|Release||22 November 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|This is a stackable plank that will act like any type of plank you need within the Construction skill.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
They cannot be used in clockwork toys or banners, to upgrade the pig machine under Falador farm, to build rope racks, nor to repair the ladder to the Death Plateau beacon in the All Fired Up minigame.
They can be used to construct frames for grapevine seeds.
Protean logs can be turned into protean planks at any sawmill at the cost of 5 coins for each plank.
Protean planks, as with all protean items, can be converted at a 3:2 ratio into other protean items.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Large protean pack||N/A||300||Always|
|Medium protean pack||N/A||150||Always|
|Shiny four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||500||Common|
|Shiny three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||500||Common|
|Shiny two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||500||Common|
|Small protean pack||N/A||75||Always|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, if making flatpacks, production did not stop when the player's inventory was filled. Excess flatpacks were dropped. This was changed in an update on 26 November 2014.
- Prior to 3 May 2016, protean planks could be produced on portable sawmills.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 29 May 2018 (Update):
- Protean planks are now consistently used as crafting materials when using a clockmaker's bench (crafting table) inside a player-owned house.
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Protean planks no longer make and drop an extra flatpack when your inventory is full.
- patch 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Protean planks no longer make and drop an extra flatpack when the player's inventory is full.