|Release||22 November 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|This is a stackable plank that will act like any type of plank you need within the Construction skill.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
When used for flatpacks, each plank takes 4.8 seconds to process (3.6 seconds with a protean powerup).
If protean planks and other plank types (including any planks in a plank box) are in the inventory, the other plank types are used before the protean planks.
They cannot be used:
- in clockwork toys
- to create banners
- to upgrade the pig machine under Falador farm,
- to build rope racks,
- to repair the ladder to the Death Plateau beacon in the All Fired Up minigame.
- nor to rebuild Edgeville in the Rebuilding Edgeville miniquest.
They can be used to construct frames for grapevine seeds.
Protean logs can be turned into protean planks at any sawmill at the cost of 5 coins for each plank.
The most cost-effective use of protean planks is to treat them as stackable mahogany planks, and make items such as mahogany tables, flotsam prawnbrokers or Mahogany armchairs or Mahogany flatpacks. This can be done in front of Advisor Ghrim in Miscellania with a portable workbench and the flatpacks given to him. The coins can then be withdrawn from Advisor Ghrim or used to finance the kingdom activities.
Protean planks, as with all protean items, can be converted at a 3:2 ratio into other protean items.
The xp given per plank is dependent on the type of plank it replaced when used:
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Double Dragon Chests||N/A||10||630000/64393560|
|Double Dragon Chests||N/A||1,000||12600/64393560|
|Double Dragon Chests||N/A||150||157500/64393560|
|Double Dragon Chests||N/A||300||44100/64393560|
|Double Dragon Chests||N/A||75||315000/64393560|
|Huge protean pack||N/A||1,000||Always|
|Large protean pack||N/A||300||Always|
|Loot Rooms Regular and multiplier chests||N/A||10||630000/64393560|
|Loot Rooms Regular and multiplier chests||N/A||100||157500/64393560|
|Loot Rooms Regular and multiplier chests||N/A||200||44100/64393560|
|Loot Rooms Regular and multiplier chests||N/A||50||315000/64393560|
|Loot Rooms Regular and multiplier chests||N/A||750||12600/64393560|
|Medium protean pack||N/A||150||Always|
|Shiny four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||500||Common|
|Shiny three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||500||Common|
|Shiny two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||500||Common|
|Small protean pack||N/A||75||Always|
|Smouldering vs Supernova||N/A||10||290000/32200000|
|Smouldering vs Supernova||N/A||1,000||5800/32200000|
|Smouldering vs Supernova||N/A||150||72500/32200000|
|Smouldering vs Supernova||N/A||300||20300/32200000|
|Smouldering vs Supernova||N/A||75||145000/32200000|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 August 2020 (Update):
- Constructing flatpacks with protean planks will now correctly consider how much Inventory space is left.
- patch 29 May 2018 (Update):
- Protean planks are now consistently used as crafting materials when using a clockmaker's bench (crafting table) inside a player-owned house.
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Protean planks no longer make and drop an extra flatpack when your inventory is full.
- patch 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Protean planks no longer make and drop an extra flatpack when the player's inventory is full.
- patch 31 March 2014 (Update):
- The destroy message for protean planks has been updated to reference Treasure Hunter.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although there have been multiple patches as late as August 2020 addressing the issue, as of February 2021 if you craft more flatpacks with protean planks than you have inventory space on a portable workbench then one will be dropped on the ground and you will receive a red message that says "Your inventory is full. The flatpack you created has been dropped on the ground."