|Release date||6 February 2017 (Update)|
|Allows you to find clue scrolls whilst skilling and a 1% chance for elite clues found this way to be upgraded to master.|
This perk has an increased chance to activate on level 20 items.
|Infobox • Talk page|
Prosper is an Invention perk that provides a chance to find clue scrolls while training skills. It can be created in tool gizmos. The chance of obtaining a clue scroll differs depending on the skill that is trained.
Prosper has a chance of triggering whenever experience is gained in one of the skills listed below, and so to trigger this perk most frequently the method that grants the quickest experience drops should be chosen. Different skills have different chances of granting a clue scroll (see Drop rate). Smithing offers both the greatest chance at rolling a clue and has the fastest experience drops (once every two ticks).
The Prosper perk can still trigger while training even if the player has reached the soft cap of clue scrolls of a certain tier, which is 25 or 50 clue scrolls, depending on whether the clue capacity upgrade has been purchased. If the player's inventory is full when the perk triggers, the clue scroll will be dropped to the floor.
When the perk triggers, it prompts the message: Your Prosper perk allows you to find a new treasure trail: Sealed clue scroll ([difficulty])
Drop rate[edit | edit source]
Rolling a clue[edit | edit source]
Prosper rolls whenever experience is gained in the following skills. The chance for Prosper to activate for each skill is as follows:
|Skill||Chance||Chance (level 20)[c 1]|
- ^ If the equipment level of an augmented item is level 20.
Clue tier[edit | edit source]
When Prosper activates, the chance to obtain a specific tier of a clue scroll is as follows:
|Tier||Chance (simplified)[t 1]||Chance (specific)|
- ^ The chance of receiving either an elite or master clue scroll is 7/20. There is a 1% chance of receiving a master clue scroll instead of an elite clue scroll. The combined elite/master chance is shown in the first chance column for simplicity, then listed individually for the specific chance of each in the next column.
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
|Standard gizmo||Ancient gizmo|
Suggested gizmos[edit | edit source]
|Gizmo layout||Possible perks||Approx costs|
|With level 1 invention (and no higher), chance of only prosper is over 95%.|
Open in calculator: Tool
Open in calculator: Tool
|Chance increases with and level 120. Chance for Honed 6, Prosper is 18.69% or 1/5.35 chance.|
|Chance increases with and level 120. Chance for Furnace 4, Prosper is 58.24% or 1/1.71.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
- The Prosper perk from the Invention skill now states which level of clue you obtain when it activates.
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- The Prosper perk text now mentions the chance to get a Master Clue scroll.
- patch 20 March 2017 (Update):
- Unfiltered the message received when acquiring a clue scroll via the Prosper perk.
- patch 13 February 2017 (Update):
- The chance of the Prosper perk giving a clue scroll is now doubled.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Ryan. Prosper Perk. reddit.com. 6 February 2017. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2021.) "It sounds like luck isn't in your favour. The rates aren't that high, but they do differ depending on the skill that you train. It's worth noting that your chances are not increased if you already own any clue scrolls. As an example, if it tries to give you an easy clue but you already own one then it'll stop there."
|Energy drain reduction|