|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
• Check charge
|Examine||An ancient pylon, used to power the shield dome surrounding Kharid-et.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
The pylons are two objects found at the main fortress at the Kharid-et Dig Site.
When fully charged, the pylon provides the Protection of Zaros buff, which gives an additional 10% Archaeology experience, a 5% increase to your mattock's precision, and access to the Shadow Realm. These effects only apply inside the Kharid-et fortress and are lost if the player leaves, although they are reapplied upon re-entry.
While in the Shadow Realm it is possible to claim the reward from the ghost legionaries without needing a ring of visibility. This only applies to the legionaries corresponding to the shadow anchors the player has activated. If the player has not activated any of the shadow anchors then a fully charged pylon will not make the ghost legionaries appear, preventing the player from skipping the activation of the anchors and claiming rewards prematurely.
Excavating at Kharid-et while a pylon is at 100% charge is required to complete the achievement Warm Glow.
Charging[edit | edit source]
Each pylon battery adds 0.001% to the total charge and the total charge of the pylon is increased by all users in all worlds as a combined effort, including ironman accounts. Each pylon battery awards experience scaled to the player's Archaeology level. A 10% boost to experience is awarded if the player contributes 10-99 pylon batteries, and a 20% boost is given for contributing over 100 batteries at once. A single player cannot contribute more than 1% charge (1000 batteries) to the pylon in a single contribution, regardless of the number of batteries contributed.
Active pylon effects[edit | edit source]
- A +5% excavation precision
- A boost of +10% experience across the dig site
- An increased chance to obtain tetracompass pieces and complete tomes
- A 1/1,000,000 chance of finding a random piece of the Inquisitor's staff (Inquisitor's staff ornament, Inquisitor's staff rod, or Inquisitor's staff censer) at any excavation hotspot and material cache within Kharid-et. (when the pylon is inactive, such pieces can only be obtained within the praetorium)
- A 10% increased chance of finding a random piece of the Inquisitor's staff within the praetorium (which can award the pieces at all times).
- Access to the local Shadow Realm, allowing players to claim the reward from the ghost legionaries without needing a ring of visibility.
While the pylon is active, it is not possible to receive pylon batteries, although they can still be used on the pylon for experience. Doing so does not extend the duration of the pylon event.
Inquisitor staff pylon effects[edit | edit source]
The table below indicates how the drop chance for Inquisitor staff pieces are affected by the pylon:
|Level||Spot||Drop chance for a random piece ||Drop chance for a specific piece|
|Pylon inactive||Pylon active||Pylon inactive||Pylon active|
|Any||Any spot within Kharid-et||N/A||1/1,000,000||N/A||1/3,000,000|
|107||Ancient magick munitions||1/100,000||1/90,909||1/300,000||1/272,727|
|118||War table debris||1/50,000||1/45,454||1/150,000||1/136,363|
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape Data in 2020 - Weekly Highlight (April 2020). 4 May 2020.*
- ^ Jagex. Drop Rates: Inquisitor's Staff Pieces. 4 May 2020. (Archived from the original on 28 September 2020.)