag and Bone Man and Fur 'n Seek wishlists are complete, when you can next fight the Skeletal Horror
- Wanted! - See your current White Knight rank.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Quest journal now states that the High Priest of Sophanem can be found in the southern part of town.
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- Removed a duplicate level requirement in the quest journal]] for Perils of Ice Mountain.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Helping Laniakea (miniquest) is now placed in the correct order under 'Release Date' in the quest list.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with Quest Journal that was causing issues in Java.
- Requirements to fight in the Dominion tower now sync correctly with the quest list.
- patch 25 February 2019 (Update):
- Beneath Cursed Tides, Let Them Eat Pie and Perils of Ice Mountain are once again correctly classified as F2P in the quest list.
- The headings in the Combat Difficulty quest sort have been changed from "Combat level" to "NPC combat level" to clarify that the quests are sorted by NPC combat level, rather than player combat level.
- patch 11 February 2019 (Update):
- The quest list can now be sorted by:
- the area where you start the quest. (eg Lumbridge, Draynor, etc.)
- release date. Within a year they are listed in the order they were released.
- fifth/sixth/ambiguous age. Within an age they are listed in the order they were released.
- combat difficulty. (Into bands of highest NPC combat level.)
- quest series. (Myreque, Pirate, etc.) They're in approximate chronological order.
- timeline. (For those that want to complete the quests in roughly chronological order (5th age before 6th age, banded by difficulty).
- The quest list now displays names in proper alphabetical order to match their position in the list. eg "Lost Tribe, The" instead of "The Lost Tribe".
- Missing quest list entries for the Recipe for Disaster subquests have been added. These are hidden in the quest list anyway, but it allows them to be referenced by other systems eg achievements.
- The quest journal now has next and previous buttons to cycle through previously viewed quests.
- The quest list can now be sorted by:
- patch 24 September 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue on the French translation of the game that was causing a crash. Quest linking (clicking a prerequisite quest from within the journal of another) is disabled from within the quest journal for certain quests.
- ninja 6 November 2017 (Update):
- A quest accept interface has been added to various quests. (Click here to view the list)
- Sixth Age quests are now marked in the quest journal, with similar messaging to Fifth Age quests.
- Several "agnostic" quests have been re-categorised as Fifth Age quests.
- The quest list now has an option to categorise quests into Fifth/Sixth Age.
- The Progress category in the quest list now displays Completed quests at the bottom of the list instead of the middle.
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Quest requirements on the quest information screen in the quest journal will now link to the appropriate required quest when clicked on.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- Enakhra's Lament now displays the correct requirements for Prayer and Magic in the quest journal.
- A typo in the quest journal for One Piercing Note has been fixed.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Corrected a reference to the "ranger" skill in the Animal Magnetism quest journal.
- ninja 15 August 2016 (Update):
- The Quest List may now be used as a smaller child window. Each quest opens the relevant entry on the parent interface as usual.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Corrected King of the Dwarves quest journal to state correct enemy level.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- patch 19 January 2015 (Update):
- The quest start screens of the Between a Rock... and Lost City quests have been updated to reflect combat level calculation changes.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- While Guthix Sleeps no longer specifically shows 65 Defence as a requirement, as it is already required by a pre-requisite quest.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The quest journals of the these quests have been updated to reflect combat level calculation changes.
- Nature spirit now correctly states the quest start location.
- patch 26 August 2014 (Update):
- The scrolling position of the quest journal interface now resets when switching quests to ensure the journal doesn't appear to be blank.
- patch 9 February 2011 (Update):
- Dream Mentor is now correctly filtered out of the quest list when a player has a combat level lower than 85.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a discrepancy between the Mourning's Ends quest journals after you've finished part one.
- Corrected the Blood Runs Deep quest journal to use the base stat rather than current stat when striking through requirements.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Updated part of the Quest Journal core code.
- Added a bit more information to the Waterfall quest journal.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Corrected the striking of a few requirements in the Horror from the Deep quest.
- Corrected the quest category for Hunt for Red Raktuber when sorting by difficulty in the Quest Journal.
- patch 8 April 2009 (Update):
- Fixed some colouring issues in the Grim Tales quest journal.
- Fixed an issue with the Great Brain Robbery quest journal not always showing.
- Post-quest information for Perils of Ice Mountain listed the NPCs the wrong way around.
- patch 1 April 2009 (Update):
- The quest list sorting feature now correctly handles members who become free players.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The Sea Slug quest journal has been changed to clarify certain parts.
- The Thieving requirement will now be crossed out on The Feud quest journal if you have the appropriate level.
- The level 20 Strength recommendation for Zogre Flesh Eaters has been added to the quest journal.
- The Holy Grail quest journal now lists the requirement to be able to wield Excalibur (level 20 Attack).
- patch 10 February 2009 (Update):
- The Heroes’ Quest and Haunted Mine quest journals are a little more helpful regarding requirements.
- The Underground Pass quest journal is no longer completely blank at a certain state.
- patch 27 January 2009 (Update):
- Modified the Wanted! quest journal to better point you in the right direction.
- Fixed an issue with the Garden of Tranquillity quest.
See also[edit | edit source]