Profound decorative equipment
Profound decorative equipment is a reward from the Castle Wars minigame. While equipped with the platebody, platelegs, and shield while in a game of Castle Wars, you get a 25% bonus [source needed] to all damage dealt on players, a 10% bonus to all damage dealt on barricades and ballista, and immunity to all catapult and ballista damage. The set requires 80 Defence to equip and has armour bonuses equal to level 70 armour.
Just like all of the other types of Castle Wars armour, using only the platebody and platelegs and a two-handed weapon does increase damage by the full amount. The damage bonus works as follows: wearing any one piece gives +10% damage, wearing two gives +15%, and wearing the full set gives 25%. However, unequipping the shield will make you vulnerable to catapult and ballista fire.
To buy this full set would cost/sells for 4,150 gold tickets, which, assuming every game is won, would take 2,075 matches and 795.4 hours. Another method of obtaining this armour is to buy it with thaler. The entire set costs 47,725 thaler. It would take 238,625 minutes (3,977 hours) of minigames, or 11,932 games of Castle Wars (excluding spotlight) to earn enough thaler to buy the full set. On spotlight, it will take 795.4 hours to get 47,725 thaler. If players can guarantee that they can win every castle wars game, it will take them less time to get a full set of profound armour by playing castle wars outside of spotlight than playing a spotlighted minigame because the former also gives thaler but at a lower rate of one thaler per five minutes.
- Helmet - 650 tickets or 7475 thaler
- Chestplate - 1100 tickets or 12650 thaler
- Platelegs - 800 tickets or 9200 thaler
- Sword - 800 tickets or 9200 thaler
- Shield - 800 tickets or 9200 thaler
In the event that a player intends to purchase the full set using a mixture of gold tickets and thaler, the following table shows possible combinations and their associated costs:
Where H is Helmet, C is Chestplate, and O is any of the other three pieces.
Components and bonuses[edit | edit source]
The armour set (shield included) have stats equal to tier 70 armour, but in all 3 combat styles. The sword is equal to an adamant longsword. The armour does not offer any armour stats but it still offers some PvE and PvP damage reduction outside of Castle Wars.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- How Many Games? ( 70) – Show a full set of profound armour to Lanthus.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- The Profound Decorative Set will now remain unchanged when stored in the Armour case.
- patch 20 July 2020 (Update):
- Profound equipment can now be banked from the Equipped menu without issues.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- Players can now complete the profound decorative armour trimmed Completionist Cape requirement if their helmet is overridden.
- patch 4 January 2011 (Update):
- Fixed decorative platelegs stretching during certain animations and clipping with skillcapes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Talking to Lanthus while wearing this armour used to be a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.