Produce (Player-owned farm)
Produce is received every time an animal grows. At each growth stage beyond that starting stage, the player can gather from the animal for items and Farming experience. What is gathered from animals varies between each animal, as well as sometimes between specific breeds and genders of an animal.
Unlike with collecting produce from crops, animal produce does not replenish. Produce can only be collected once per growth stage. The experience from harvesting is affected by bonus experience, but it is not doubled during Double XP Live. It will fill farming urns and unstable and erratic effigies and use up bonus experience stored within both advanced pulse cores and cinder cores. If an animal is shiny, it will provide an additional 10% experience. Chickens, spiders, and dragons growing from egg to child stage award experience, but not produce. The icon is displayed over each animal when this has grown a stage and has produce to be gathered if the upgrade has been purchased from the Farmers' Market and then toggled on via Granny Potterington.
If the animal is unhealthy or unhappy, the XP received will be reduced, down to a minimum of 10% of the normal XP. It is recommended to make sure animals that give large amounts of XP are at full health and happiness before produce is gathered, otherwise the XP gains can be greatly reduced.
Manor Farm[edit | edit source]
|Egg to child||Child to adolescent||Adolescent to adult||Adult to elder||Total experience to elder||XP/hr of growth[d 1]|
|Rabbit||N/A||50||87.5||112.5||250||250||2 rabbit teeth[d 2]|
1 rabbit foot (rare)[d 2]
|Rooster[d 3]||125||187.5||375||562.5||1,250||300||10 feather|
|Hen[d 3]||10 feather[d 4]|
20 swamp tar[d 4]
|Chinchompa[d 5]||N/A||3,000||5,250||6,750||15,000||357||10 chinchompa or skillchompa[d 6]|
2 chinchompa residue
|Sheep||N/A||125||218.75||281.25||625||312.5||3 wool[d 8]|
|Spider[d 3]||1,000||1,500||3,000||4,500||10,000||400||2 spider fangs|
3 spider silk
2 spider venom[d 9]
|Zygomite||N/A||8,000||14,000||18,000||40,000||476||2 zygomite fruits|
2 mort myre fungus[d 10]
2-4 mycelial webbing[d 11]
3 morchella mushroom spores[d 12]
|Bull||N/A||500||875||1,125||2,500||416.5||2 bull horns[d 13]|
1 cowhide[d 13]
1 bucket of milk[d 14]
|Yak||N/A||6,500||11,375||14,625||32,500||485||2 yak milk[d 15]|
2 yak tufts[d 16]
1 yak hide
1 sealed clue scroll[d 17]
|Dragon[d 3]||10,000||15,000||30,000||45,000||100,000||595||2 dragonhide[d 18]|
1 draconic visage[d 19][d 20]
- ^ Each stage of growth has the same xp/hr of growth rate. Later stages of growth have longer wait times and bigger experience drops, but the rate per hour is the same.
- ^ a b From rellekkan cream rabbits, piscatorian cottontail rabbits, and jackalopes.
- ^ a b c d Animals do not give items on the first growth stage if they come from an egg.
- ^ a b Lizard chickens provide 20 swamp tar instead of 10 feathers.
- ^ When unstable or nuclear chinchompas or skillchompas explode, they grant all potential remaining experience and produce at once.
- ^ Chinchompa or skillchompa of the respective breed: grey, red, cobalt, viridian, azure, crimson, or crystal skillchompa. See Chinchompa (Player-owned farm) for produce comparison.
- ^ Only golden chinchompas; this replaces the usual 10 chinchompas or skillchompas
- ^ 3 Wool of the respective breed: black, summerdown, springsheared, winterwold, fallfaced, or normal wool. Golden sheep give one of each seasonal sheep wool for four in total.
- ^ From fever, giant, corpse, ice, and araxyte spiders.
- ^ From gloomshroom, daemoncap, arcspore and magical zygomites.
- ^ Two from zanarian zygomites, three from daemoncap and arcspore zygomites, and four from magical zygomites.
- ^ From zanarian zygomites.
- ^ a b Male Harlequin (Shiny) Cows provide no produce at all and display a female cow model while still breeding as bulls. This is likely unintended however.
- ^ Milk of the respective cow breed: chocolatey, strawberry, vanilla, or plain milk. Harlequin cows provide one of any of the four types or no milk at all at each growth stage
- ^ Only from female Fremennik yaks.
- ^ Only from spirit yaks.
- ^ Sacred yaks only
- ^ Dragonhide of the respective colored dragon: green, blue, red, black, or royal dragonhide.
- ^ As a rare gathered produce from a royal dragon.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 27 September 2018. (Archived from the original on 30 October 2019.)
Anachronia Dinosaur Farm[edit | edit source]
|Egg to child||Child to adolescent||Adolescent to adult||Adult to elder||Total XP to elder||xp/hr of growth[a 1]|
|Frog||500||750||1,500||2,250||5,000||416.67||15 poison slime (2,850)|
|Salamander||3,000||4,500||9,000||13,500||30,000||375||85 swamp tar (14,110)|
|Jadinko||3,000||4,500||9,000||13,500||30,000||441.18||15 vine[a 2] or 15 plant teeth[a 3]|
|Varanusaur||5,500||8,250||16,500||24,750||55,000||500||Feral/Ripper dinosaurs: 60 Dinosaur claws(330,480) or 60 poison slime (11,400) – mean:170,940|
|Brutish dinosaur||11,000||16,500||33,000||49,500||110,000||611.11||40 Spark chitin (25,040)|
|Arcane apoterrasaur||10,500||15,750||31,500||47,250||105,000||599.66||40 Beak snot (41,920)|
|Spicati apoterrasaur||13,000||19,500||39,000||58,500||130,000||650||50 Beak snot (41,920)|
|Oculi apoterrasaur||16,100||24,150||48,300||74,250||162,800||670.83||65 Beak snot (68,120)|
|Scimitops||12,500||18,000||35,500||54,000||120,000||631.58||50 Spark chitin (31,300)|
|Asciatops||14,000||21,000||42,000||63,000||140,000||650.86||65 Spark chitin (40,690)|
|Malletops||17,500||26,250||52,500||78,750||175,000||700||85 Spark chitin (53,210)|
|Bagrada rex||12,500||18,750||37,500||56,250||125,000||640.7||50 Bottled dinosaur roar (474,050)|
|Corbicula rex||15,000||22,500||45,000||67,500||150,000||666.37||65 Bottled dinosaur roar (616,265)|
|Pavosaurus rex||19,000||28,500||57,000||85,500||190,000||716.71||85 Bottled dinosaur roar (805,885)|
- ^ Each stage of growth has the same xp/hr of growth rate. Later stages of growth have longer wait times and bigger xp drops, but the rate per hour is the same.
- ^ 15 vines of the respective breed: aquatic, oily (amphibious), striped (camouflaged), pungent (carrion), withered (common), corrupt (diseased), draconic, marble (igneous), or shadow.
- ^ Cannibal jadinkos only.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Selecting gather produce with right-click in player owned farm will now correctly update the button state.
- Players can no longer complete the Farming Daily Challenge early by gathering from an ill animal.
- update 16 September 2019 (Update):
- Various changes made to address complaints listed in the Player Owned Farm - Changes Blog.
- Harvest XP has been reduced by 50%.
- Animal XP is now based on their health and happiness.
- This is to encourage players to engage with their farm more actively. Now the happiness and health of the animals adjusts the XP to a percentage of their average, to a minimum of 10% of their maximum value. This means that you need to keep your animals fed and healthy if you want to maintain their best XP rates.
- Harvest XP can now be boosted by items and bonus XP
- You can now use any XP boosting reward or device while harvesting. While this doesn’t include double XP weekends, it means that those who are going for efficiency can see an increase in the base XP to somewhere near the pre-nerf values.
- Increased the value of shiny animals
- To give even more value to shiny animals, they will now produce 25% more XP than their base animal (up from 10%). This means that if you aim to breed shiny animals, you should see a higher rate of XP as a reward for the effort you have put into the farm.
- update 4 February 2019 (Update):
- Granny Potterington now sells the ability to unlock farm animal indicators to help determine whether something is diseased or has produce to gather.
- patch 24 September 2018 (Update):
- Chocolate milk from cows is now correctly certed when gathering produce.