|Release date||6 February 2017 (Update)|
|Allows you to find clue scrolls whilst skilling and a 1% chance for elite clues found this way to be upgraded to master.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Prosper is an Invention perk that gives a chance to obtain clue scrolls while training skills. It can be created in tool gizmos. The chance of obtaining a clue scroll differs depending on the skill that you train.
Prosper has a skill-dependent chance of triggering whenever experience is gained in one of the skills listed below, and so to trigger this perk most frequently the skilling method that grants the quickest experience drops should be chosen. Different skills have different chances of granting a clue scroll (see Drop rate). As Smithing offers both the greatest chance at rolling a clue and has the fastest experience drops (once every two ticks), it is the optimal skill to use alongside Prosper.
The prosper perk can still trigger while training even if you have reached the soft cap of clues of a certain tier. Normally when obtaining clue scrolls (for example in combat) you won't be able to get more than 25 or 50 clues scrolls of a certain tier, depending on whether the clue capacity upgrade has been purchased. If your inventory is full when the perk triggers, the clue scroll will be dropped to the floor.
When the perk triggers, it prompts the message:
Drop rate[edit | edit source]
Rolling a clue[edit | edit source]
Prosper rolls whenever experience is gained in the following skills. The drop rate for a Prosper activation for each skill is as follows:
|Skill||Chance||Chance (level 20)[c 1]|
Clue tier[edit | edit source]
When Prosper activates, you'll be given a random clue, with the chances listed below:
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
|Standard gizmo||Ancient gizmo|
Suggested gizmos[edit | edit source]
|Gizmo layout||Possible perks|
|Chance increases with and level 120. Chance for Honed 6, Prosper is 18.69% or 1/5.35 chance.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
- The Prosper perk from the Invention skill now states which level of clue you obtain when it activates.
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- The Prosper perk text now mentions the chance to get a Master Clue scroll.
- patch 20 March 2017 (Update):
- Unfiltered the message received when acquiring a clue scroll via the Prosper perk.
- patch 13 February 2017 (Update):
- The chance of the Prosper perk giving a clue scroll is now doubled.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Ryan. Prosper Perk. reddit.com. 6 February 2017. "It sounds like luck isn't in your favour. The rates aren't that high, but they do differ depending on the skill that you train. It's worth noting that your chances are not increased if you already own any clue scrolls. As an example, if it tries to give you an easy clue but you already own one then it'll stop there."*